Closed Thread
Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A question to everyone:

I am doing the foot soaking in Epsom salts (literally as I type ). Can anyone advise me how long the soak should go for and which days of the cycle it most benefits? I understand it can support implantation and is possibly a more gentle way to have similar effects of DHEA.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck Micca! Very exciting!
    Fleur - I've never heard of soaking in Epsom salts for fertility - is it to give your body more magnesium?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,
    I hope you dont mind me joining the conversation, I posted a few times last year but havent posted for a while, we had a few cancelled cycles for various reasons, holidays, lab was closed over easter etc
    Anyway we are currently in the 2ww of fourth cycle. I have just done an antagonist cycle with Elonva, luveris and orgalutran, and a pippelle biopsy. We only got 3 eggs but had 100% fertilisation
    So we transfered 2 back. They were ok but not great looking embies and the other one didnt make it to freezing, which always happens!
    So we have another 9 days until official blood test and I have zero symptoms apart from sore boobs and lots and lots of creamyCM which I am putting down to the crinone! I really have the feeling that this has cycle has not worked, i really hope I am wrong but just have that gut feeling!
    so hi to everyone, hope everyone is well and I will try to catch up on everyone news in the next day or so, good luck to those cycling now and hopefully those storks will come visiting everyone soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fleur have never heard of the epsom salt either?

for you today wannabe for your test.

Wagonwheel my FS tells me you can't rely on symptoms or no symptoms as a sign so stay hopeful.

Safe travels micca and hope you come back with a special luggage on board.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wagonwheel , welcome I'm in the TWW too and have no symptoms whatsoever. So hopefully that's good!
    Fleur , I've never heard of using Epsom salts in TTC. But I love foot soaks. Maybe I should start
    Safe travels Micca , looking forward to happy news from you soon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Test results back and I am only B-HCG 48.4. My bleeding continues and because of that I have been told to double my pessaries. I am also told to prepare for a chemical or a ectopic pregnancy. There is however a very small chance that everything still might be ok... but lets definitely not get our hopes up. Oh the utter joy of IVF!

Micca Im taking your advice and I am sitting on my bed typing this. Work can wait for now! I hope you are also taking your advice and taking good care of yourself as much as possible. So exciting! Good luck!!!!!! xxxxxxx

Fleur - I have never heard of the Epsom salt treatment but it sounds quite decadent. I would give anything a go!

Fortitude - I can imagine it is very weird having someone else doing your jabbing for you but that is just the way it is - at least it wont be for long and then you will be taking over for 9 months and then the rest of your life!

Wagonwheel - hang in there. Im in the same boat as it looks like my cycle isnt looking like a huge success but I look at it this way: it brings me closer to working out what to do next. Big hugs xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabemum how many days post transfer are you? Are you retesting on Friday? Thinking of you as know how tough it is and

I have heard of a few girls starting with low numbers and succeeding but seems to be the exception.

On one of my frozen cycle I ended up with a low BHCG of 50 and it ended up rising to 60 after 48 hours so they asked me to stop the pessaries and it was over in a week..that's as close as we have come to being pregnant. Another cycle we had a hcg of 17 but I'm sure it was the pregnyl as I was only 6 dys after the last injection.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta

I know how you feel - I have also had a previous chemical miscarriage. It's tough. My transfer was on 27/8 and I had a 5 day blasty and a morula transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
    Wannabemum how many days post transfer are you? Are you retesting on Friday? Thinking of you as know how tough it is and

I have heard of a few girls starting with low numbers and succeeding but seems to be the exception.

On one of my frozen cycle I ended up with a low BHCG of 50 and it ended up rising to 60 after 48 hours so they asked me to stop the pessaries and it was over in a week..that's as close as we have come to being pregnant. Another cycle we had a hcg of 17 but I'm sure it was the pregnyl as I was only 6 dys after the last injection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wannabe that only makes you 10dys post transfer which is early as I test 14-15dys after transfer so I'm hoping for you that the hcg is low due to this and your embryos have a few more days to catch up.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wanabe, hope your little embie sticks and the bleeding stops soon for you, hoping for good news soon.

Kenta, how are you doing? Hope your embies are settling in for the long haul.

Twocam, hope the downhill run to testing day is treating you kindly. Thinking of you on Sunday.

Emski, glad to hear you have a plan B and C, but also hoping that your FET works and you won't need them

Fleur, I have not heard of the Epsom salts foot bath. Hope it works its magic.

Kazpurple, I have done two antagonist cycles, so fairly short overall. How are you travelling with yours? We also have MFI, so need ICSI.

Micca, your trip has come up soo quickly Happy and safe travels for you and your extra baggage

Fortitude, great to hear things are so close to EPU with your donor.

Hi wagonwheel, sending your some sticky vibes

Sunny very exciting that you're close to preparing for your SA cycle!

Hi to everyone else

AFM - I am now 13 days into my medicated FET. Went for BT and US on Monday, lining is >8mm, so my transfer date has been set for next Wednesday, with another BT on Monday beforehand.

I've been reading all the talk of supplements and DHEA etc with interest - I can't take DHEA since I have polycystic ovaries, but I did discuss CoQ10 at Micca's suggestion and used it during my second stim cycle. I think that the CoQ10 was the reason for the good results from that cycle.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-05-2013),Sunny15  (08-05-2013),wanabemum  (08-05-2013)