Closed Thread
Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MrsPP, Nah, not going to SA. I'm going with a known donor here in Oz.

Thanks Sunny. xoxo Your plans sound very promising Sunny!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-04-2013),Sunny15  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude, - How great that you have a known donor here. Very special people those ladies.

Sunny, - Who does your bloods etc, over here? FS, GP, or GYN? It's good that they cater for you.

Sagi, - Good luck today. I hope you are feeling well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Sagitwist  (12-04-2013),Sunny15  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsPonti - FS here does not want to be involved!! Have been to my GP and we went through everything, even the paperwork from Cape Town. She is more than willing to help...in fact, sounded quite excited about it. She can prescribe any of the meds that my Cape Town FS wants me on and she will provide me with any referrals for BT/scans etc...however, I may already be over there when BT/scans start, as we are going for a holiday too....treating it as a holiday of a lifetime and come back with a little extra baggage or 2!!! Having said all that...I am wondering who/how I can get a Day 21 endometrial biopsy/scarifying...thinking that I might go to the GYN who performed my colposcopy earlier this year...still working that one out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sagi - How did you go today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sadly Cycle cancelled! From two follicles to one. dont understand. Doc said can't see the other one, but what about my ultra scan had showed two all the ways? They pick up one and said it's no good. Discharged it , Very disappointed!

Anybody can tell me any thing about the procedure of trigger? Is triggered important on the date of collection? If the time is over what they initially given to you. Then What happened?
    I was triggered on Wednesday 8.15pm n ased to come ak on Friday 8.15am n ER on 9.15am. I was still in the waiting room at 9.32am. Then to toilet to the threate I guess about 10am. Is that said something is lost in my egg?

Going to see a doc on Thursday !

What a drama...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sagi, - I am so sorry that this has happened to you. All this build up for nothing. I hope you and DH have lots of wine and chocolate .

There is a chance that you ovulated earlier. It's happened before. Maybe why you only had one egg not worth being ovulated. I don't know but it's just a thought anyway. I hope you and DH did a little BDing prior to EPU.
    Also I would question your prolactin levels too. It's harder for breast feeding mums to get pregnant. Maybe that's due to their prolactin levels. I am just guessing this, but it's worth some questioning.
    Maybe the opinion of a different FS wouldn't go astray.

Sunny, - Your GP sounds great. The paperwork would probably turn the average GP off. It's also great that she's excited about it. Makes you feel more relaxed and allows you to be excited. Where/who is she? Always after a good GP.

Hi All, Hope you have a great weekend.

MrsP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sagitwist... very sorry that you only had one egg on EPU and that it wan't mature. As you actually got as far as EPU, that means you're cycle went ahead - a cancelled cycle is when it is cancelled before EPU, so unfortunately you will still have had to pay the full amount. Is this your first cycle? Unfortunately the first cycle for many women, gives the FS numbers to work out how your body responds, and can adjust protocols and medicines for the next cycle.

You would still have had two follicles (as shown on your scans), but not every follicle produces an egg, that's why your FS only picked up one egg. And unfortunately not every egg will be mature (usually about half to three quarters of eggs will be mature and useable). It's such a terrible situation to have no mature eggs, as you just want to get over the initial hurdles.

The trigger is important, however most have a window of about 2 hours, so they already factor in hospital wait times. There is the slightest chance you ovulated early (as MrsPontpine said, I have also read of one or two women that it is happened to) however I think getting into the theatre half hour after the scheduled time would have already been factored into your timings.

Perhaps you can add a signature with your details (go to user panel, and then it's halfway down the left), so others can keep up with your journey and may be able to give you some pointers. Write down lots of questions before Thursday, so you have a bit of an idea what your options are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sagi - Thats just awful....cancelled cycles hurt just as much, sometimes more, than a BFN!!! I agree with MGC, write as many questions down as you can for your doc appointment on Thursday. I would also take the opportunity to relay all the inconsistancies you had from the nurses leading up to EPU. Dont be afraid to ask questions and challenge. Take some time out to indulge for the next couple of days....then prepare for Thursday's appointment with the view that you need explanations and closure for your last cycle and also a positive way forward and/or plan for your next cycle.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sagi... sorry this cycle didn't work out as you expected I hope your doctor is able to offer some explanations on Thursday.

Springrain...do you have a plan for your FET or just waiting until you feel ready, hun ?

Fleur, MrsPonti, Bertie ... how ru all?

Sunny ... great your GP is so supportive and crud to your FS

Fortitude ... congrats on making the decision to go forward with ED And how great to have a local donor!

Emski, my cycle mate, how are your stims going? I'm on GonalF 375iu and not a twinge so far.... Having bloods on Tues and a scan on Friday, how about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hellooooo Happy Sunday y'all