Closed Thread
Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann17. I think you said it all with regards to DE. We started out like that. Didn't want to think about or accept the DE option until every other option was exhausted. And that is normal. of course! We are so concentrated and focused on getting our bubbas genetically. It's only natural. But I am in the same boat. ..I have been on this long hard journey for a while now, and it seems, have been beating our heads against a brick wall with a low AMH of possibly 1 at the age of 40. That's the cards we've been dealt. So after one last try with Wazza (current cycle) we have come to the decision that we are good with DE if that's what it takes. Of course, there are so many issues and questions raised that comes with DE. But we're ready for it. And although, don't get me wrong, I am gutted that the bubba won't be half me genetically, I agree with the others that it will be my flesh and blood and upbringing and so many other factors that make that baby ours. My DH is adopted, and his upbringing , morals, mannerisms and even his laugh mirror his adoptive father. He is the most wonderful and kind man too. No genetics there.

So my question may be better suited on another thread, but has anyone on this thread done a donor cycle in Australia? (DE from friend In Australia) I'm trying to get an idea on cost AUS vs SA.

Micca- can you recall during your 2ww how you 'felt' before knowing about the bfp. As in any twinging, cramps, stabbing, tiredness. Did u have a feeling of bfp or no clue? I am in the 2ww and of course am racking my brains trying to recall how I felt on the bfns and even the bfp. Having some twinges similar to af symptoms, but not as 'deep'. ...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Musical Girl - I hope you dont have to go down the DE path and this little embie decides to stick. Like you I have a low AMH 2.7, but isnt it - its not the no. of eggs (although it helps) but the quality of the egg? So I truly hope you have found that golden egg. If you have a known donor in Aust it would be cheaper in Aust I'd assume as you wldnt have flight, accomm, etc cost added on to your cycle cost. If you look back few pages I think someone listed costs (but I think it was Micca for US) but there are a few lovely girls here doing the SA DE cycle who cld help you out. Yes I too sometimes get upset that I wont see a reflection of myself (mixed with DH, which I always dreamed of) in bubs but there's more to it then just looks! I guess I shd be more grateful as there wld be a genetic link to some degree with the donor being my sisters DD. But more importantly it will be what we teach them that matters the most.
    for your BFP.

Micca - hows the morning sickness treating ya?

Thanks
    Reviews
    As to the costs of DE in australia... they are very much the same as SA or USA

Donor cycle... $9000... no medicare rebate as not infertility
    anaesthetic and theatre costs for EPU .. $2000 if donor does not have private ins
    cost of airfares if donor out of state $500 + acoomodation $1000
    cost of gifts to donor $500- $1000
    cost dinner/lunches with donor $200
    FET $ 3000 (rebate $670)

total cost australian DE aprox ... $15000

cost of SA..with airfares +accom.. around $13,000
    Cost USA with airfares (2) +accom around $ $22000

I hope that this helps... DE are not that cheap in aus because of the hidden expenses.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Goldielocks  (04-07-2013),MusicalGal  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    Micca- can you recall during your 2ww how you 'felt' before knowing about the bfp. As in any twinging, cramps, stabbing, tiredness. Did u have a feeling of bfp or no clue? I am in the 2ww and of course am racking my brains trying to recall how I felt on the bfns and even the bfp. Having some twinges similar to af symptoms, but not as 'deep'. ...

In my first pregnancy I had nothing... I had some AF cramps and a tightning prior to AF coming and was convinced the cycle did not work... had a coffee and made an appointment with wazza I was so convinced it was a failure..lol..
    My chemical pregnancy I had nothing either.
    This pregnancy with twins... I had some nausea sort of symptoms in the morning..but I was sick with a sinus infection as well... I also had some hot flushes.. but that was about it... But I dont get morning sickness.. even now Im still chowing down on everything in sight and could almost forget im pregnant except for the occassional feeling like my uterus might explode..lol.
    So hang in there... keep busy and fingers crossed...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    In the interests of putting all costs re Donor Cycles in one place - I've recently been researching as well and the other option is a donor egg cycle through the World Egg Bank and Monash IVF (they import eggs from America to Aus) the cost of this is approx $23,000 all up.

Em x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    one thing to remember with egg banks (I used one in USA) is that it is not the doctor that gives them the high sucess rates it the lab... which is the reason I went to atlanta.. they could have transfered the eggs to an affiliate like in hawaii but the lab in atlanta is very special... and the fertilisation rates they get from frozen eggs are around 90%... so if you import eggs you may not get the same success rates. Also I had a high quality blast guarentee... if I did not get 2 high quality blasts out of 6 eggs and not pregnant they would give me another 6 eggs for free... so it was nice...ironically I did not get 2 high quality blasts and both still implantated.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-06-2013),wanabemum  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently had a donor coordination appointment at QFG and was explained of the costs.

There is a medicare rebate on IVF/ICSI donor cycle - the rebate is exactly what you would receive if you wld be doing a cycle with your own eggs. For eg. QFG costs for 1st IVF cycle is $7415 (out of pocket $2700) or ICSI is $8150 (out of pocket $2970) and if it is a subsequent cycle within the calendar year for your own eggs or donor eggs the out of pocket is $2140 or ICSI $2400.

Admission to the Day Procedure Hospital is only claimable with Private Health Fund - so if your donor has insurance and depending on the level of insurance you can get money back (well technically your donor wld). If top insurance day surgery will be totally covered (except for your nominated access you will need to pay). Different hosp have different costs. For eg. St Andrews, Brisbane charges $1280.

Anaesthetist Fees is also claimable from medicare and maybe eligible for Health Fund Rebate. Be it a donor or your won eggs.

As I was explained basically the costs are same and claimable from Medicare and Health Fund (if donor has a cover) for donor or your own eggs. The biggest cost is the day surgery if your donor isnt covered.

So basically whatever you wld pay for yourself, you wld instead be paying for your donor and whatever you wld have been eligible for claiming from medicare so is your donor, . Most clinics do have donor coordination fees as well.

Micca - I was just wondering were you informed by a clinic that there's no medicare rebate for donor cycles? I have (with my donor coordinator) actually filled out all my medicare claim forms for my donor but nominated myself as the payee and put down my bank acc details is where the money will be refunded to. All ready to be lodged once the procedure takes place.

I do fly in from overseas so obviously it is an expensive expedition plus I have to fly my donor from Syd to Bris and back. But for a known donor I wld find Aust cheaper due to all the rebates and even better if donor has a heath fund that covers IVF. But wld consider overseas option if I didnt have a known donor in Aust, from what I gather the waiting list in quite long.....and I think we all have waited long enough and are still waiting!

Muscial girl - who are you with?

Emski - wow! $23000 is pretty expensive!! I'd rather be on that plane off to SA or USA in flash!! And do a holiday and still have change in my pocket! What we wldnt do to have our precious little bubs!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    I recently had a donor coordination appointment at QFG and was explained of the costs.

There is a medicare rebate on IVF/ICSI donor cycle - the rebate is exactly what you would receive if you wld be doing a cycle with your own eggs. For eg. QFG costs for 1st IVF cycle is $7415 (out of pocket $2700) or ICSI is $8150 (out of pocket $2970) and if it is a subsequent cycle within the calendar year for your own eggs or donor eggs the out of pocket is $2140 or ICSI $2400.
    Anne - be aware that the above is only true if your clinic is willing to put it through as a medicare rebatable cycle. Not all clinics are willing. Mine (Concept) puts all Egg Donor cycles through with no medicare rebate possible and it is backed up by their Fees Schedule which clearly shows what Medicare rebates you can expect for anything.
    Last edited by Net3811; 28-06-2013 at 14:59.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myself and my DP are technically doing this right now as I am being a donor of my eggs to her.

So basically I do a full ICSI cycle $7450 (except for the transfer) and Medicare will pay the rebate. And DP will pay for a FET cycle $2800 (but it will be a fresh transfer) and medicare will pay the rebate on that as well.

Extra costs will be of course hospital excess, anaesthetist fee the norm.

Any further questions ask away

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    Ann17. I think you said it all with regards to DE. We started out like that. Didn't want to think about or accept the DE option until every other option was exhausted. And that is normal. of course! We are so concentrated and focused on getting our bubbas genetically. It's only natural. But I am in the same boat. ..I have been on this long hard journey for a while now, and it seems, have been beating our heads against a brick wall with a low AMH of possibly 1 at the age of 40. That's the cards we've been dealt. So after one last try with Wazza (current cycle) we have come to the decision that we are good with DE if that's what it takes. Of course, there are so many issues and questions raised that comes with DE. But we're ready for it. And although, don't get me wrong, I am gutted that the bubba won't be half me genetically, I agree with the others that it will be my flesh and blood and upbringing and so many other factors that make that baby ours. My DH is adopted, and his upbringing , morals, mannerisms and even his laugh mirror his adoptive father. He is the most wonderful and kind man too. No genetics there.

So my question may be better suited on another thread, but has anyone on this thread done a donor cycle in Australia? (DE from friend In Australia) I'm trying to get an idea on cost AUS vs SA.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski, how are you going? I was wondering the same thing about supplements, seems response is a bit mixed. I started CoQ10, but was told not to take DHEA as I have polycystic ovaries. So that only seems to leave melatonin, I suppose it's worth a shot.

TeamPanda, how are you going?

MusicalGal, hope the 2WW is not too nerve wracking.

DJ, Sunny - sooo excited for you two, the SA adventure is so close

Ann, it's great to see you back! So happy to hear you have a way to move forward, such a generous offer from your niece! It sounds like a real logistical challenge for you to coordinate everything from overseas too. I agree with what you've said about DE, I tried to discuss it with DH, figuring that since he'd agreed to international adoption (we applied last year) that he'd be fine with DE, but funnily enough he's quite reticent about it. I guess he just needs time to come around to the idea (that, and finding a donor from the same ethnic background )

Fingers, it's great to hear everything is going ahead for your cycle with DP Hope that this is the one

Micca, glad to hear there is no MS Thanks for posting the comparison of DE costs. The guarantee that the Atlanta lab gave you sounds amazing. I'd love to hear some more details about the lab and how you came across it.

Mrs P, Kenta, Bertie and everyone else.

AFM - well as expected it's a BFN. I had symptoms up until last Sunday, when they disappeared, so I had my meltdown then. I followed it up with a session with our clinic's counselling service, which helped to get things back in balance. Funnily enough the subject of donor came up, I said I'd be happy to do it since we'd already applied to adopt. At the end of the hour I found out the counsellor was referring to donor sperm (we have MFI), but I had been talking about donor eggs Anyway, it's back to the drawing board for me, I have 3 frosties left, so I will attempt 1 more FET, then if no good (most likely not), I will see if I can stim again and attempt to stock the freezer.

Hope the weather is good over the weekend where you are

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (28-06-2013),Fingerscrossd11  (29-06-2013),Kenta  (28-06-2013),MusicalGal  (28-06-2013)