Closed Thread
Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy Sunday ladies... Springrain we are a multicultural family too, it certainly adds a different angle to the DE and adoption considerations (we have two internationally adopted kids).

Thanks
    Reviews
    SPRINGRAIN...Some of the donor agencies abroad have mixed race donors...could be worth looking into. You may find someone pretty close. I know the agency Sunny and I are using in CT called EDSA they have a mixed race section. I haven't had a look into mixed race but if you are keen, drop them an email and they will send you a password to access the donor profiles. They are really helpful and nice. Also...thanks for your kind thoughts. DJ x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (10-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringRain View Post

Micca, I'm happy to hear of a successful pregnancy in our age group irrespective of whether it's from donor eggs or own eggs. I would be more than prepared to try donor eggs myself, but I am from a mixed ethnic background, and I don't know of anyone else from the same background. I don't know where I'd start to even look for a donor who is even remotely similar to my background. FWIW, DH and I even looked into intercountry adoption to try and have another child of a similar ethnic mix, and although we were initially approved by our state DHS, that whole process seems to have just stalled. I guess that is a story in itself.

International adoption is such a hard road.. you are doing well to persevere with it. My donor egg bank has a good range of african american, hispanic, donors.. not many asian donors though... so if that fits your needs there are eggs out there ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (10-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    fortitude... hang in there the last few days are so hard... lets hope you get a miracle I remember with DD I thought that it was a bust and was really surprised. but nice to have a plan B if this does not work. I hope that you are not getting sick of the clexane and prednisone... I find I gain weight on the prednisone.

fingerscrossed...so sorry to hear of your BFN...so hard... hang in there I hope you have managed to comfort eat some of your saddness away. I hope you give it another go.

DJ and Sunny... woohoo ..all systems go.. I am so excited for you... it will be great if we all get knocked up together....

sagitwist... that seems a lot for acupuncture.. mine charges $70 for an hour.. when I had it in sydney and in brisbane it was the same price.

two cam.. how is the injecting going?

not much to report... no time to do much at the moment between organising a trip, working and moving house its pretty fully on... but not long until I leave. Im hoping to get into the donor bank this week to choose my donor.. fingers crossed...I see a lot of late nights coming on as I stay up to phone america..

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (08-04-2013),Sagitwist  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca.... Hiya!! How cool would it be of we all got knocked up abroad!!! We could have liposuction and botox parties instead of pity parties!!! Actually no liposuction..it hurts!!!

Hiya to everyone else.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hi ladies
    I am still waiting for the GM to return a reply to me.

No trigger today, will be on Wednesday! Been to another acupuncturist. Although 110, it is still ex. at least i have rebate from the insurance now! the second treatment will be 80 n will still have refund on it. All good!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day.

Two cam- good luck on stimming

Fingerscrossed- big huggle. Go indulged yourself will be the best solution to ease the sorrow lost.

May all the donors fetch nice eggs for you all too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed big hugs for you and DP, its a tough journey when will it get better? Do you have any plans in place or just taking one day at a time at the moment?

Sagitwist - alot of drama you have been going through you poor thing. And that GH Sci tropin you are using is sooo expensive! Did FS recommend Saizen?

Twocam - whats your protocol? Hope you are going ok with it all!

Springrain, Sunny, Micca and DJShears - Iam so happy to see you girls so excited at your various stages. Getting one step closer each day!

I thought the article on Halle was an April Fools joke!! I had a very sleepless night! Its great for Halle but I couldnt help feeling envious that here Iam (and many of us) trying for years with our respective DH/DP getting preggo and then Halle just waltz in with her DP in 2010 and hey presto pregnant couple of years later at 46! Esp when we are bombarded time and time again that after 40 we dont stand much chance! Of course miracles do happen and she just happens to be one of those lucky ones - as she has said it was conceived the old fashion way - although DH reckons with a non-exhaustive bank acc you could keep going (with ivf) until you get that golden egg! Oh well I guess some guys have all the luck....

My BT is Mon week and unfort Iam thinking there's nothing implanting there at all! Cannot feel a bloody thing except sore breasts thanks to progesterone. On the other hand last BFN cycle last month I felt everything! So not a good sign for me. Back up plan - I have one 3de 8 cell frostie and serious consideration for donor cycle. Do you girls think its weird that my niece would be donating? She actually offered (and has been since telling me not to worry as offers always there) without me asking. My sister (her mum) is cool about it and so is DH - but everything time I think of DH swimmers and my nieces eggs in a dish...mmmmm.....But her eggs at 23yrs does have a far better shelf life than mine!

Or maybe I will get lucky just like Halle for once......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fleur - havent heard from you? How are you? Are you still reading this thread?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Do you mind if I join you? I'm 45, and I'm in the middle of a medicated FET. Most probably our last attempt.

I do my transfer next tuesday if all goes well with the defrost. We only have 1 embie left. It's a good quality day three, 8 celled embie, and I'm hoping this little guy was my golden egg.

Ann, - good luck with your BT on monday. Maybe different is a good thing

Sagitwist, - Hope your trigger goes well tomorrow, I'm guessing EPU will be on friday? Good luck for a healthy haul.

Hi to everyone else, Looking forward to getting to know you all. I'll read back more a little later.

Cheers, MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Mrs Pontipine good luck with your FET this cycle. this is "the one".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (10-04-2013)