Closed Thread
Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur L View Post
    Hi angelmama,

Saizen is a growth hormone and it is said to support the quality of eggs/embryo's in 25% of women who take it. It was recommended to me after I go no embryos to transfer on my first cycle. My 2nd cycle was a greater sucess but my FS is not convinced it was a result of Saizen but rather perhaps due to the fact we used ICSI. Saizen is really expensive (about $1500 extra per cycle) but of course if we were certain it was contributing we would continue to use it. I haven't made a final decision yet on if I will use it for Cycle #3...
    Interesting! Our old FS had mentioned this but our new one hasn't. Fleur that's awfully expensive, is it not a Medicare-rebated drug?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Twocam - how'd the fertilisation rate go?

Mrs Pontipine - I started taking DHEA around the first time I tested my AMH (Sept 2011) up until now, but i dont think it has made a difference to my eggs as my AMH has gone down quite a bit in the time I had been taking it - along with Royal Jelly and Fish caps and Elevit. In fact FS said to me now just stop taking it!

Spring rain - good luck with your up coming cycle!
    Hi Ann,

Can you tell me how long you have taken DHEA for? This is another possiblity we are discussing but not for cycle #3. Did you have any difficult side effects?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
    Twocam that is such wonderful news. Good luck tomorrow.

Hi to all the other wonderful women on this forum I've been able to share with you our journey and your experience. Don't know how we do it but we just keep hoping.

afm we are in for epu this Thursday... 4-5 hopefully as rest of the other follicles too small....wish these smaller follicles had got with the program but it doesn't work that way.
    Good luck for your EPU Kenta!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta, will be thinking of you tomorrow for your EPU, hope you get a great haul of lovely mature eggs.

Emski, hope that you're just getting some implantation symptoms. Congratulations on the frostie! Hope you are enjoying your conference. A medicated FET is so straightforward compared to a stim or a natural FET (I had to go in every 2nd day for BT for my attempts). All I have to do is take a daily dose of oestrogen (in tablet form) starting day 1, then go in for a BT and US on or around day 10, with possibly another a few days later. Then progesterone pessaries start twice a day, and the FS nominates a day for transfer. I feel positively lazy on these cycles compared to the others.

Ann, I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage

Twocam, congratulations on being PUPO!

Micca, I am sorry to hear you have endometritis, hope it clears quickly. So exciting to hear your trip is getting closer and closer!

Fleur, hopefully you won't need Saizen, and this will be the lucky cycle. We have to do ICSI as we have MFI, and DH's count is too low to do it the standard way.

HI to Fortitude, DJ, Sunny and everyone else.

AFM - not much happening right now, going in for BT and US Monday morning.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two cam - congrats on being pupo this little álmost a blastie' will seal the deal for ya! And nope Saizen isnt covered - out of pocket very expensive expense! I think cost varies from place to place - I bought mine from QFG at $145 a pop and it used to be $195!!

Micca - how excited are you with your upcoming trip and the great possibility of coming back home with some éxtra precious cargo on board'? I am stalking and cheering along the sidelines for you!

Emski - how you feeling? Hope somethings snuggling nice and deep in there!

Fleur - I started DHEA around Sept 11 up until now. My AMH then was 5 and now 2.7 so I really dont think it did anything for me. On the other hand makes me wonder had I not taken it at all cld it have been much worse mmm...?? Nope no side effects for me - nothing that I noticed - but I am pretty tolerant of drugs - I tend not to pay attention - unless something is really feeling different in my body. I guess it cant hurt to use it - although long term use is not recommended - I did some research on it before I started. Yes if I were you I'd probably stick to ICSI with the type of fert rate you had at least you will have some reassurance.

Angelmama - while I have not had the response I was hoping for in using Saizen but I have read many posts where IVFers swear by it and feel that it was the saizen that gave them the BFP - so I thought I wld give it a shot too.

hi Bertie, Springrain, Fort, DJ, Sunny and anyone else out there reading.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fleur - i still used FSH (Gonal f 600iu) and added extra Luveris (pure LH) on top (75iu) shots. I feel it was a good combination for me. If I did a cycle by myself, I'd go that way again. I did heaps of research on Luveris as well. Some use Menopur which is a mixture of FSH and LH instead, one advantage of this is cost wise - you dont have to pay extra for Menopur.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So... I have been a little quiet while I organised a few things... like my donor cycle!!!!

My delightful wonderful donor started jabbing today!
    I started Synarel and progynova yesterday.

My new cycle, filled with hope, has started.

Scan in about a week- which I will Skype into as she lives too far away.

Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmama74 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but I like to arm myself with info. What is Saizen?

Further to Fleur

We took Saizen last cycle and the quality was a mixed bag. Probably wouldnt go down that track again. The leaflet that comes with the drug says it's also supposed to help with implantation. Ours were $150 a pop from our clinic and we had about $750 worth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fleur - we tried saizen but it didnt seem to work for us so we are not using it again. DHEA I have been told needs 3 months and seems to have some conflicting opinion. I tried it for a month or so and found I got hot flushes on it and seemed to delay AF. We've also tried elonva which was nice as only one injection for ages. Not sure if it's better than gonal f or menopur.

AFM EPU today 4 eggs. So sleepy today and always get a sore throat from the general anaesthetic. Can someone tell me what days they used pregynl post EPU and when they started the crinone.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (07-05-2013),Twocam  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta fingers crossed all 4 are looking good tomorrow. I'm only on Crinone alone, so sorry I can't answer your question.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (02-05-2013)