Closed Thread
Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Green Moon and PeaSoup – Welcome to our thread…we are a very supportive and informative bunch.

GreenMoon –I think lining thickness is a very individual thing….my clinic prefers lining at a minimum of 8mm, however, in my assessment month prior to starting IVF, my natural cycle lining was 8.5mm, so they preferred me to get 8.5mm and above. I have read some women get BFP on 6mm!

PeaSoup – Just be aware that your first cycle will more or less be a test cycle…your FS will not know how you react to any medications until you start, so you may find FS will tweak along the way. Does your clinic put you and DH through an assessment month? If so, the results may highlight some questions for you to ask…feel free to post any questions you may have. Hopefully, you will get a BFP on your first attempt.

Kenta – Good luck tomorrow for EPU….5 or 6 eggs is fabulous. Hope all goes well tomorrow…let us know how you go?

Fort – So sorry hun for that BFN….I agree, more testing, because you really do get great embies….Im envious of your embies. When do you have your appointment with FS?

Anxious – Hope you bounce back quickly….sounds like a break from IVF will do you the world of good. Enjoy your holiday.

MGC – How did your scan go today? When is EPU?

DJ – This South Africa caper is certainly exciting!

Micca –Saizen everyday of stimming….wow, you will have super-duper eggs….muscles on muscles! Did AF comply and show up on time?!

SpringRain –How is your cycle going?

Fingers –Good luck for BT and scan on Wednesday.

Hi anyone I have missed.

AFM
    Our South Africa plan is progressing. Week ago I emailed our doctor the test results that he requires and by now he should have all my IVF history that I put in the mail.

We have found our donor….done all but signed on the dotted line. She can donate in June, but we are hoping shecan go a little earlier. Just working through that with the agency.

VERY VERY excited….Im going to be pregnant this year!!!!!!
    Last edited by Sunny15; 18-02-2013 at 20:07.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (18-02-2013),micca  (19-02-2013),PeaSoup  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a real quick reply, as I'm about to go get DH to do the trigger. Yes, EPU is first thing on Wed. There were 7 follicles on Friday, but today only 6, and one of them was size 29 so I think that will be a bust. I we can get 2 or 3 eggs then I think we'll be lucky. OK must go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had epu today but disappointed as fs couldn't pick up any eggs from the 4 on one side of my ovary despite flushing and trying and we only have 3 eggs from one side of ovary one of those being bad apparently so really only 2 eggs. Disappointed also as we have thrown everything into this cycle with all the drugs equating to 6-7 injections a day and all the drugs too. Not sure it has helped as this is our worst pickup ever. Not sure where we go from here if this cycle ends leads to no embryos. I triggered with pregnyl and pickup was at 36.5-37hrs. I wonder if this was the problem?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta.... I sorry you're disappointed with your EPU, so let's hope those 2 are of good quality. I thought that triggering 36 hours before EPU was sort of normal? Mine will be 36 hours too. I guess low numbers of follicles and low numbers of eggs are the lot of us 40 year olds. But I feel I have to keep trying for a little while yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mgc. Just tough at our age when each follicle and egg counts and its out of your control some of the mysteries.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta... yes, that's why I spoke to my FS yesterday and insisted that if we don't get any sperm from DH, that I still want EPU and will have the eggs frozen (even though I know it's a low success rate - FS quoted half to two thirds rate of fresh eggs), as I just can't bear to see my very few precious eggs be wasted. If I am only looking at 2-4 eggs, it's still better than being wasted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta - I can understand how disappointed you feel, especially as you said everything was thrown at this cycle. Lets hope that these 2 eggs are perfect or damn close to it. Fingers crossed for 2 out of 2 fertilise and grow leaps and bounds....are you having ICSI or are your eggs having a debaucherous party in the dish tonight??!!

MGC - That large follie may surprise you...I had a rather large follie and was warned about it, but all worked out okay. Good luck for tomorrow...will be thinking of you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    berte.. good luck for EPU.. fingers crossed for some good eggies

Kenta ...sorry to hear that your cycle was a bust... yep played that game a lot this year... but saying that I did get a pregnancy out of 3 crappy eggs..so you never ever know how the cookie crumbles..I guess you just have to play the game out. I hope that your embryo growth is great..and you have some magic eggs

Sunny... woohoo on the egg donor becoming a reality ...love you attitude Im behind it 120%

greenmoon and peasoup.....welcome to you both...

quickie only... super tired and lots of jobs to do... had a hard week...tonsiltiis and then a migraine from hell... blame drugs.
    But had baseline scan and bloods today and it is all looking fabulous so I am injecting all the drugs away... lets hope I have the golden egg on my last cycle.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (20-02-2013),Sunny15  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

I am new to this thread and was wondering if I can jump in as well? Not new to IVF though - this wld be my 4th fresh cycle (hopefully the last). I am organised for EPU this Fri. Not sure about it though as I have three good follies around 17, 5x13. 1x12 and 3x10. (Last Fri scan there was only 3.5!, needless to say I was devastated) I feel a bit better today, I did ask the Dr if we cld EPU Mon and grow out the small ones but he said he didnt want to risk losing the good ones, he and the nurse said that the 13s should catch up by EPU. Also I rang up to get my E2 which is 8,476. My LH 1 and Prg 2.3, unfortunately I have no idea if that is good or bad! If someone could shed some light would be greatly appreciated ladies.

Kenta - Iam so sorry, I totally understand what you mean by throwing everything at the cycle hoping it will give a better outcome only to be disappointed, I feel the same way and also do not want to waste an egg at this age esp. for fertilisation - are you having ICSI?

MGC - goodluck for the EPU.

Micca - here's hoping and wishing for that golden egg. I was thinking of doing Saizen this cycle - haven't tried it before, I do hear good things about it but I am doing Luveris this cycle so gave it a miss - but feel guilty about it everyday thinking maybe I shd have added it for that extra kick, although I must say my FS isn't a fan of it (economically esp).

to everyone else at their various stages of the cycle.

Ann

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca, sorry to hear you're still unwell, but glad to hear the follies are growing nicely.

Kenta I'm sorry to hear about your EPU, that these are all you'll need

MCG- hope your EPU goes well

Sunny, so excited to hear things are progressing in SA!

Fort, sorry to hear your news

to greenmoon, peasoup and ann17 welcome! Hi to everyone else, and good luck to everyone else cycling.

AFM - FET tomorrow morning. Had my last BT monday morning, progesterone was a bit low, so am doing 3 pessaries per day now. This will be interesting, as I've been virtually comatose since starting on the weekend

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (20-02-2013),Sunny15  (20-02-2013)