Closed Thread
Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi MCG Bertie
    It took 9 transfers of 18 embies with my eggs to get to the point of using donor eggs so I gave it a red hot crack. I did most cycles in tassie where it is much cheaper though. My babies are from south African donor too so can attest to their success.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wannabb For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabb.... 9 transfers - that's pretty remarkable. I've only had two transfers so far, so most of my problem seems to even get to that stage. I know there are threads on BH for donor eggs / embryos / South Africa, so I guess I'll be going and joining those soon. Thanks for all your advice. Yes, I think two more goes with mine, then re-evaluate at the end of the year.

AFM.... good old IVFA accounts department!! Rang them today to pay for my cycle - but no, they already took it last week, as apparently they had my credit card details on file from last time!! Not pleased. Then get home, to already find the receipt in the mail, and yes, a number of items are incorrect, so will be ringing them again tomorrow. Joy :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie - I am so sorry to hear of your BFN, it just feels like it doesnt get any easier does it? I was a bit disappointed with my last Menopur + Saizen cycle as I really thought that I was going to have better embie quality. Although my FS isnt a big advocate of Saizen but let me use it as I thought it was going to do miracles for me! Like your DH my DH wldnt want me to Menopur again but hey I am satisfied I did at least try something different huh? My follies didnt grow evenly either - I had 11 eggs collected but only 6 were mature and the others were just all over the place - what a waste of my precious eggs! However, it was the most no. of eggs collected for me but it doesnt really make a difference as almost half was too immature.

Mrs Pontipine - sorry to hear of your BFN as well. I hope you are feeling a bit better and coping with it all as I know its not easy.Keep moving on and dont give up on your dream.

Angelmama - I cannot even begin to imagine your pain and your struggles. Its heartbreaking to even look at your signature. I had my AMH done around Sept 11 and it was 5, I had it retested couple of months ago and it was 2.7!! I was quite shocked and very upset and almost didnt believe it, so unfort it is a downward spiral with age. I mostly yield around 6 matured eggs and my fertilisation rates pretty good however, always end up having a 3dt as I dont have too many embies to play with and FS prefers it better ínside' than outside when you are looking at 2/3 embies around day 3.

Kenta - how are you going?

Micca and wannabb - you ladies (along with some other lovely ladies on bubhub) give me encouragement to consider donor eggs with positivity. What I couldnt imagine considering a few short months back, reading so many positive posts on bubhub (re donor cycle) has really helped me hugely. So thank you ladies!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-04-2013),MrsPontipine  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam - how'd the fertilisation rate go?

Mrs Pontipine - I started taking DHEA around the first time I tested my AMH (Sept 2011) up until now, but i dont think it has made a difference to my eggs as my AMH has gone down quite a bit in the time I had been taking it - along with Royal Jelly and Fish caps and Elevit. In fact FS said to me now just stop taking it!

Spring rain - good luck with your up coming cycle!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (29-04-2013),Twocam  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann17.... thanks for your views on Menopur + Saizen. I will ask the FS again this time about using Saizen, as we really need to do something different than last time! I might push a little, just to see. Interesting that your follicles didn't grow evenly - my FS just said that matter-of-factly, that I would get more eggs and they would grow more evenly. I didn't question it at the time, but gosh, was he wrong?!! And yes, seeing your AMH go down in little over a year, I will ask to have mine re-tested too (not that it will do any good, but more peace of mind).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Bertie I didnt mean your BFN. I am so sorry you didnt make it to transfer that is so hard. Take care of yourself .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam, congratulations on 5 embies! Thinking of you on Weds for your transfer

Mrs P, I am sorry to hear about your BFN. I hope WDA has some new thoughts on the process and can help.

Micca 10 days to go, will be thinking of you

Ann, how are you doing?

wannabb, congratulations on your beautiful twins!

Bertie, am so sorry to hear about the accounts problems, just adds insult to injury

Hi to everyone else. if you are cycling.

Thanks for the good wishes, I'm now 3 days into my next medicated FET attempt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Twocam - how'd the fertilisation rate go?
    5 out of 6 fertilised and yesterday the clinic let me know they are all looking great. So we are confirmed for transfer Wednesday morning and I guess we might end up with some frosties

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam that is such wonderful news. Good luck tomorrow.

Hi to all the other wonderful women on this forum I've been able to share with you our journey and your experience. Don't know how we do it but we just keep hoping.

afm we are in for epu this Thursday... 4-5 hopefully as rest of the other follicles too small....wish these smaller follicles had got with the program but it doesn't work that way.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Girls,

MrsPonti - so sorry to read of your BFN

Kenta good luck for Thurs I hope some of them are just late starters and catch up!
    Twocam that's a brilliant result! Very happy for you! All the best for transfer. Oddly I find transfer the most stressful part as I'm afraid I'm going to pee myself every time!

Micca good luck with your donor cycle and trip overseas - I know that all of us in here will have everything crossed for you on this journey.

Good luck with your FET Springy - what drugs are used on a medicated FET? I've only ever done natural and that was a complete waste of time as my cycles are so screwy. Will push for medicated next time so I'm not wasting the $$$.

AFM - I'm now 6dp2dt and have been POAS for a few days now because I just can't help myself I'm seriously a POAS addict. Nothing to report so far - my normally luteal phase is 10 days so that would make AF due on Thursday and I had my normal pre AF headache today... so it's not looking great, but I'll hang in there. Worst part is I have to leave for a work conference tomorrow until Sat so will be away for the outcome, not with DH and I doubt very highly that I'll be feeling sociable if AF shows her head.

In good news one of my embies made it to freezing so that's my silver lining.

Hello to anyone I've missed in my post and to all our lurkers

Em xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (01-05-2013)