Closed Thread
Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I just read in New Idea that Lisa Curry claims that at 51 her (unnamed) FS has told her that her ovaries are good and "still working" and that she has the all clear and a good chance (thanks it is claimed to her fitness) to start IVF with her own eggs!? She even says that she is going to try to get pregnant naturally before IVF...? The article says that there are another two women who have managed to get pregnant at 50, implying that this is with their own eggs though they don't stipulate this clearly. I hope younger women and men out their don't read this and think that IVF will solve all their problems and they can put things off too late.

It amazes me that magazines and newspapers can print these kind of damaging and misleading articles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmn forget the Dhea, should I be stocking up on Uncle Toby's, girls?

Perhaps the key word is 'starting' ivf with her own eggs... I agree, it sends a pretty unrealistic message doesn't it. Good on her for having a go though. My Aunt had a baby at 50, but she was a gynaecologist herself. i never knew if it was her own egg, and it feels lame to ask now, as that child was killed in a car crash at age 21.

Either way Lisa will probably join this thread soon ...
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 11-06-2013 at 13:57.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

angelmama74  (11-06-2013),MGC Bertie  (11-06-2013),wanabemum  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really do hope she does get pregnant with her own eggs, but it's these high profile people that I wonder about when it comes down to them using their own eggs or ED! Sometimes I think they tell porkies, so as to protect the kids from comments, before they get a chance to tell their kids themselves. I can't really blame them, - but I wish they could secretly tell us the truth, LOL.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you're right Mrs P... It would be hard wouldn't it. I find it hard enough with my friends knowing stuff, ... Imagine if you had the whole world wanting to know. I think i would find that hard. Anyhow I think ED is an awesome technology and will use it if I have to, but am still trying with my own as I only just turned 40 and amh is ok so am hoping my eggs are good for now. I'm totally excited because my bloods confirmed I ovulated (go me!) and my FET is Friday. Luckily my moronic attempt at opks was not necessary this month and the blood tests gave the info needed without klutzy input from yours truly. Dh unconscious and all tuckered out after doctors orders protracted ovulation induced weekend love tryst. No one can say I'm not trying !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    Hi all, I just read in New Idea that Lisa Curry claims that at 51 her (unnamed) FS has told her that her ovaries are good and "still working" and that she has the all clear and a good chance (thanks it is claimed to her fitness) to start IVF with her own eggs!? She even says that she is going to try to get pregnant naturally before IVF...? The article says that there are another two women who have managed to get pregnant at 50, implying that this is with their own eggs though they don't stipulate this clearly. I hope younger women and men out their don't read this and think that IVF will solve all their problems and they can put things off too late.

It amazes me that magazines and newspapers can print these kind of damaging and misleading articles.
    lol...what a great fabricated story... as no women older than 45 has got pregnant with her own eggs and carried a live baby using ivf in australia... Ive met lisa and I can tell you she is a 50yr old through and through...sounds like she is using donor eggs to me.... wonder if it is in the states she is doing a cycle.... the sad thing is that it gives women over 40 the wrong message that it is easy to get pregnant... and of course the downs risk at 50 is about 1:2...
    Last edited by micca; 11-06-2013 at 20:24.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

surfergal  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    beta in
    18dpo... 1130
    24dpo ... 9313

looks good... now the wait for the ultrasound at 7 weeks... which is next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    beta in
    18dpo... 1130
    24dpo ... 9313

Woohoo Micca, - Enjoy your pregnancy! Are you counting down the days until your US? You must be so excited to get to see your little bean(s) for the first time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

micca  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoooooooo! Go Miccaaaaa!

Fortitude how are you going?

Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    beta in
    18dpo... 1130
    24dpo ... 9313

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

micca  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    fort... tried to PM you but BH wont let me reply to emails on this computer..will try tomorrow...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    Fortitude how are you going?
    Crap.
    Did a BT today... but before I got the results started bleeding heavily with clots.
    hcg was 3779 (so slightly above average for a single)
    Retest Thurs, but I know it's over.