Closed Thread
Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SpringRain.... getting up at 5am to drive to and from that BT at Westmead was not my idea of fun, but thankfully the traffic was good so there were no slow parts. Absolutely conked out last night though!!

Anyhow, the BT results were fine so I got the go-ahead to start Syranel this morning - yep, you guessed it, first day of the Easter long weekend and I had to get up at 6.30am to sniff it!! Did go straight back to bed though!!

Thankfully, my local nurse is back in a week, so next BT is scheduled back at the local clinic - yah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank-you Sunny.

I know intellectually I'm not a failure but it's hard to not feel it emotionally.
    I think I need to mourn for a little bit.

DH has been wonderful - as he always is. I am so lucky to have such an amazing person in my life. He has already said that a donor will be cool because "the egg is just a seed but you are the garden that will grow it".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PeaSoup For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh peasoup... I want to marry your DH... he is lovely. SO glad you have his support.
    and he is exactly right.... with the study of epigenetics we know that the donor egg will actually take on some of the mothers genetic characteristics in the womb. Ironically all the people I know with donor egg babies all look like them...go figure.

bertie...woohoo on starting a cycle... go the syneral...

Fortitude.... good luck with your transfer tomorrow

fingerscrossed
    ... not long to go now..hoping for the best

not much for me... just planning, booking accomodation, eating chocolate and drinking wine and lamenting at my 6kg weight gain from my 3 back to back cycles... lol.. the diet starts after easter !! I did go for a nice walk today

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (31-03-2013),MGC Bertie  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh PeaSoup - your DH is fabulous! Take it from me, as someone that is going down the donor route, what your DH said....well, lets just say it brought a tear to my eye....he sounds perfect!! The best advice I can give, is once the fog has lifted, weigh up all your options, incl second opinions if needed and when/if you feel comfortable that you have closure with your own eggs, then explore donor. I would be more than happy to give you some info on donor...so whenever you feel ready, just PM me...until then, spoil yourself.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PeaSoup....your DH sounds brilliant . I like that he has his eye on the final goal Good luck with thinking and deciding.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf Aacep

Hi ladies Happy Easter all!

have been reading this forum since the first pages.
    Knowing you all are such a wonderful supportive group for those who over 40s. The psychology emotional of happiness , sadness and disappointment the physical body that is going thro all the medication and gaining weight and the big financial that we input in for every cycle. I felt all of your stories are so emotionally to me, as I am like you all, longing so long for the miracle to happen. Just still waiting and hoping n glad you all are still in the shoes of holding on. As we are all in Australia

I am 45. Location at Perth.
    I am going for my second ivf treatment. It is the AACEP! My first ivf Attempt failed That really devastated me till now. Hope it works this time.!

I have had pregnants before but that time was naive and young and took it away. Now I want it. I have to wait for so long. it is sad! when one financially ready to bring up a baby, it just DIDNT want to come. I have been trying for so many years since i was over 30s but i didnt believe i couldnt conceive. the doc find it hard to understand the explanation of my infertility.

now I am crossing fingers and hope we can all share the story of our journey!

Can anyone help? Is it really good to go accuputure now. Which part of the body they are poking. So afraid of those needles. Been jabbing so much. Looking on those needles making me twinge. I m on days 6 now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

Sorry I will do personals later as I am still feeling sore from EPU, it always takes it toll on me.

Had 11 eggs, 7 mature and 4 fertilised - 2 didnt fertilise and 1 over-fertilised??
    3 seems to be doing ok and 1 still at 2 cell. 3dt Tx tomorrow.

I am sure not sure if saizen has does anything (although i might re-consider if I actually do have a BFP this time). My results seem consistent over the last 4 cycles (although no. 4 i had only 3 mature and 3 fertilise and 2 nice grade 4 embies tx - i did to luveris that cycle, however, no.3 only gonal nothing extra i had 6 mature and 5 fertilised and a 4bb 5dt). So iam beginning to feel no matter what extra concoction we add its more or less the same result but hey if I have a sticky one this time then i'd say the quality was better and something worked this time.

Unfortunately while I do feel happy over the results - but I cant help but have the 'been there done that, never sticks, so why should it this time' feeling, I just cant get that positive feeling.

Regards to all you girls promise will do personals later! Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fleur

3 easter eggs! Lets hope it turns into beautiful and precious little easter bunnies for us! Lets hope that saizen has given better quality to our eggs.

I started taking DHEA from around Sept 2010, there hasnt really been a big break in between, sometimes I slacked of for a month here and there but have been going through bottle after bottle over the years. No side effects - but I am normally am a no side effects kinda girl - even if something happens I dont pay attention - just like all the ivf drugs, although this time I had a lot of hot flushes, I was always feeling hot and sweating around my neck so either the saizen or menopur, I guess.
    Hows your embie report going or have you had the tx already? If i make it through to tx tom we will be tww buddies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peasoup.... what a beautiful thing your DH said. My DH is also so supportive and also says beautiful things too. I guess we're both lucky in that aspect as a few others on Bubhub have DH who are finding the process hard and withdrawn.

Micca.... I've put on 10kg since meeting my DH three and a half years ago - unfortunately I can't blame my weight gain on IVF cycles, just that my DH and I love food just too much!! Especially chocolate!!

Sagitwist.... good luck with this 2nd cycle. I do think the first cycle is the hardest, not knowing the procedures and process etc. However emotionally (and financially) every cycle seems to get harder, not knowing whether it will eventually work or not :-( I can't advise on acupuncture as I hate needles at the best of times, but others on here swear by it.

Ann17... congrats on your 4 fertilised eggs - that's great. Not sure how you can have one over-fertilised - seems odd, but there you go. Good luck on your transfer tomorrow. I so know what you mean - we're onto our 4th cycle, and have tried different things along the way, but no BFP yet. It really does make you wonder whether there's any magic formula, or rather it's just a case of doing it enough times to get one to stick. Normal people, with normal eggs and normal sperm, sometimes take 6-12 months to get pregnant, but of course, for us, that would mean 6-12 IVF cycles spanning many years.

AFM.... DH's auntie mentioned today how her daughter (DH's cousin) has just got pregnant on her first month of trying for her 2nd child, just the same as she did with the 1st child. Not really what I wanted to hear. I totally froze, but thankfully DH saved the day and said some nice congratulatory words about it. I know it's not her fault (nor the cousin's fault) that we can't get pregnant at all (naturally or with IVF), but you would think people would be a bit more sensitive when talking to a 40 year married women with no children. Feeling a bit down - better go and eat a couple more Eater eggs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    I cant help but have the 'been there done that, never sticks, so why should it this time' feeling, I just cant get that positive feeling.
    Ann, I think that's our emotional self-preservation kicking in. I know my first IUI I was very hopeful (and we did in fact have a short-lived BFP from that). But the next cycles I was very cynical. Gotta protect our hearts, I guess