Closed Thread
Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Butterfly - 'Helpful' friend is incorrect. Micca achieved a BFP at 42 using her own eggs and now has a daughter....I also think MrsPontipine is a 'graduate' too (apologies if I have this wrong).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (19-05-2013),MGC Bertie  (19-05-2013),MrsPontipine  (19-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly thank goodness your friend is wrong, or I wouldn't currently be pregnant at 41yo (my own eggs, although via IVF). There's an over-40s thread in the First Semester board here and I'm surprised at the large number of women that are in there.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (19-05-2013),MGC Bertie  (19-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much girls, it just annoys me how people state these things as such 'fact'.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    A 'helpful' friend told me that nobody had had a live birth in Australia over 40 using their own eggs. Is this true? I've just turned 40 last ww and am in the 2ww so hearing that was upsetting. My FS didn't mention this? It must not be correct? I tried researching but drew a blank.
    Butterfly, - I was 43 when I got pregnant with DS with my own eggs on my first IVF FET. My sister had 2 spontaneous pregnancies resulting in 3 children at age 40 and 41. My grandmother had 2 of her children at age 40 and 42 in the 1940's, and I'm pretty sure they were her own eggs. I could go on, and on, and on! Don't you worry about your silly friend. Lots of to you for the end of this 2WW! When are you testing?

MrsP...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (20-05-2013),MGC Bertie  (19-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I called my clinic and asked WTF! and they spoke to my fs and he has changed it back to lucrin but still at a lower gonal f dose 375 compared to 450. I need to call them again so I am going to query that too but I have a spare gonal f pen and if necessary I will use that if they don't up it.

It makes me feel hopeful that others use their own eggs and still get bfp in their 40's. My greatest fear is everything 'drying up'

I really appreciate this thread and all the advice you give. I feel more at home here that with the younger gals.

Leah x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsPontipine View Post
    Butterfly, - I was 43 when I got pregnant with DS with my own eggs on my first IVF FET. My sister had 2 spontaneous pregnancies resulting in 3 children at age 40 and 41. My grandmother had 2 of her children at age 40 and 42 in the 1940's, and I'm pretty sure they were her own eggs. I could go on, and on, and on! Don't you worry about your silly friend. Lots of to you for the end of this 2WW! When are you testing?

MrsP...
    My Aunt had one at 41. My friend had one at 46. Don't listen to the nay Sayers.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kazpurple For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (20-05-2013),MrsPontipine  (19-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazpurple View Post
    My Aunt had one at 41. My friend had one at 46. Don't listen to the nay Sayers.
    Kaz, - Your friend gives me some hope for #2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmama74 View Post
    Thanks ladies, I called my clinic and asked WTF! and they spoke to my fs and he has changed it back to lucrin but still at a lower gonal f dose 375 compared to 450. I need to call them again so I am going to query that too but I have a spare gonal f pen and if necessary I will use that if they don't up it.
    Hope you are able to get some answers Angel Whatever works for you (I was on 375iu of Gonal and 10 units of Lucrin).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!

Check this out - my Aunty got pregnant at 50 but I never asked her how because it was 20 years ago now. She was a Gynaecologist though.

yes, silly friends don't really think when they just take a big pin and pop your dream do they? Thanks for answering !

mrs p - I'm testing Wednesday officially - if it works great, if not i get back in the baby line
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 20-05-2013 at 07:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Kenta....So sorry. Praying that BT will show otherwise.

Sagi....hoping that the next one will be the one. I believe acu also helps to remove stress and relaxes you. I will also start to look near our area.

Kaz....how are your embabies?

Sunny... OMG! Not too long now and you will be in SA. Best of luck.

DJ... You are going to SA next to Sunny. I think we will be cycling buddies in July.

Hello to the rest. Hope all is well.

I have been following journeys of a few ladies that undergone IVF in Taiwan and stats are very promising. Also the cost is very reasonable for my DH and I are on working visa here in Australia and do not have Medicare. Without Medicare, it will be very expensive for us. We were already planning to do it with Westmead but it just so happen that DH will be assigned in Taiwan for a few weeks so we schedule our IVF to coincide with his biz trip. I already asked for prescription from my FS and also send email enquiry to a compounding chemist. Hopefully these all works out.

All the best ladies!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Leomum For This Useful Post:

Sagitwist  (31-05-2013)