Closed Thread
Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I am new to all of this. I am 41 and have just started ivf. I am on Gonal-f injections (450) and I hate needles

did the first one tonight and survived. Kudos to all of you that have done this many times you are champions!

I appreciate any info or feedback from you all as I am clueless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kazpurple, hello and welcome! Hope your IVF journey is short and sweet, best wishes for your cycle. Actually I thought the injecting would be the worst bit, but I actually found it easier than some other aspects, like having to get up really early to go for BTs and US before work, and I also found the aftermath of EPU challenging.

Emski, I am really sorry to hear about your BFN Good on you for seeking another opinion, I hope your new FS has some good suggestions.

Mrs P, well done on scoring an appointment next week with WDA, hope he can work some magic for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Kazpurple  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome kazpurple....after a while you get used to the needles although I remember how scary it was the first cycle...sometimes you hit a bad spot and it hurts more than normal and you try to remember where not to go.

MrsP good luck with WDA. He such a wealth of knowledge and lovely man.

We had our day 3 transfer today...one good one and one not so good but we put both back in....all our hopes now pinned on these two as have no others.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

Kazpurple  (07-05-2013),MrsPontipine  (05-05-2013),Twocam  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazpurple View Post
    I am new to all of this. I am 41 and have just started ivf.
    Hi Kazpurple and welcome. I'm also 41 and at the tail end of my first IVF cycle, now in the TWW. Over 40s are a good vintage, if I do say so myself

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Kazpurple  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all,

thanks for the commiserations on my BFN - it was no great surprise to me as I was testing like a mad woman the whole way through the TWW so had pretty much resigned myself to the fact before I went away for my work thing. Still doesn't make it any easier though does it?
    Kenta and Twocam fingers crossed for you - we need some good news on this thread soon!
    Hello Kazpurple welcome to the thread and good luck with your first cycle - what type of cycle are you doing?
    Hello Springy what are you up to now? I have lost track a bit since I went away for a few days.
    MrsP -great to hear you got an earlier appointment - I couldn't get into my new FS until the end of July ... apparently there was recently an article on her in Woman's Day or one of those rags so she's busier than normal... bugger.
    Had a good talk to DH when I got home yesterday and we've decided to do a FET with my current FS next month hopefully and then if no success move to the new FS / Clinic and hope that her progressive ways can get us across the line. We will try for the remainder of the year with my own eggs - if still no success we'll be heading to South Africa in the new year. So we have a timeline and a plan which has really put my mind at ease.
    I hope everyone else is going well
    Micca - I think you said at one point you were getting DHEA from the US - could you possibly PM me a link as to where you got it from and also is 3mcg Melatonin enough if I was to get some?

Em x

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (05-05-2013),MrsPontipine  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    emski you can DHEA from compound pharmacy 25mg 3x/dy was what I was prescribed and the melatonin also from the compound pharmacy was 5mg at night and you can claim this back from health insurance. I like your plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I wish you all the best of luck with your individual journeys

I am not sure what type of cycle I am on, what kinds are there?

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Welcome kazpurple, - long-down and antagonist are the 2 most common, but there are loads of different protocols. Maybe you should ask your FS, or list your drugs here, and the wise ladies here can work it out. And don't worry you will become an expert with needles before you know it.

Emski, - Glad you have a long term plan. And I hope you get your BFP sooner rather than later. Will you be doing a natural FET this month, or will you wait it out for a cycle?

Thanks Springy, - I was pretty shocked when they offered me tuesday. Im looking forward to our family trip.

Kenta and twocam, - I'm sending you lots of for this cycle. Keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP for you both.

AFM, - I had better go pack. Am heading down there tomorrow .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Kazpurple  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    emski... sorry to hear about your bfn... even though you expected it there is still that sad sinking feeling when you know for sure its a negative... onward...
    At least you have a plan... and a plan B... which really makes a huge difference to how you go through your cycles.

kazpurple
    ... welcome... lets hope that you only need 1 or 2 cycles to get your miracle.

Twocam... I hope you are not going too nuts...

MrsP... yay for an earlier appointment with warren... be aware he will give it to you straight... no namby pamby... but he has a great sense of humor.

DJ and Sunny... thinking of you always.

kenta.... lets hope this is the one... will you POAS?

Hi to everyone else...

well its 3 days until I fly out...eeeeeeeeek
    Ive spent the weekend ripping old wardrobes out... one full skip later and an exhausted micca.... but I really wanted to get it done before I left... not planning on doing any heavy lifting if I come back preggers.
    beginning to think about what I will take... still cant believe that next week I will be getting my lining check scan...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Kazpurple  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy yourself Micca, - I am so excited for you. Keep us up to date if you can . And of course, the last thing you want to do is heavy lifting, when, you come back preggers .