Closed Thread
Page 46 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies....been MIA and it looks like there is a lot to catch up on, but what I can pick up on....

emski - sorry to read of your BFN.

MrsP - good luck for Tuesday.

Micca - I cant believe it is only 3 days before you go.

everyone....so much to catch up on.

AFM
    Things are finally moving ahead for SA. We seemed to be in a bit of a holding pattern for a little while, but our donor finally had her EPU for another couple on 24 April and the clinic would like to give her about 3 weeks off before going through screening tests for us. And we now have provisional dates of 17 July for first lining scan in SA and 24 July for transfer. Dates could change slightly due to synchronising our cycles. So I am just waiting on AF to arrive and start on the OCP. Approx 7 weeks before we go....am I excited? Heck, yea!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Emski really sorry to hear of your BFN although you said you expected it but it is still tough. Great that you have plan B, unfort in this journey we need plan b or even plan c - although we hope it never comes to that!!

Micca - we will be thinking of you and keep us posted! Good luck to a smooth sailing transfer and coming back home pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I havent posted for a while - mainly because I took some time out between cycles. I started this last cycle oh... I dunno feels like a lifetime ago. It has included a long down reg, filgrastim, clexan, dexamethasone, estradot, menopur, omnitrop antibiotics and intrallipid etc!!

Anyway, end result is Im due to have my blood test on Wednesday. I tested about 6dp5dt and had a negative test. Yesterday however I had a positive test. today I had another positive test. However I have had bleeding that started 3 days ago as very slight spotting but which increased yesterday and again today to look like a light period. I also have ongoing pain on my right ovary.

I called my IVF nurse but all he said was to keep taking the medication exactly as prescribed and to test on Wednesday as per plan... so not helpful... arrgh! Can anyone help me understand what is going on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    just to clarify I am poas when I refer to my "tests". The official beta test is Wednesday. Think im going loopy loo!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wanabemum - Hun, how scary for you. I wish I could help but I have never experienced anything like that.

ann17 - Are you still considering donor?

MrsP - good luck tomorrow.

Micca - Im so envious you are leaving this week. Good luck.

Kazpurple - Welcome to our very informative and supportive thread....I hope your IVF journey is short and successful.

Emski - I love your plan...its so settling to have a good plan.

Twocam and Kenta - Good luck in the 2WW...when do you both test?

MGC, Fleur and Spring - How are you....where are you upto?

Fort - Im so excited for you...i didnt realise your donor cycle was so close. Good luck hun.

to anyone that I have missed.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (07-05-2013),MGC Bertie  (07-05-2013),Twocam  (07-05-2013),wanabemum  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabemum - I don't have any advice but the spotting must be very stressful. Can you ring your FS office directly and ask the doctor's advice? Take gentle care of yourself. we'll all get to celebrate your double-lines on Wednesday.

Micca and Sunny - good luck with SA, both going (Micca) and the pre-planning (Sunny).

Kenta - how ru feeling

Hi everyone else - hope your Tuesday is cruisey

AFM Testing is Sunday (Mother's Day ) I'm not hopeful, but this is our one and only shot so....hoping for a miracle

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-05-2013),wanabemum  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

wannabemum I hope the bleeding has settled...sounds confusing and scary...I hear some people get bleeding in early pregnancy. Good luck for test tomorrow, sending you .

micca safe travels and hoping hard for you. Same for you sunny and fort on your donor journey too...your successes will give me hope if we have to go down the donor journey too.

kazpurple hope the jabbing is going well. Good luck with scans.

emski, mgc, ann, fleur hope plans are coming together.

twocam how are you feeling. I think you are testing before me. ...hoping for a sticky.

My test is still a fortnight away as our transfer was a day 3 but I'm surprising well and painfree despite all the difficulties with our egg pickup (apparently unable to get all the eggs as ovary difficult to access probably because of my fibroids, this has happened now in the last few cycles). I also am not taking any estrogen or progynova for support this time and think this might be the reason I feel so good...just doing crinone and pregnyl. Don't know if it helps but have been telling my one messy embryo (takes after me according to DH) and one neat embryo (takes after DH) to grow ...things you do hold to hope.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Interesting! Our old FS had mentioned this but our new one hasn't. Fleur that's awfully expensive, is it not a Medicare-rebated drug?
    Hi Twocam, unfortunately Medicare doesn't rebate on Saizen however some private funds give a partial rebate as part of a total medication rebate figure for the year. But this doesn't go very far. Mine cost $181.50 per dose (1 dose per day up until Trigger). If you have a health fund check in with them before you start Saizen as they may require specific billing. Mine (BUPA) rebate "per invoice" not per dose so if I collect 2 or 3 doses at the same time I get my clinic to provide me 3 separate invoices.....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur L For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
    Fleur - we tried saizen but it didnt seem to work for us so we are not using it again. DHEA I have been told needs 3 months and seems to have some conflicting opinion. I tried it for a month or so and found I got hot flushes on it and seemed to delay AF. We've also tried elonva which was nice as only one injection for ages. Not sure if it's better than gonal f or menopur.

AFM EPU today 4 eggs. So sleepy today and always get a sore throat from the general anaesthetic. Can someone tell me what days they used pregynl post EPU and when they started the crinone.
    Hi Kenta,

So sorry for the delayed reply. I have been away for a few days. So sorry to hear about your sore throat. I got a really sore throat in EPU #1 which turned into a really terrible chest flu and a sinus infection I still have 2.5 months later. Not fun. So I spoke with FS and advised I need to be kept really warm for EPU #2 so I had a warm shirt under my gown when I went in for EPU plus they put warm blankets on me immediately after the procedure while I was recovering. This made a HUGE difference and no sore throat and flu this time

Regarding you question, I was on 6 clicks of Ovidrel (I belive the equivalent of Pregnyl) D2 post EPU and D6 Post EPU. D8 post EPU I started Crinone AM + PM but FS only gave me Crinone after I insisted on getting addition support. She doesn't feel it is necessary......

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur L For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Good luck Kenta!

AFM I got my period today after days of BFN HPTS. So I'm out. Not exactly sure what the next steps are... I have an appt with a new FS on the 28 July... she's supposed to be more progessive. Not sure if I should do a FET with my current FS in the interim or to just wait and transfer my frozen embryo over. I just want to keep moving so may opt for FET with current FS ...
    I am so sorry to hear this emski. Sending you big hugs and wishing you amazing sticky embies for your next cycle. We will be cheering you on.