Closed Thread
Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    micca 135 for saizen is cheap. It cost us 195 and we used 10 and luveris as well.
    As DH jokingly says if we succeed our child has been doping before they were born

bertie - yay on the fertilisation. Most labs seem to keep a watch on them usually for at least another 24hrs until they know for sure.

I've had day 3, day 5, day 6, day 2 transfers and the opinions vary depending on who you speak to. Lately I've been told that doing day 3 is really going blind but then if you have only a few embies does it matter? Ideally I think if an embie makes it to day 5 they clearly are the stronger and best but then I've heard people say that you lose some if you wait too long. My FS wants us to wait till day 4 (sat) or day 6 (mon). We can't do day 5 as it's sunday.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    kenta... I got my saizen through a pharmacy.. they got a deal from the drug company.. buy 3 get one free... so it brought the price down. If you need more in future it is worth giving some of the big chemists a go.. you just need a script from a doctor for the saizen and they may surprise you... as my clinic are selling it at $195 ..so they are surely making a profit...sods..

Oh and I have had a few day 4 transfers as well... same reason ..day 5 was a sunday.. Ive read a bit about day 4 transfers..it is supposed to be the most stable phase for the embryo...so some thought that this is a good time to transfer.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (21-02-2013),MGC Bertie  (22-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks micca. I've been a bit stressed about the waiting as our history has not been so good so it's reasurring what you said about day 4 transfers. I'm up worrying about whether I should have questioned about doing a day 3 transfer as most likely putting both back but then again not sure as have heard frozen transfers are the way to go and we did get a early but too small positive on our frozen transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 3 transfer it is - just had a call from the lab to say that our one precious little embryo is looking "beautiful" and has divided into 4 cells, which is great news for day 2. We're very, very happy with that. We will be having the transfer tomorrow, so another early start for us :-))

The other two eggs haven't done anything, so the technician thinks that's it. They will still keep them until tomorrow, but she says they will start to degenerate now that it's been two days since EPU.

So all hope and excitement for our one little precious one :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    bertie..great news on the lone ranger being so good... lets hope this is your turn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Bertie. I'm still waiting for decision about our transfer tomorrow as one of our embie has stopped dividing. Other one ok at day 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta, Good luck for your transfer, will be thinking of you. Glad to hear you have a good embie at day 3.

MCG Bertie, hope your transfer went well, and your good little one is snuggling in for the long haul. Glad to hear your DH had a good swimmer, hopefully that will be all you'll need Hope both of you are feeling better.

Sunny, excited to hear things are progressing for your SA adventure. Hope that you will be able to treat yourself to a great holiday and come back with an extra surprise.

Fingers, best to you and DP for the upcoming cycle.

Micca, hope the jabbing is going well and your follies are growing well.

HI to everyone else.

AFM - had one 5 day embie transferred on Wednesday. Progesterone was a bit low still , so now I'm on 4 pessaries per day. I don't actually think I feel pregnant (at least different from when I was first pg with DD) I'm just really, really tired.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (23-02-2013),Sunny15  (23-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We transferred both our embryos. We need to pray for a miracle. Our FS is not too optimistic as they are slow for day 4. The way I see it we could wait till day 6 and we could have no transfer and they are still the same 2 we would transfer. Please please stick and grow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta, here's a little cheer for your embies! Sticky vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta.... good luck for your two little embies. Most of the FSs do seem to prefer to have these embies back in our bodies rather than in our labs. Did they mention in the end the sizes or grades of them?

SpringRain.... good to hear of your ET as well. Fingers crossed.

AFM... I can say I'm PUPO!!! I had my ET this morning, and unlike in my first cycle, that speculum thing hurt absolutely massively. I was in so much pain, and I told Prof I so. At one point I was hurting so much that I was about to faint, and thought I was going to mess up the whole ET. I mostly had my eyes shut, and only opened them briefly to see my beautiful 7 cell grade A embryo on the screen. Then I closed them again and instructed DH to look lots at the embryo and enjoy it for me!!! The ET was nothing like my first cycle ET, nor pap smears etc, but Prof I didn't seem fazed that I was in inordinate amount of pain, and just said it will be over soon. That 5-10 minutes was the longest ever. As soon as he took it out, it was fine, but I'm sure it wasn't in right or something. Anyhow, not withstanding excruciating pain, we have one beautiful 7 cell grade A embryo transferred, and Prof I seemed very happy about that. And so are we

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (23-02-2013),Kenta  (23-02-2013),PeaSoup  (24-02-2013)