Closed Thread
Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emski - how you going? Are you pupo already?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all,
    yes PUPO now with twins - had transfer at about midday today - came home had some lunch watched a Doris Day movie on the couch and napped all afternoon so I can't say I stressed myself out at all.

I had 2x4 cell embryos put back in - another two left, although one was fragmenting so may not make it to day 5 for freezing. I'm feeling positive about this cycle (although my hypnotherapist helped me with that too - along with weightloss) and I've been a lot calmer so far, but the dreaded crinone starts tonight so that could all go out the window pretty quickly!

Twocam how are you going? And Bertie I hope you're feeling ok. Mrs Ponti and Springy when are you due to test?
    Ann I read your last post and I completely understand your wish to move on to a donor, I will be pushing for that if this cycle isn't it. The other half is not too keen on the idea though so we'll have to see.

Midnite I'm with AP but used to be with DW (who by the sounds of it you're with as they seem to fill in for each other) AP has been great - I left DW as I wasn't happy with my one and only FET. So glad to hear you're UTD!

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Emski & Bertie....glad EPU went well and you are both recovering okay. My pickup will be Friday morning, as of this morning I had 5 decent-sized follies and 2 smaller ones.
    Good luck on Friday!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Emski - hope your ET went well. I am also with CFC and our last cycle we only had 2 that fertilised and ended up going in for day 2 transfer and it worked! I am now over 9 weeks pregnant. Who is your FS? AP did my last transfer cause my regular FS wasnt available that day. I have also read that sometimes it is better in than out.
    Congratulations midnite. That is so great to hear! Also very inspiring. Its so hard to know if we should go with D3 or hang out until D5 and maybe lose the embie....My FS belives that a Embryo tfrd on D3 may very well take but may not have lasted in the dish until D5....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Hi Fleur

Sorry for the late reply. I honestly dont think that the Menopur + Saizen made any difference to my cycle. My results without it - just on straight Gonal and Gonal + Luveris - at the end of the day same amount of mature eggs, fertilisation rate, embies and day 3 tx (except for 1 4bb blastie tx). All my embies are always looking great on 3dt, obviously it really isn't though (none has stuck!). From the 4th cycle I have my one and only ever 3d 8cell grade 3 frostie. So nope I really dont think the two made any difference.

In terms of cycling again - I am now thinking of doing it with a related donor egg. I am just sick and tired of the BFN's and i honestly dont have faith that around no. 6 with my eggs will stick - it will be just another 3dt and 2ww ending with a BFN. Hopefully I will stand a better chance with younger eggs. I had the same problem as you with my period it was terrible and felt like a MC pains and had migraines as well, however, I took the BFn well as I knew 110% during my 2ww it didnt work as I felt very normal.

So where to for you from here?
    Thanks for sharing Ann. It's so hard to know what to do isn't it. I have only had two IVF cycles and a number people have told me their first one wasn't very succesful but 1st one was with normal sperm fertilisation attempt (no embryos that made it to tfr) and 2nd I got 2 great embies with ICSI. So the question is was this result ICSI or the very expensive Saizen that supported the better embryos??? My FS isn't certain Saizen contributed so isn't actively recommending (but would support it if I chose to) however I am concerned about not doing it next cycle to find in case it was crucial for good embies. This is my current dilema. Since I have only had one transfer I am going to give IVF/ICSI at least 1 or 2 more goes before I explore other options.

This month I am doing "ovulation tracking" with blood tests and ultrasounds to give me the best possible chance to time conceiving naturally. I think my surge day will be on Friday/Saturday (that is when my next blood test is scheduled). On Tuesday I had 5 follies, two were dominant at 12/13 so still a few days out. My FS has given me scripts for Progesterone Pessaries and Clexane to support post ovulation so fingers crossed. This week is the 3rd anniversary of the natural conception of my beautiful little boy who was born at 20 weeks gestation - he was perfectly healthy but died as a result of a tragic hospital accident during a test which heartbreakingly caused an infection in my placenta and unstoppable bleeding and contractions, causing his birth too early for him to survive. I'm still grieving over my little darling. He was so beautiful. We conceived him naturally on our very first attempt so it is so frustrating more than two years later to be having difficulty falling pregnant (with any method). So I am hoping somehow that this might be our lucky month for falling pregnant naturally. Fingers and toes crossed.

If my miracle doesn't happen this month then I will be starting on Elonva next cycle (and possibly Saizen) + Clexane post transfer.... I just have to find strength to be patient and to believe this can happen for us.

I am so sorry to hear about your BFN and that you also had such horrible strong symptoms. I think that is an amazing option that you have a potential family egg donor. What an amazing gift. If this is what you decide to do we will be cheering for you and wishing you a beautiful little bubby to come very very soon.
    Last edited by Fleur L; 24-04-2013 at 21:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Hi all,
    yes PUPO now with twins - had transfer at about midday today - came home had some lunch watched a Doris Day movie on the couch and napped all afternoon so I can't say I stressed myself out at all.

I had 2x4 cell embryos put back in - another two left, although one was fragmenting so may not make it to day 5 for freezing. I'm feeling positive about this cycle (although my hypnotherapist helped me with that too - along with weightloss) and I've been a lot calmer so far, but the dreaded crinone starts tonight so that could all go out the window pretty quickly!

Twocam how are you going? And Bertie I hope you're feeling ok. Mrs Ponti and Springy when are you due to test?
    Ann I read your last post and I completely understand your wish to move on to a donor, I will be pushing for that if this cycle isn't it. The other half is not too keen on the idea though so we'll have to see.

Midnite I'm with AP but used to be with DW (who by the sounds of it you're with as they seem to fill in for each other) AP has been great - I left DW as I wasn't happy with my one and only FET. So glad to hear you're UTD!

Em x
    Good luck with the twins Emski. Very exciting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Ann17.... thanks very much for your thoughts. I think DH came to terms a long time ago that his sperm wasn't going to be viable, and it was really mostly me who was always hoping for some miracle. He's so looking forward to being a daddy, and is already concocting ways to influence it (e.g. plans to teach it golf, so DH can live off the baby's fame and forturne!!) Lol.

AFM.... the scientist rang this morning to say only 1 out of our 2 eggs fertilised overnight, so that's a little disappointing, particularly since it was anonymous donor sperm. So now we will hope that this one emby is the magical one. The FS wanted to transfer it tomorrow (day 2), but I said no, I've had a day 2 and day 3 transfer before that didn't work, and this time I want to see how it grows to day 5. The next update now is on Thursday, which I'm sort of fine about, as it means that I can try to do some things in the next two days without thinking about it all the time.
    Good Luck for Saturday. Fingers crossed for the beautiful embie!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski congrats on being PUPO

MGC Bertie hope Thursday's update is positive

AFM I triggered tonight now just counting down to Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fleur... I am so saddened to read about your tragic miscarriage, That is just dreadful, to get that far and then have something major go wrong. Just heartbreaking. Wow, there's lots of strong women on this site!

Twocam.... good luck for your EPU tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you :-))

Emski... PUPO twins!! how exciting!!

AFM.... scientist rang this morning - embryo is still battling, but is only at 4 cells, when on day 3 it should really be 6-8 cells. They're not going to take it out of the incubator to look at it tomorrow, so will next look at it and ring on Saturday morning before we leave for the transfer. I'm not too worried, as I've read things about "slow" embryos catching up or turning into beautiful babies, so I'm just rather pleased that it has continued growing. If I don't get to transfer, then I'm fairly at peace knowing that it would have been unlikely to have kept growing in my body. At the moment, just glad it's got this far :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (25-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    twocam good luck with egg pickup Friday.
    Bertie your embryo.
    emski hope the 2ww goes well.

AFM slept through my alarm this morning and was late giving my injection by an hour...hope it's ok. I'm blaming the hormones for my absentmindedness.