Closed Thread
Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    A 'helpful' friend told me that nobody had had a live birth in Australia over 40 using their own eggs. Is this true? I've just turned 40 last ww and am in the 2ww so hearing that was upsetting. My FS didn't mention this? It must not be correct? I tried researching but drew a blank.
    Butterfly, this is definitely not correct, a 43yo on SMC had a live birth last year. I have also seen a few 41 & a couple of 42yo on SMC have live births with their own eggs. At 40, you have a reasonable chance with IVF and I would give yourself the opportunity. Granted it isn't common but can definitely be done.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (20-05-2013),MGC Bertie  (20-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With helpful friends like that, who needs enemies

No way is that true, to add to the pot of people's replies. Friends have got two gorgeous little girls, both were born to the partner in her 30's using her g/f's eggs who was 45 at the time of fertilisation.

Also, as my FS said, my partner at 43 (now) is not the youngest at our clinic and she has alot of success rate with women over 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    A 'helpful' friend told me that nobody had had a live birth in Australia over 40 using their own eggs. Is this true? I've just turned 40 last ww and am in the 2ww so hearing that was upsetting. My FS didn't mention this? It must not be correct? I tried researching but drew a blank.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (21-05-2013),MGC Bertie  (21-05-2013),MrsPontipine  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - Good luck tomorrow....thinking of you. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    had lining scan... all good 11mm... so we are all good to go... eggs get defrosted on friday and I get a fert report on sat.. with transfer weds neext week.
    Im enjoying relaxing... the resort Im in is amazing... it has 3 huge lagoon pools..so we went and hung out in one today...planning another tomorrow morning... I am enjoying it... ended up buying a lot of yum yum food today... bagels and donuts here we come !!! just a pity their coffee is so bad..lol
    Micca, - As Sunny said - Best of luck tomorrow, I hope all went swimmingly on Fri/Sat! How has the rest of your holiday been?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca....Just popped in to say hi and hope all goes well. Thinking of you.

DJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I have been MIA for a while!

Twocam - congrats on being pupo, may the symptom watching begin!

Pontipine and Wagon - sorry to hear of your BFN too, it doesnt get any easier does it? Any plans moving forward?

Kaz- are you pupo now too?

Kenta - Iam so sorry to hear of your BFN, hope you are a feeling ok. Any plans?

Bertie- sorry of your BFN. I felt the same way as you are at the moment, when I had my BFNs in Feb and March (stim 5) and throwing in things like Menopur and Saizen and already doing 600 Gonal F, I started paying attention to donor egg cycle. At first it was hard but I slowly warmed up to it from the support of DH and all the lovely ladies who have either done a DE cycle or about to do it. I guess I wld probably like to give cycle 6 a go with my own eggs (as I do believe it can happen but I think it will take a while finding that golden egg) but being in overseas where DH works its hard to coordinate hit and miss cycles back in Bris, so I think its wiser to move on to a DE cycle now and I am just getting impatient to be UTD now too .

Springrain - hows your tww?

DJ, Sunny, Leosmum - hopefully I will be your cycle buddy in July!

Micca - hope things are going great and you are pupo and having a good holiday.

Fingerscrossed, Net, Butterfly - how you girls travelling?

AFM nothing much to report, just organizing a (hopefully) July cycle.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (24-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    well I am PUPO !!!... 2 good quality blasts on board... so we can only hope that I get my miracle next week. They gave me a nice photo of the blasts which was fabulous. the blasts were on the early side so I did not meet their guarentee...which means if this does not work I get to cycle with 6 more eggs for free. So it is nice having that backup. I have managed to spend the afternoon having a lovely 2hr nap with DD.. planning a quiet day tomorrow as well...

so many factors to make sure this works... still a bit worried about the endometritis infection in the back of my mind... but truefully I am feeling good and fit so we shall just have to wait until next week. At least I am super busy so it should fly... I have a bunch of first response tests in my suitcase...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (23-05-2013),MGC Bertie  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca congrats on being PUPO Wishing you thoughts!AFM 6 weeks tomorrow and my bloody jeans are tight I'm sure I haven't been eating for two but the waistline sure feels like it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca, glad to hear things are going well congratulations on PUPO

Twocam, lovely to hear you're feeling pregnant now

Ann, great to see you back, hope things fall into place for your July cycle.

Angelmama, Emski, Bertie - how are you going?

Leomum - welcome and best wishes for your Taiwan cycle. Do you know if they also do donor eggs there?

Butterfly, hope your test has given you good news

Kenta, I am sorry to hear your news

Sagitwist, great to hear your clinic have offered you another cycle to compensate.

Hi to Net, Fingers Sunny, DJ and everyone else.

AFM - I was in the last part of my cold when I had the transfer last week. On Friday, 2 days after the transfer the cold came back in full force so was sniffly and coughing all weekend. Then DD caught some sort of gastro bug on Monday, which I promptly got too. Usually I don't get sick that often, though I did get a nasty cold when first pg with DD, so I'm hoping that that's a good sign. Otherwise I don't feel anything at all, so apart from the complete lack of immunity to anything no other signs. Testing is Saturday so just have to wait till then.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (24-05-2013),Twocam  (24-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I had a break for a while after the m/c, my body forgot to ovulate last month for the FET cycle, levels stayed flat so I was put on primulate ?spelling for 10 days and then prognovya 8mg/day. had a u/s at day 8 and they were happy with endometruim and estrogen levels so started progesterone suppositories last friday had my only 2 frozen blastocysts put in yesterday. The FS was happy with their thaw and condition so fingers x'd. I have my first BT tomorrow then monday and wednesday. The FS said if this doesnt work to consider having a exploratory Lap, give up or try another full cycle. He freaked my Mum out when I went in to do the transfer saying "right so we want a healthy set of twins this time".
    So hopefully Micca and I have good news together - all the best Micca (I am answering 000 calls at the mo and talked a father through assisting a birth on the ph yesterday, so I hope that was an omen 4 me, mind you the scream between the head being delivered and the next contraction for the rest of the baby from the mum was blood curdling in my ear! waters broke and 14mins later she was out).
    Given i didnt have HCG as the trigger this time, I gave in and bought some 1st response tests too.....

All the best for where ever you are in your journey ladies.
    Goldie

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goldielocks For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (24-05-2013),MGC Bertie  (23-05-2013),Twocam  (23-05-2013)