Closed Thread
Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazpurple View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I am new to all of this. I am 41 and have just started ivf. I am on Gonal-f injections (450) and I hate needles

did the first one tonight and survived. Kudos to all of you that have done this many times you are champions!

I appreciate any info or feedback from you all as I am clueless.

Hi Kazpurple. Welcome! It sounds like you are on an antagonist cycle if you are starting with Gonal F. This type of cycle is shorter and in my opinion more bearable than the long down regulated cycle which commences with a week or so of Lucrin before you start your Gonal F which means alot more injections. Check in with your FS or clinic and ask them to give you a rough guide for all the medication you will be scheduled to take throughout this cycle. They may adjust the dates based on your scans and results but at least you will have a "map" and know where you are going. I also found my first cycle scary and stressful as I didn't know what was happening enough in advance and I am a bit of a planner so this was hard for me. Everyone is differnent but I have personally needed at least 2 and ideally 3 days off post EPU to feel recovered from that as I go under a general for EPU. The transfer is much easier and I don't have anaesthetic for this. It is like a longer pap smear.

Here is some info about my two cycles as one was Antagonist and one was Long Down Regulated so it will give you an idea of how they differ. I think they start most people on Antagonist first and if you don't respond well then consider Long Down Reg after this but each person's circumstances and FS are so different.

My first cycle was antagonist - Gonal F 300 then from Day 5 I started on Orgalutran 240 to stop the eggs accidentally triggering then PM trigger on Day 9 (Ovidrel). I got extremely cold during EPU and got sore throat then the flu so keep your top nice and warm under your surgery robe and ask for them to keep you as warm as possible. Most people are fine but there is no reason to risk it. You need to be in peak form throughout this process. My transfer on this cycle was cxl as no embies made it past Day 2.

Cycle #2 was long down regulated using ICSI. This meant Lucin for a week before starting Gonal F on first day of AMF (this was taken as well as continuing with Lucrin). I personally found Lucrin effected me strongly and I felt depressed while I was on it but as soon as the Gonal F started I felt back to normal again. Given our dissapointment with the first cycle FS suggested Saizen to support embryo quality so I took this with Gonal F until my trigger date. My trigger was Day 11 (post AMF) which was Ovidrel. My EPU was D13 and we collected 3 eggs all fertilised via ICSI. Both were good so I had D3 transfer and we tried to grow the 2nd embie to blacocyst for freezing. It made it to early blacocyst but not quite good enough to freeze. Post transfer I took 6 clicks of Ovidrel D2post EPU and D6 post EPU. Clexane was started on my day of transfer since my NK cells are slightly high. I started Crinone AM + PM D8 post EPU as I felt I needed extra progesterone support. My FS didn't believe this was necessary but felt it would either do nothing or perhaps help so didn't have an issue with this.

I hope this helps a bit. It's a bit of an essay but I thought I might give you a bit of a look at my two cycles as it does help for you to then know what questions to ask either your FS or any of us - we will help in any way we can to answer questions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur L For This Useful Post:

Kazpurple  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Hi Kazpurple and welcome. I'm also 41 and at the tail end of my first IVF cycle, now in the TWW. Over 40s are a good vintage, if I do say so myself
    Nicely put Twocam. I am also 41 and hoping this is going to be my lucky year. Good luck with your PUPO!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fleur L For This Useful Post:

Kazpurple  (07-05-2013),Twocam  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    emski... sorry to hear about your bfn... even though you expected it there is still that sad sinking feeling when you know for sure its a negative... onward...
    At least you have a plan... and a plan B... which really makes a huge difference to how you go through your cycles.

kazpurple
    ... welcome... lets hope that you only need 1 or 2 cycles to get your miracle.

Twocam... I hope you are not going too nuts...

MrsP... yay for an earlier appointment with warren... be aware he will give it to you straight... no namby pamby... but he has a great sense of humor.

DJ and Sunny... thinking of you always.

kenta.... lets hope this is the one... will you POAS?

Hi to everyone else...

well its 3 days until I fly out...eeeeeeeeek
    Ive spent the weekend ripping old wardrobes out... one full skip later and an exhausted micca.... but I really wanted to get it done before I left... not planning on doing any heavy lifting if I come back preggers.
    beginning to think about what I will take... still cant believe that next week I will be getting my lining check scan...

Very very exicting for you!!! Wishing you so much luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    Hi all

I havent posted for a while - mainly because I took some time out between cycles. I started this last cycle oh... I dunno feels like a lifetime ago. It has included a long down reg, filgrastim, clexan, dexamethasone, estradot, menopur, omnitrop antibiotics and intrallipid etc!!

Anyway, end result is Im due to have my blood test on Wednesday. I tested about 6dp5dt and had a negative test. Yesterday however I had a positive test. today I had another positive test. However I have had bleeding that started 3 days ago as very slight spotting but which increased yesterday and again today to look like a light period. I also have ongoing pain on my right ovary.

I called my IVF nurse but all he said was to keep taking the medication exactly as prescribed and to test on Wednesday as per plan... so not helpful... arrgh! Can anyone help me understand what is going on?
    I hope you are OK. Maybe check in with your FS as well to get some reassurance. Maybe they should consider doing a scan as well if you are having pains? Ask them what they think about this...1 more day to go for your BT. Fingers and toes crossed! Remember lots of people bleed when they are falling pregnant so don't read this as a sign. I know its scary to see blood though. Its just not what you need right now. Keep focusing on positive news tomorrow with your BT result

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur L For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM - I am between IVF cycles (with next cycle provisionally scheduled to start this month if I don't fall preganant spontaneously) right now so trying naturally with ovulation tracking BT and US plus nightly Progesterone pessaries from D3 post "ovulation surge". I had my mid luteal BT this morning to check on my progesterone levels and then next Monday is BT to check if I will have a little natural miracle this month. I so hope this will happen.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

just a quick update from me. I am still bleeding, if anything it's a bit heavier. I am still getting positive poas's - though i am paranoid they might be slightly lighter. Feeling very tired and finding it hard to focus on much. In fact feeling very muddle headed but not too stressed - what will be will be. Tomorrow is B (beta) day. Hopefully all will become clear.

Thank you all extremely much for you help. Throughout my cycles I have kept coming back to this thread, even though I often haven't been contributing as it has brought me an enormous amount of comfort. You are all such generously warm, supportive and wise women. Makes me wonder how many others there are like me out there.
    Micca I wonder if you realised how many you would help when you first started this thread so long ago? Good luck with your trip and may you bring home that precious cargo!
    Sunny - I cant wait to hear how your next step... getting closer by the day!
    Fortitude - Woohoo! Sounds like your well on your way! How are you going
    Everyone else - Big hello and may we all be blessed with baby dust soon enough!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a few people seem to be asking about different cycles and comparisons I thought I would include my experiences: I had fresh cycles, both with antagonist cycles with my last one in 2011 resulting in a chem pregnancy. Since then I tried a different doctor who had to cancel another antagonist cycle. Then I tried a different doctor again and another antagonist cycle which was also cancelled before transfer. This last cycle I found a doctor who was willing to through the book and the kitchen sink into the equation. We did a version of a colorado protocol with filgrastim, omnitrope, etc and would you believe they collected 8 eggs of which 6 fertilised and I had one blastocyst and one morula transferred! None for freezing but still this is the best result yet for me since 2011. Of course it was also the most expensive cycle but who cares?! A fantastic result even if this doesnt end up being a viable pregnancy ladies, it is still a great acheivement.

So my advice is if you want to try something new try the long down reg/colorado with the added kitchen sink enablers.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (07-05-2013),Kazpurple  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dear Wannabemum,
    I personally know a lady who had bleeding but is now 12 weeks along. Her bleeding was so heavy it was gushing out whenever she stood up. There's hope, if POAS is +ve.

UPDATE:
    My wonderful donor had first scan this morning- 15 follies all 6-7mm. Possible EPU next Wednesday- but still 2 more scans to go.
    I am thrilled with 15 follicles, especially with them being so close in size.
    Her eggs are golden, so even a handful would be excellent.

Sure feels strange not to be the one injecting and going to scans. Syneral and progynova keep me all drugged up though. I sure am grateful for this chance.

Fortitude
    xoxoxo

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-05-2013),micca  (07-05-2013),Twocam  (08-05-2013),wanabemum  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur L View Post
    Hi Kazpurple. Welcome! It sounds like you are on an antagonist cycle if you are starting with Gonal F. This type of cycle is shorter and in my opinion more bearable than the long down regulated cycle which commences with a week or so of Lucrin before you start your Gonal F which means alot more injections. Check in with your FS or clinic and ask them to give you a rough guide for all the medication you will be scheduled to take throughout this cycle. They may adjust the dates based on your scans and results but at least you will have a "map" and know where you are going. I also found my first cycle scary and stressful as I didn't know what was happening enough in advance and I am a bit of a planner so this was hard for me. Everyone is differnent but I have personally needed at least 2 and ideally 3 days off post EPU to feel recovered from that as I go under a general for EPU. The transfer is much easier and I don't have anaesthetic for this. It is like a longer pap smear.

Here is some info about my two cycles as one was Antagonist and one was Long Down Regulated so it will give you an idea of how they differ. I think they start most people on Antagonist first and if you don't respond well then consider Long Down Reg after this but each person's circumstances and FS are so different.

My first cycle was antagonist - Gonal F 300 then from Day 5 I started on Orgalutran 240 to stop the eggs accidentally triggering then PM trigger on Day 9 (Ovidrel). I got extremely cold during EPU and got sore throat then the flu so keep your top nice and warm under your surgery robe and ask for them to keep you as warm as possible. Most people are fine but there is no reason to risk it. You need to be in peak form throughout this process. My transfer on this cycle was cxl as no embies made it past Day 2.

Cycle #2 was long down regulated using ICSI. This meant Lucin for a week before starting Gonal F on first day of AMF (this was taken as well as continuing with Lucrin). I personally found Lucrin effected me strongly and I felt depressed while I was on it but as soon as the Gonal F started I felt back to normal again. Given our dissapointment with the first cycle FS suggested Saizen to support embryo quality so I took this with Gonal F until my trigger date. My trigger was Day 11 (post AMF) which was Ovidrel. My EPU was D13 and we collected 3 eggs all fertilised via ICSI. Both were good so I had D3 transfer and we tried to grow the 2nd embie to blacocyst for freezing. It made it to early blacocyst but not quite good enough to freeze. Post transfer I took 6 clicks of Ovidrel D2post EPU and D6 post EPU. Clexane was started on my day of transfer since my NK cells are slightly high. I started Crinone AM + PM D8 post EPU as I felt I needed extra progesterone support. My FS didn't believe this was necessary but felt it would either do nothing or perhaps help so didn't have an issue with this.

I hope this helps a bit. It's a bit of an essay but I thought I might give you a bit of a look at my two cycles as it does help for you to then know what questions to ask either your FS or any of us - we will help in any way we can to answer questions
    Fleur- thankyou for that it really does help. We found out today that DH has a low sperm count so it's Icsi for us. I am on cd7 but I am up to injection 4 of Gonal f (450) I have the orgalutran also. I go for a scan tomorrow morning to see where I am at.

Me: 41 DH: 44
    DS: 15
    TTC #1 together
    First IVF cycle
    Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    hi all

just a quick update from me. I am still bleeding, if anything it's a bit heavier. I am still getting positive poas's - though i am paranoid they might be slightly lighter. Feeling very tired and finding it hard to focus on much. In fact feeling very muddle headed but not too stressed - what will be will be. Tomorrow is B (beta) day. Hopefully all will become clear.
    You are really between a rock and hard place... at the end of the day the POAS is a great sign... but I understand your bleeding worry.
    It will really come down to serial betas and progesterone Im afraid... if both continue to rise then its a good sign for viablitiy.
    typically you cant see much until your beta reaches 5000. so an early USS will give you no information as you wont be able to see a gestational sac until 5weeks and as you know HB at 6w+ depending on the uss machine and skill of operator.
    Bleeding in IVF pregnancies is common..almost 50% experience bleeding. often it can be implantation bleeding where a small clot forms around the placenta and bleeds... who knows there might be twins in there. If you are worried Id just take the rest of the week off and put your feet up on the couch and rest... remember its you first and work way way way last on the scheme of things... do what ever you have to so that you can feel you have done everything. Big hugs...

it has been a long road on this thread... I joined here in 2009 when we were ivf 40#1.. a long road.. with anxious, minibar and kismet our first preggie ladies on the thread. It was started originally by another member ..I cant remember who.

fortitude..woohoo on your donor being so good..so you may get around 20 eggs...
    I think that you and I will be transferring at the same time.. my 5 day transfer is aiming for may 22..

36hrs until I fly out.... no more to say... work is hideous busy as I try to get loose ends tied up before I go, off to pack tonight so I can clean the house tomorrow...

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (07-05-2013),Fortitude  (07-05-2013),wanabemum  (07-05-2013)