Closed Thread
Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta, - I could almost mirror emski's post. I've been on it for 7 weeks now. Love the sleep with melatonin. Don't like the hair loss and greasy scalp of the DHEA. I'll be stimming in august so we will find out then, and I'd will have been on it for 3+ months.
    But, I wouldn't hold it against the drugs if it's a bfn for me in august, as I will be 46 by then ...

Cheers, MrsP...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (23-06-2013),MGC Bertie  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls
    I took DHEA almost for a year apart from the period I was pregnant. My Fs took me off it around July/august last year because she said they didnt know what the long term effects were. I dont know if it made much of a difference to tell you the truth. I have taken melatonin every cycle since last november. My november cycle was my best cycle ever with 15 eggs and out of those one hatching blast transferred and 4 made it to the freezer. At the time I put it down to the melatonin because we had never been able to freeze any embies before. My last 2 cycles with melatonin were so so. Both times 10 eggs. My first ever cycle in september 2011 we got 7 eggs. So there has been an improvement. I sometimes wonder whether the dual effects of the DHEA and melatonin contributed to november cycle being so good. By the way we havent been able to freeze any embies from the last 2 cycles.
    xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

First up congrats to micca! Twins! Omg isn't that just the dream! They say our over 40 chances go up to 80% success with donor eggs. Thank you so much for sharing your story, as I would never have considered de from overseas as a possibility but am now seriously considering the options. Xx

I was on DHEA for my last 2 cycles and melatonin for the last as well. Who knows if it made a difference to the egg quality. Both times we've got 4 eggs but only 1 Blast from each cycle. Who knows if we would've got even that far without it. Who knows with any of it. ..but you've gotta try. We also did Saizen growth hormone this time. As far as I can tell, they only made me really hungry! !

So I've got 1 more week of the 2ww to go. I'm treating myself after the full month of 5 daily injections...., if I want ice cream. ..I get it! What the heck , we've gotta get thru this somehow eh?!

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck MusicalGal
    I also did Saizen lastcycle. Dont think it made one ounce of difference. Just left a big dent in my bank account.

Thanks
    Reviews
    goodluck to all those cycling....
    thanks for all the congrats... I still am in shock over it all.. and that it worked and was so easy... compared to the 5 injections a day I did with my ivf cycles... I cannot recommend the Donor egg egg route enough... at the end of the day our priority is a baby... sometimes we have to give up our dna ties to achieve this... and while it is a hard decision to come to..once you see those 2 lines ..you do not even think of genetics..

muscialgal...hang in there on the 2ww....

Team panda I did all the vitamins. ,melatonin, dhea, inisotol.. etc and saizen.. I think it helped my eggs when I was 41 to give me DD... but It probably made no difference when I was 44... at the end of the day the age effect on the eggs is pretty severe and there not much can change it...

Mrs pontipine... good for you for continung to try with your own eggs... you are braver than I could be... if you get pregnant with your own eggs do you worry about the insanely high downs risk for your age.... that was the catayst for me moving to donor eggs was the knowledge that my chances were getting smaller, as well as my bank balance and then if it worked I would have 10 weeks of stress waiting for results for trisomy and then having to make a very difficult decision if it was positive... I cannot believe how much I thought about it and worried... until this donor pregnancy where I dont have that worry and it is like the world has lifted off my shoulders... All the advice I can give you is dont get hung up on genetics... its all about a baby... and if you use DE the baby is still yours through and through and you influence the genes of the baby which truely makes it related to you genetically.. but dont wait too long... a baby is in your grasp.. its just that leap of faith.

hi to everyone else..

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Goldielocks  (26-06-2013),Kenta  (24-06-2013),MGC Bertie  (24-06-2013),Team panda  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MusicalGal, - I hope you are coping well and keeping busy during your 2ww. I would so love to see another BFP here. Especially from a FNQ girl.

Micca, - I am so glad that you can feel relaxed about this pregnancy. it should be the most enjoyable time of your life. Cooking two new magical buns . Congrats again!

I do, and I don't, worry about the risks! A CVS would be high on the cards if we manage the statistically improbable. But I have to know I can't do it before I move on. And yes, there might be allot of pain down the track, but I believe there is a good egg (i.e. healthy live birth) left in me. It's just a question of if we can catch it.

When we started IVF at age 43 (pre DS) I said that I would do 3 stims before giving up. This will be the 3rd. 'At this stage' I can't see myself moving to donor eggs. I see myself picking my career up where I left it, but treating it more like a job than a career.

I do, however, get very excited when I see other ladies getting pregnant with donor eggs, so I will never say never.

Springy, - 4 more sleeps .

MrsP...

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (24-06-2013),MGC Bertie  (24-06-2013),SpringRain  (24-06-2013),Team panda  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, hope everyone is having a great Monday.

Musical, glad to hear you are spoiling yourself in the 2WW.

Mrs. P, thanks for the good wishes. Don't actually feel much, a bit sensitive up top (IYKWIM) but that's about it.

You seem so positive, did you feel upbeat and positive that it would work out when you were trying for your DS? Just asking, as I'm feeling a bit discouraged at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca.....So happy for you, truly happy.

Sunny....Hi hun Not long to go!!! See you in Cape Town!

Sorry I am not in touch with all of your cycles but hope you are all doing well.

AFM...Donor Eggs in Cape Town....3 weeks to go!!!!!!

Hi everyone!

DJ

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Micca well done!! You make me excited for my upcoming DE cycle but not til Sept though. You are truly inspiring to many of us! Twins huh?

Springrain - finger crossed for you, I really hope this is the one for you.

Sunny and DJ - wishing you girls all the best and may Micca's luck rub-off on you both!! Bring home the excess baggage girls!

Fort - hope you going ok, good on you for trooping along. Its a tough road for sure. I know one of the ladies on the thread had a miscarriage on her first DE cycle but a followed by a fet BFP. Her baby is due anytime now (if she already hasnt given birth). Hang in there .

Mrs Pontipine - i know exactly how you feel about DE cycle. I remember before I did my back to back in Feb/March this year - DH had suggested that if it didnt work out maybe we shd consider DE - i got very upset and angry just thinking about it and I shut my heart and mind to it totally. Whilst I was happy to read on DE cycle BFPs I just cldnt bring myself to think about it for me and thought I'd just focus on my career. I felt and knew that I have that golden egg somewhere (I still do !). However, as time went few factors helped me accept the idea. First, I was lucky enough to have a known donor (my niece), and i think that was the most important thing that helped me accept it along with the constant support from my sis, my niece who coincidentally offered me her eggs in Feb (my 4th stim) and at the same time DH was considering DE. Second, I may have that egg but after how many cycles, or perhaps miscarriage/s (as I have had one) and risks will I finally get it?? Also the financial, physical and emotional part plays a huge role. My situation was compounded by the fact that I am living in overseas where DH works - so it was an even bigger budget for us to travel back to Brissy for my cycles staying in hotels (as my sis and neice live in Sydney and I wld travel back and forth as sometimes I was monitord by IVF Aust in Westmead), hiring car, etc, not to mention matching my cycle times with DHs duty travel requirements and then after all that getting BFNs and DH by then would have gone back to work and our comforting was done over the ph. Third, there are many brave ladies on bubhub who share their stories, advise and have successes that really helped me. And finally, the thought of 2 pink lines (like Micca says), 7 week heartbeat and 9 months later DH finally holding his baby...our baby....out-weighed everything else. I have 2 children that arent biologically DHs but he has been with them since pre-school days and as he says they are our children - his children - what we teach them and how we bring them up influences them - and as he says "have I loved them any less just because it wasnt my sperm that created them?" And the answer is through and through No! He is there for them just like any dad. I am finally ready for my DE cycle but it has taken me a while. And that is why I respect your decision as I have been there. DE cycle is requires alot of thinking and acceptance and understandably it is a hard choice for many. If I didnt have my niece I do sometimes wonder would I have still been able to go ahead with it. Good luck, DE or own eggs we are all in this together.

Muscial girl - hope you aren't going to crazy in your tww symptom spotting! I did Saizen in my last cycle but like Team Panda big dent and nothing to show for it, that cycle was consistent with any other non-saizen cycles!

Kenta, Bertie, and everybody else on this thread.

AFM - DE cycling in Sept, have done all the preliminary requirements and donor approved, basically waiting for pill-popping now.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (28-06-2013),Kenta  (28-06-2013),MrsPontipine  (27-06-2013),SpringRain  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, a little update for you all

Whirlwind of information, still processing everthing. So looking at my ultrasound report they could see 5 follies but then my ovaries werent coming to the party so there could have been more. All my levels are fantastic, vit D could be better so continuing with the Ostelin. My thyroid has a "heavy" workload but nothing to worry about yet.

So we are going ahead with a cycle. Now to get DP in sync with me.

But first thing is a BT for E2 & P4 on the 4th July (my day 21). And to wait for DP to get her periods so they can slow her cycle down (we are about 1 week apart).

We both have a supply of lucrin now in the fridge awaiting further instructions. Its all becoming a little real.