Closed Thread
Page 74 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi MusicalGal
    Its good that you have set a limit for yourself. We always said that we would know when we hit that limit. After failing cycle number 7 I was at the end of my tether, but DH said "we have a few more cycles in us". So I reckon 2 more then I call it quits.
    The DE scenario has entered my mind of late. But Im not quite swayed by it yet. My husband is. I keep questioning so many things about it. Who do you tell? When do you tell the child? What happens if you and your husband broke up(god forbid) What about if the child becomes an angry teenager and has issues with it in later life (I teach teenage girls) Would I be able to deal with it? What about if I wasnt a good enough mother and they wanted to try to find their biological mother? I guess if we chose that path we would have counselling and all these questions would be addressed. Im not totally against it Im just scared of the unknown. But I must admit I have thought about it more and more recently.

Regarding lining issues my lining has ranged between 10 and 6 mm during different stim cyles. It has always been reasonably ok. My FS saids its not an issue.
    Yesterday I went to get a second opinion via a gyno and he sent me to have an ultrasound to appease me. I felt like I was betraying my FS. The ultrasound doctor said he had never seen such a thin lining at day 11. I finished my last cycle 7 june, got my withdrawal 9 June and 10 days later, being yesterday, my lining is at 4mm. Im wondering if this is due to ivf and wtf it is doing to our poor bodies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck springrain and musicalgal on your 2ww...it's great you have blasties on board.

teampanda we are at a similar stage to you, having done 6 IVF transfers and 1 FET transfer with no success. When we started I thought I could only do it no more than 3x and on our 5th cycle had thought we had given the kitchen sick approach a go too but still not yet mentally prepared for donor yet.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-06-2013),SpringRain  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda, good luck with your PGD cycle Hope you'll get a nice proportion of normal embryos for a FET. Fresh cycles don't seem to work for me either, AF just comes really early even with medication. I am sorry to hear that your lining is thin, hope your FS can fix it.

Emski, how is the testing going? Glad to see you'll be cycling with your new clinic next month!

Kenta, get well soon

Mrs P, hope the consultation with the local FS gives you some answers. Travelling so far so regularly is a problem, especially with a youngster.

Musical congratulations on being PUPO!! Settle in and grow, little embie When do you test?

Hi Micca, Fort, Sunny, DJ, Fingers, Twocam, Sagitwist and everyone else

AFM - test date is Fri 28th, so just waiting out till then.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (21-06-2013),Sagitwist  (23-06-2013),Team panda  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kenta
    I think we know when we can not endure any more of this. I never had a number at the beginning. That very first cycle I went in blind. In retrospect it was a breeze emotionally. I seriously never envisioned doing 7 Stims.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Happly Thursday everyone

Musical Gal... good luck on getting a 5-day this time We only had 1 embie make it to day 5 and it stuck, so hopefully I can share some with you!

Panda... Not sure what a naturally thin lining means and whether there's anything you can take to help thicken it up. FWIW I think it's great that you have lots of questions about DE. We have two adopted kids (the youngest is now a teen) and those questions are all ones that we have had to face with our kids. I think it's really important to think about your own feelings about all these issues

AFM..got discharged from my FS yesterday so all my care from here forward will be via my midwife-led team.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (20-06-2013),Team panda  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, I haven't been on in a little while since my BFN. I hope everyone is well. I saw my FS on Tuesday and we have decided to wait til my August AF for the FET. I only have one frosty so she is going to do Gonal f 25 then pregnyl trigger and progesterone pessaries for support. Don't know if it will work but I guess we will see.

I hope of those ladies that are now PUPO are well and that your little ones are nice and sticky.

To all that got BFP's while I was gone congrats and lots of best wishes for healthy bubs

Wave to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our meeting with the counsellor went well. Got a few concerns off our chest and learnt a few things. DP was worried about that this will be classed as a surrogacy (which we know is illegal in NSW) I knew it wasnt but glad DP brought it up and the counsellor said that egg donation whether its like us (in a couple) or just a normal donor is another thing entirely. The paper work though, OMG lol. I am signing my life away......
    Next step is our appt/talk with the FS and see what our next step is.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    had my ultrasound today....

TWINS.. growth good Heartbeats 135... OMG !!!

still have miscarrage risk so the worry is not over... will have another scan in 2 weeks...

So this donor egg business really works... and I can highly recommend it... I just wish I had done it 12months ago. All I can say is that these babies are mine through and through and I do not think of them not genetically related to me...

oh twocam our due dates are around the same time now..

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (23-06-2013),Goldielocks  (26-06-2013),Kenta  (21-06-2013),MGC Bertie  (23-06-2013),Twocam  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow micca...so happy for you. I can only dream. Thank you for sharing your experience as without it I would not have considered donor. We've made the decision though to give it another shot once I'm recovered. Once again trying to figure out what type of cycle we should do and learn from all the experiences on this site as to how to optimize our chances whilst waiting.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    had my ultrasound today....

TWINS.. growth good Heartbeats 135... OMG !!!

still have miscarrage risk so the worry is not over... will have another scan in 2 weeks...

So this donor egg business really works... and I can highly recommend it... I just wish I had done it 12months ago. All I can say is that these babies are mine through and through and I do not think of them not genetically related to me...

oh twocam our due dates are around the same time now..
    Congratulations! That's so exciting woohoo!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazpurple For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-06-2013)