Closed Thread
Page 25 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Eater eggs!!
    That's EGGSactly what they are.. "Eater" eggs .

Hon sorry DH's aunty put her foot in it. We haven't told many people we are TTC (so can't blame anyone for comments we don't like), but they still sting You're onto IVF #4? I think that in itself shows you are clearly a very, very strong person .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagitwist View Post
    Is it really good to go accuputure now. Which part of the body they are poking. So afraid of those needles.
    Sagitwist hi I would probably try acupuncture if it were offered. Everyone says the acu needles don't hurt at all. But I know what you mean. Pretty soon I'm going to be full of holes from all those jabs coming up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

Sagitwist, good luck with your second cycle, now you know the drill from the first one. There are only a fortunate few who make it through the first time. Those acc needles dont hurt - and I dont like needles!- there are so thin, you dont feel much at all. The only thing I found is that after they stick it all in and i dont like to move any of my body part - I remember the first time I did acc and used my toes to scratch my other ankle I felt like a little electric shock - I told that to the acupuncturist and she said it was normal, something to do with nerve -so now i lie still!

Hey Peasoup-hang in there, i know its hard and gets harder before it gets better, take your time to mourn and when you have a clear head think of Plan B or Plan C!

Bertie - i know the feeling! Right now I am getting baby ads! In terms of the over fertilization - i found out today that it was actually two sperm fertilizing the one egg - greedy sperms! Damn just to think I cld have had one more normally fertilized egg!

Two cam - yep still cant shake 'that' cynical feeling off!

Micca - gosh three back to back? I just did my second one, your tummy must be a sight! So whats your plan? Are you donor?

Springrain - how you going?

Fleur - iam doing prognova, provera, prednisone, crinone and pregnyl shots over the course of three intervals over the week. The same portion as last time.

AFM - Iam pupo with twins - 3dt - 6cell grade 3 and 8 cell grade 4. So Iam now certain that saizen did nothing for me...i had 2x 8cells grade 4s last tx without it! I have two more on the dish at 4 and 5 cells lets see what happens to them.

I remember I asked my FS to do 3 embie tx (i know- its called desperation) - no way hose wld he do it. I had a different FS doing the tx today as mines on hol and I jokingly asked him - and he said that wld be tempting fate and all 3 cld stick and 1 cld split and end up having quads ( and I said to myself go ahead tempt bloody fate cause we know I'd be lucky if 1 sticks!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I've just realised that I didn't update this thread last week...when we got a shock BFP!!! I never thought there was any chance it could happen naturally for us with our high NK cells and MFI issues but there you go.

So, that's the good news. The bad news is that I had some bleeding yesterday so it could all be over before it really begins. The bleeding has stopped now. I'll be having a BT tomorrow to check my levels. We are obviously heartbroken by this and trying not to be too hopeful as it will hurt so much if the news is bad.

If it's over then I'll try to take comfort in the fact that it wasn't viable, but has at least shown that it is physically possible for me to get pregnant.

Sorry, this is a bit of a 'me' post today. I have been reading along though and I wish everyone the best of luck with your cycles.

I know it can be hard to hear about other people's BFP's so I hope I haven't been insensitive in letting you all know.

xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR Congratulations on your BFP!! If it was just a little bit of bleeding, it could be implantation (I had a little bit of bleeding very early on when I was first pg with DD). Best wishes and sticky vibes to you

Ann, congratulations on your super egg haul! You must be so pleased with such a great number. Congratulations on being PUPO! Hopefully the others will be able to be put in the freezer. On the saizen - does it increase implantation and viability?

Peasoup what a lovely thing for your DH to say. I hope you have had a good Easter break.

Bertie, I am sorry to hear you've had to put up with family who are inadvertently hurtful.

Em, not sure about the down reg, but hope that the bleeding has stopped and you will get some answers tomorrow.

Fleur, Twocam, Micca, Fortitude - how are you all going? Hope you have had a great Easter break.

Hi to Sagitwist and everyone else.

AFM - I extended my "feel sorry for myself" week to include Easter, but now it's time to "man up" and get back to it - exercise, food diary, weight loss, work, the works. I managed to drag my porky self to the gym this morning, better get used to it, there will be a lot more of that to come.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Erin.... congrats on your BFP... that is a huge step forward no matter what happens...lets hope that it was just implantation... what great news... although until you see that heart beat it is a very long and hard 2weeks.

spring rain.... hey pity parties are great !!!! ... its taken me 2 weeks to actually get my diet back on track.. tonight I managed to have fruit salad for dinner..of course that was to counter the easter egg I had as an entree... I too finally got back into exercise... Im planning to start riding to work... if my bike still works..lol.

twocam.
    .. Id definately consider acupunture.. I found it extremely relaxing and often snored during my session..lol.. I always felt great afterwards..lol

Ann...woohoo on being PUPO..lets hope that those are 2 ones that want to stick around... I guess the proof will be in the 2 lines as to whether the saizen made a difference or not.

bertie... well you can pick your friends but not your relatives...sigh...

for those interested there is a great documentary on SBS tonight about epigenetics...which is the study of how a mother influences the genes in a foetus. It explains why embryos from donor eggs often exhibit a lot of maternal characteristics.. worth a look.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin.... congrats on your surprise BFP. Hope it so works for you. It's perfectly good lettin everyone know of BFPs, as it gives me hope when I read of other people's successes and think that it might be my turn soon.

Twcam... yes, I always thought I would just get pregnant, just like that. When we started IVF, I then thought we'd just do it once or twice and have a baby. To think I'm on IVF #4 and that really it has no more chance of success than the previous three is very disheartening, but I feel that I can continue for a little while yet. This IVF journey has taught me so much, about everything. I know so much about IVF now that I could write a book, or perhaps become a FS myself!! Certainly I'm busting to have an IVF baby, and then I plan to tell everyone about what I know IVF, so that hopefully I can break down some barriers that were and are still there for me. It's kind of like it's some new project for me. I also plan to get as many men with normal sperm that I know to go donate, as that would have really have saved me a lot of anxious moments if there wasn't such a shortage. I can't wait to see the faces of friends when they ask "How can I help?" expecting me to want to borrow a cot or something, and instead I want their husbands to go donate! Hehe.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mrs erin what a nice natural surprise and i so hope its bubs getting cosy, i bet you were speechless when you saw the hpt. have you done anymore hpTS?

springrain i honestly dont belive saizen did any wonders for me, you can read my post on the previou page and i gave a blurb on the menopur thread replying to mgc bertii

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry tablet went crazy!

micca your comment put smile on my face as i started imagining the two lines...yes i do reserve the right to change my mind on saizen if this one sticks as nothing has done it so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - Well arent you the surprise package....Congratulations. You must be so thrilled, WOOHOO.

Ann17 - Congrats on being PUPO!

MGC - Lol, I can just imagine the looks on your friends faces re donating....it will be priceless!

Twocam - Im a big advocate for acu....try it, its so relaxing and I firmly believe it has assisted with regulating my cycles, including the hormonal moods - they are not such peaks and troughs anymore.

Micca - Darn, I missed the show...I will have to see if it can be viewed on line.

SpringRain - Good on you for getting to the gym...I was supposed to go this morning but my doona seemed like such a better idea!..will try for tomorrow morning.

Hi everyone.

AFM
    Last Monday night, our South African clinic requested an updated semen analysis from DP and updated blood tests for both DP and I. So it was a bit of a rush on Tuesday, as DP was only in town for 24 hours, but tests are done and result are back and emailed to clinic.

Our donor commences screening towards the end of April, so we are inching forward week by week.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-04-2013)