Closed Thread
Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    two cam you must be stoked with those no.s , good luck with your tx and hope you have froties too.

emski hope ugly af doesnt rear her head and yep those frosties sure are a silver lining!

springran good luck with your fet cycle, hope you have something good like a bfp to report on ater 2weeks! how does a medicated cycle work just curious as i have a frostie too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pardon my ignorance but I like to arm myself with info. What is Saizen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    twocam.. great fert report...

kenta.. good luck for EPU on thursday... enjoy your injection free weds...

Emski....love hearing about POAS addicts... do what you have to do... lets hope those aches are implantation and not AF... I guess if you are away on a conference with a BFN you can drown yourself on all the cocktail hours and free alchohol

Springrain...lets hope that this cycle goes well

DJ and Sunny.
    .. thinking of you... just super uber busy.

good luck to all our gals on the TWW...

not much to report for me... my endometrial biopsy came back as chronic endometritis infection...AGAIN... so Id have to say it has come from my embryo transfers..must send an email to my FS.
    so Im back on some antibiotics... for the next 10 days... I hope that it does not interfere with the transfer..at least it is 3 weeks away. Ive read lots of papers which all say once treated it makes no difference in rates of success but you can help but wonder... Im glad I went ahead and did the biopsy because otherwise I would never have known and I would have had a much lower chance of success.
    having a frantic time at the moment trying to complete all the heavy lifting jobs before I go..which include some major renovations... all in the next 5 days...eek.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-05-2013),Twocam  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur L View Post
    Thanks for sharing Ann. It's so hard to know what to do isn't it. I have only had two IVF cycles and a number people have told me their first one wasn't very succesful but 1st one was with normal sperm fertilisation attempt (no embryos that made it to tfr) and 2nd I got 2 great embies with ICSI. So the question is was this result ICSI or the very expensive Saizen that supported the better embryos??? My FS isn't certain Saizen contributed so isn't actively recommending (but would support it if I chose to) however I am concerned about not doing it next cycle to find in case it was crucial for good embies. This is my current dilema. Since I have only had one transfer I am going to give IVF/ICSI at least 1 or 2 more goes before I explore other options.

This month I am doing "ovulation tracking" with blood tests and ultrasounds to give me the best possible chance to time conceiving naturally. I think my surge day will be on Friday/Saturday (that is when my next blood test is scheduled). On Tuesday I had 5 follies, two were dominant at 12/13 so still a few days out. My FS has given me scripts for Progesterone Pessaries and Clexane to support post ovulation so fingers crossed. This week is the 3rd anniversary of the natural conception of my beautiful little boy who was born at 20 weeks gestation - he was perfectly healthy but died as a result of a tragic hospital accident during a test which heartbreakingly caused an infection in my placenta and unstoppable bleeding and contractions, causing his birth too early for him to survive. I'm still grieving over my little darling. He was so beautiful. We conceived him naturally on our very first attempt so it is so frustrating more than two years later to be having difficulty falling pregnant (with any method). So I am hoping somehow that this might be our lucky month for falling pregnant naturally. Fingers and toes crossed.

If my miracle doesn't happen this month then I will be starting on Elonva next cycle (and possibly Saizen) + Clexane post transfer.... I just have to find strength to be patient and to believe this can happen for us.

I am so sorry to hear about your BFN and that you also had such horrible strong symptoms. I think that is an amazing option that you have a potential family egg donor. What an amazing gift. If this is what you decide to do we will be cheering for you and wishing you a beautiful little bubby to come very very soon.
    Hi Fleur

Sorry for the late reply. First of all Iam so sorry for your heartbreaking loss of your little angel. That is so tough having to go through that. I really hope you took some action with the hospital. I dont want to say much more to remind you of the awful time. I hope time has been kind to you in terms of healing to some extent.

When I started my journey in 2009 - I got pregnant in my third attempt but had a miscarriage at 9.5 weeks. DH and I felt terrible but eventually moved on, of course at that stage one wld think that you'd be lucky enough to conceive again sooner rather than later. And then there were those friends, families, drs, pharmacists....telling you that it was a common thing and some relating their experience of conceiving within three months of their miscarriage, etc. Little did I know then that by 2013 I wld still be trying. It was a terrible time for us when I miscarried, I was supposed to fly to US with my family for a big holiday: but DH's grandma passed away few days before our trip in a different state and we postponed the trip by a week so that we cld attend the funeral but then the next day I started bleeding and was in the hospital in and out for 4 days and finally miscarried on the day we were suppose to fly the second time (but by then we knew we were no go) and of course DH never made it to his grandmas funeral as he was with me at the hospital during that time. I said to him to go but in the end I am gald he didnt as when the actual miscarriage started I had just come back from the hospital at home and had terrible bleeding, I was on my fours gasping with pain, sweating and panting, DH had to call the ambulance. My two little ones witnessed the whole thing (they had no idea what was going on as I hadnt told them of the pregnancy then and neither wld they understand what a miscarriage was at their age), luckily I had my niece visiting me (and helping out) as it was night and she took care of them (same niece who has offered me her eggs). I sometimes feel angry with the GP I saw then as she didnt ask me to do a scan until i wld be 12 weeks (maybe thats the norm for natural pregnancy), I remember seeing her on a few occasions and telling her that I wasn't feeling any symptoms at all, no nausea, etc, which she said is normal (and I do know that is possible), but maybe if she sent to do a scan, I wld have been able to see if I needed some kind of medicated support. Although I must admit I wasn't so concerned as I was thinking that I was just lucky not to have morning sickness and that it was going to kick in soon.

In terms of ICSI, I too wanted to have ICSI for stim 3 and 4. Although my FS was totally against it (but wld do it if i chose too), simply because we didnt have a sperm issue at all, in fact (touch-wood) DH swimmers are above average. I just thought I had precious eggs and I wanted give them all my best shot. FS got me to speak to scientist as well and the nurse - who didnt recommend it at all - in fact the scientist gave me a blurb (based on recent research) on ICSI for 40yr + was more detrimental (if not needed) rather than useful.....anyway, DH wasnt for it either in the end I didnt and had 5/6 fert rate (4bb blastie tx) and 3/3 fertilisation rate (3dt 2 x 8cell grade 2 +plus my first ever frostie - added Luveris to stim) for those 2 cycles. I am glad I listened save me some $$!!! and had a good fert rate. Although I didnt get the desired effect of a BFP, the embies at the time of tx was good and Iam not sure if ICSI wld have given me the BFP - I think the embie quality wld have been the same. Stim 5 my FS joked and said I wldnt be pushing for ICSI again - I didnt but still wanted to simply due to my theory giving every egg the best shot - had 5/6 fertilisation rate (although 1 egg had been fert by 2 sperms! greedy little buggers so I lost that one) 3dt 1 x 7 cell and 1 x 8 cell and no frosties (and I used Menopur + Saizen in this one - so definitley it didnt do anything for the quality of my embies). So I wldnt say that ICSI necessarily gives better quality embie but yes, IF there's a sperm issue than definitely thats the best way to go, but it wasn't applicable to me. FS and scientist also got me worried when they said that sometimes eggs can éxplode' during ICSI!! If I were to do my own cycle next I wouldnt use Saizen but I wld give luveris ago. I was very lucky to get it for free.

My FS also had talked about using Elnova as well with my last cycle but we ended up doing Menopur.

You said you were going natural this month and had 5 follies - what meds are you? I remember before I started IVF i was to do IUI but was explained that it wldnt go ahead if I had more than 2 or 3 follies and was recommended not to try it out the good old natural style (although I wld have - its not as I wld have fallen pregnant - now wld I?? ), I was with City Fertility back then with different FS.

Isn't it just so sad that you concieve naturally then have a miscarriage and before you know it, days become months, months become years and you are still trying.......but no sad faces we have just gotta keep pushing at it until we get it!

Sorry for the long post guys, hope I havent bored you to sleep!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Micca,
    Sounds like you're all set to go.

Best wishes, will keep stalking to see how you go.

xoxoxo
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone I had my 5-day embie transferred today. It wasn't quite a blast (the doctor called it an "almost-blast"). Sadly none of the other 4 were good enough to freeze. So hopefully we are "one shot wonders".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Hi everyone I had my 5-day embie transferred today. It wasn't quite a blast (the doctor called it an "almost-blast"). Sadly none of the other 4 were good enough to freeze. So hopefully we are "one shot wonders".
    Congratulations on your almost blastie transfer!! Thats really positive Fingers crossed for a sticky one

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur L For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    twocam.. great fert report...

kenta.. good luck for EPU on thursday... enjoy your injection free weds...

Emski....love hearing about POAS addicts... do what you have to do... lets hope those aches are implantation and not AF... I guess if you are away on a conference with a BFN you can drown yourself on all the cocktail hours and free alchohol

Springrain...lets hope that this cycle goes well

DJ and Sunny.
    .. thinking of you... just super uber busy.

good luck to all our gals on the TWW...

not much to report for me... my endometrial biopsy came back as chronic endometritis infection...AGAIN... so Id have to say it has come from my embryo transfers..must send an email to my FS.
    so Im back on some antibiotics... for the next 10 days... I hope that it does not interfere with the transfer..at least it is 3 weeks away. Ive read lots of papers which all say once treated it makes no difference in rates of success but you can help but wonder... Im glad I went ahead and did the biopsy because otherwise I would never have known and I would have had a much lower chance of success.
    having a frantic time at the moment trying to complete all the heavy lifting jobs before I go..which include some major renovations... all in the next 5 days...eek.
    Hi Micca,

I keep hearing of people falling pregnant the month after biopsy so this could be your lucky transfer!!! Wishing you so much luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Hi Fleur

Sorry for the late reply. First of all Iam so sorry for your heartbreaking loss of your little angel. That is so tough having to go through that. I really hope you took some action with the hospital. I dont want to say much more to remind you of the awful time. I hope time has been kind to you in terms of healing to some extent.

When I started my journey in 2009 - I got pregnant in my third attempt but had a miscarriage at 9.5 weeks. DH and I felt terrible but eventually moved on, of course at that stage one wld think that you'd be lucky enough to conceive again sooner rather than later. And then there were those friends, families, drs, pharmacists....telling you that it was a common thing and some relating their experience of conceiving within three months of their miscarriage, etc. Little did I know then that by 2013 I wld still be trying. It was a terrible time for us when I miscarried, I was supposed to fly to US with my family for a big holiday: but DH's grandma passed away few days before our trip in a different state and we postponed the trip by a week so that we cld attend the funeral but then the next day I started bleeding and was in the hospital in and out for 4 days and finally miscarried on the day we were suppose to fly the second time (but by then we knew we were no go) and of course DH never made it to his grandmas funeral as he was with me at the hospital during that time. I said to him to go but in the end I am gald he didnt as when the actual miscarriage started I had just come back from the hospital at home and had terrible bleeding, I was on my fours gasping with pain, sweating and panting, DH had to call the ambulance. My two little ones witnessed the whole thing (they had no idea what was going on as I hadnt told them of the pregnancy then and neither wld they understand what a miscarriage was at their age), luckily I had my niece visiting me (and helping out) as it was night and she took care of them (same niece who has offered me her eggs). I sometimes feel angry with the GP I saw then as she didnt ask me to do a scan until i wld be 12 weeks (maybe thats the norm for natural pregnancy), I remember seeing her on a few occasions and telling her that I wasn't feeling any symptoms at all, no nausea, etc, which she said is normal (and I do know that is possible), but maybe if she sent to do a scan, I wld have been able to see if I needed some kind of medicated support. Although I must admit I wasn't so concerned as I was thinking that I was just lucky not to have morning sickness and that it was going to kick in soon.

In terms of ICSI, I too wanted to have ICSI for stim 3 and 4. Although my FS was totally against it (but wld do it if i chose too), simply because we didnt have a sperm issue at all, in fact (touch-wood) DH swimmers are above average. I just thought I had precious eggs and I wanted give them all my best shot. FS got me to speak to scientist as well and the nurse - who didnt recommend it at all - in fact the scientist gave me a blurb (based on recent research) on ICSI for 40yr + was more detrimental (if not needed) rather than useful.....anyway, DH wasnt for it either in the end I didnt and had 5/6 fert rate (4bb blastie tx) and 3/3 fertilisation rate (3dt 2 x 8cell grade 2 +plus my first ever frostie - added Luveris to stim) for those 2 cycles. I am glad I listened save me some $$!!! and had a good fert rate. Although I didnt get the desired effect of a BFP, the embies at the time of tx was good and Iam not sure if ICSI wld have given me the BFP - I think the embie quality wld have been the same. Stim 5 my FS joked and said I wldnt be pushing for ICSI again - I didnt but still wanted to simply due to my theory giving every egg the best shot - had 5/6 fertilisation rate (although 1 egg had been fert by 2 sperms! greedy little buggers so I lost that one) 3dt 1 x 7 cell and 1 x 8 cell and no frosties (and I used Menopur + Saizen in this one - so definitley it didnt do anything for the quality of my embies). So I wldnt say that ICSI necessarily gives better quality embie but yes, IF there's a sperm issue than definitely thats the best way to go, but it wasn't applicable to me. FS and scientist also got me worried when they said that sometimes eggs can éxplode' during ICSI!! If I were to do my own cycle next I wouldnt use Saizen but I wld give luveris ago. I was very lucky to get it for free.

My FS also had talked about using Elnova as well with my last cycle but we ended up doing Menopur.

You said you were going natural this month and had 5 follies - what meds are you? I remember before I started IVF i was to do IUI but was explained that it wldnt go ahead if I had more than 2 or 3 follies and was recommended not to try it out the good old natural style (although I wld have - its not as I wld have fallen pregnant - now wld I?? ), I was with City Fertility back then with different FS.

Isn't it just so sad that you concieve naturally then have a miscarriage and before you know it, days become months, months become years and you are still trying.......but no sad faces we have just gotta keep pushing at it until we get it!

Sorry for the long post guys, hope I havent bored you to sleep!
    Hi Ann,

Thanks so much for sharing your journey. What a heartbreaking miscarriage that was for you. I am so glad your DH was there for you even though this was a difficult time with the funeral, it would have made such a huge difference to have him by your side.

I understand your frustration about the monitoring. Any support feels so much more reassuring knowing that the drs are looking out for us. I find it so difficult that they don't seem to do much to support early pregancy. I also find it so confusing to have fallen pregant immediately, naturally and then 2 years later, still nothing.....

I found your notes about ICSI really interesting. DH has good sperm but I had a low fertilisation rate first cycle (4 follies, 3 eggs, 1 not fertilised, 1 abnormally fertilised and 1 fertilised but didn't progress past day 2) so they recommended ICSI for the next cycle - they thought it might be an egg issue but they couldn't tell if there was sperm in the non fetilised egg or not - so by doing ICSI they would know exactly what had happened. Such a tough call to know what to do but I think I will do ICSI again.

So yes I am now on my "in between" cycle so we are trying naturally but I am doing ovulation tracking. Its do helpful to know what is going on. I am not on any stimulation but I had 5 follies with 2 dominant follies so you never know, there might be a twin story this month. My "surge" happened on Sunday (D20) which is about a week after I naturally surge when I am not recovering from an IVF cycle from the month prior. So luckily DH and I had a few days away together to relax and focus on babies

Like you said this is such a full on process but we have to stay upbeat and positive. It's got to eventually happen if we keep trying.

Can I clarify how Luveris was used in your cycle? Was this in addition to FSH or is this actually the FSH you used? I would love to hear more about this as this sounds like it was a great recipe for you.

big hugs to you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmama74 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but I like to arm myself with info. What is Saizen?
    Hi angelmama,

Saizen is a growth hormone and it is said to support the quality of eggs/embryo's in 25% of women who take it. It was recommended to me after I go no embryos to transfer on my first cycle. My 2nd cycle was a greater sucess but my FS is not convinced it was a result of Saizen but rather perhaps due to the fact we used ICSI. Saizen is really expensive (about $1500 extra per cycle) but of course if we were certain it was contributing we would continue to use it. I haven't made a final decision yet on if I will use it for Cycle #3...