Closed Thread
Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Howdy all.

Well today my DP had her Down Reg BT & scan.
    FS is happy with the scan, everything is looking the way it should and she could see a few little follies in both ovaries.
    Took home Gonal (4 pens) & one lot of Saizen ($150 a pop OMG!)
    Now to wait for AF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some good news today. Both our eggs are fertilised with ICSI. So waiting game begins to hope they keep strong. God hope they are as they have been pumped with 10dys of saizen and they are the only 2 that made it to this stage. The shock of such a low egg pickup has settled a bit but we are hanging all our hope on these 2 embies now.

Good luck today with FET springrain - I'm on 4 suppositries a day.

Ann - your blood test look like when I've done cycles and they've been happy with it. I think the general idea is 1000 estrogen/ egg.

MGC - good luck with your EPU

micca - betadine gargle seems to work for me. Get well soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta.... that's great news that both your eggs fertilised. I always feel that's one of the biggest hurdles to get over.

AFM.... We had mixed results today. My EPU resulted in 6 eggs being picked up, 3 mature ones with the other 3 being way too young to catch up. Since I was hoping for 2-3 mature ones, I'm feeling as happy as can be about this.

As for DH, Dr Golovsky worked hard and found 1 "good" swimmer ) He came out and seemed very disappointed by this, since he was sure of getting much more, since he liked DH's Inhibin B level (27) and had been very confident. Basically he found the same in the micro-dissection as what we've got in all previous ejaculate samples, so he couldn't at all explain why there wasn't more. He cut both testes open, but apart from that one there were just abnormal ones (big heads, no tails) and immotile ones (not moving). They collected everything in any case for the scientists to work their magic on. Also even though taking Arimedex improved various reproductive levels for DH, in the end it didn't produce more sperm or better sperm :-( I guess it was worth a shot.

This afternoon, 6 hours after the operations a scientist finally rang (I was starting to freak out that it was all pear shaped), but she explained that they managed to find a couple more sperm that were "twitching". We've heard this before in previous cycles, meaning that they are sort of alive, but not moving, until poked!! So they chose three (I'm presuming the goodish one and two twitchers) and injected them into my three eggs.

So no extra sperm to freeze - it's this or next cycle will be donor sperm. So now we just wait until tomorrow to find if any of my 3 precious eggs like partying with DH's sperm and fertilise by morning :-)) So far it's probably the best outcome we have with 40 year old eggs and a DH with 1 sperm :-)))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck MGC. It must be hard with both of you postop. I hope you can look after each other. I hope tomorrow brings some great news.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe, yes DH must have given me about 10 "requests" all straight after each other this afternoon, until I reminded him that I'd been in hospital too, and since then the "requests" have calmed down. I can get up and down a bit better than him, but have now set up three portable tables around him now, so he's fairly self-sufficient. I cooked lots of stir-frys last week and froze them in Chinese food containers, in preparation for this week, so it's microwave dinners for the next couple of nights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quickie from me tonight ladies.

Ann17 - welcome.

SpringRain - Good luck for ET tomorrow...will be thinking of you.

Kenta - Congrats...100% fert rate...grow little embies grow.

MGC - Oh goodness what a day you and DH have had...I have EVERYTHING crossed for fertilisation for you. You both must be feeling very sad and sore.

AFM
    Just received the quote from the donor agency....things just keep getting better....I think Im in love with South Africa!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (20-02-2013),MGC Bertie  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still on tenterhooks but so far stiil tracking on. Checked on our 2 little embryos - both good today. Amazing sigh of relief. Having to hold our breath every morning. Anxious times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny15.... that's great that thing are being planned for South Africa. I've read so many ladies on BubHub going there, that it's good to have some long term plans in mind.

Well, we have 1 egg fertilised. It's our lucky one and we're happy that we've got something. As much as I was so hoping for all 3 to be fertilised, I am very thankful it wasn't zero.

Interestingly, the scientist said that they will still watch the other two in case they've missed the action of the pronucleus at the 16-20 hour mark. Has anyone heard of clinics saying that if they weren't watching at the exact time, that there's still a possibility that on day 2 they may find they've divided, and obviously did fertilise, but was missed? Even though this is my third cycle, it seems I am constantly learning new things about IVF.

As there's only one, Prof I wants to transfer it on Day 3, so that will be Saturday. Apparently he prefers only doing Day 5 transfers if there's more than one, so they choose the best. So now I'm going to search for successes of Day 3 transfers, as I'd had my heart set on a Day 5 transfer this time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta - Way to go little embies. I get the most anxious waiting for fert report and then their progression....not comfortable until they are back in the mothership!!!

MGC - Yay....fertilisation! I think its wise to keep an eye on the 2 embies that didnt show immediate pro-nuclei (?spelling)...just in case they are slow pokes....this IVF game is unpredictable!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (21-02-2013),MGC Bertie  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    bertie...woohoo on fertilisation..lets hope this is the one...love the storry of DH and his nuts...lol...
    . The sucess rates are really about the same for day 3 and 5. Day 5 is favoured in Aus due to our strict numbers limitations... ie under 35yrs its usually only 1 transfered...so you want to select out the best embryo to transfer. As you get older you dont have the numbers game to worry about and often do multiple embryo transfers. so Day 3 is used a lot. Ive had both day 3 and day 5 transfers and got pregnant both times... (day3 was chemical..crappy embryo..) If I have low numbers of good embryos I tend to go for day 3 as I am becoming a convert to believing that they are better in you than the petri dish... good luck on the report tomorrow.

Kenta....great news on the embies continuing to grow...lets hope that they turn out to be rockstars on transfer day ... ? saturday

Fingers... woohoo cycle buddy... I had my scan tuesday and started injecting. Yep the saizen is expensive... Ive got a lot of it this time to try and get those eggs good... but lucky in that it cost me only $135 a pop. .. Im also using luveris as well.

Sunny... I am so excited about your south africa trip.

Springrain
    ...I hope your transfer went well today and some nice embies are snuggling in .

I hope everyone else is going well...

injecting in earnest... 5 injections tonight... sigh... what ever it takes.. !!!!
    USS on monday to check... then fly to FS on thursday. if all good epu monday march 4th... so fingers crossed...

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (21-02-2013),MGC Bertie  (21-02-2013),Sunny15  (23-02-2013)