Closed Thread
Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    SpringRains - sorry to read your news. It's heartbreaking. Glad to hear you can go for your FET soon though - I always like to know what the next step is.

I'm struggling a bit today - it's like I've suddenly just realised we've been trying for two years now... not sure why it's hitting me now - I always just put one foot in front of the other I guess. But it is starting to wear me down now. I have been very crabby the last couple of days (not even on meds yet!) have been on the pill and had breakthrough bleeding and leg cramps like the day before AF for about 4 days now so am over it... start synarel tomorrow so poor DH, it's not going to get any better for him! The man is a saint. MIL bought me a heap of Lóccatane soaps and bubble baths for my birthday so I'm getting my bath quota in before it can be 'tepid showers only''. I hope everyone else is going well.

Em x
    HI Emski I totally get that! Hang in there. I have also been trying for a couple of years since my SB at 20 weeks and having similar feelings as you. Some days just feel impossible. I have also been finding this particular cycle really hard but for me it has been the change in medication now I am on a down reg cycle. Here's hoping the change in cycle will be what makes the difference. Maybe it will just take us a few times to get it right. Fingers crossed this is going to be the lucky month!!!! When do you start your meds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringRain View Post
    Ann - it's good to hear you're positive about a backup plan. Hope you, Emski and others cycling are growing nice big healthy follies.

Hi to everyone else, hope you have a good weekend.

Completely agree, it's such a downer it's not happening, hoping the

AFM - I went for my U/S today, bub had stopped growing around the 4-5 week mark. The ultrasound doctor came in and took a look at the images himself and spent time explaining what was there, which was lovely. The clinic want me to have another BT tomorrow, and seem to keep mentioning a D&C but at this stage, I'd prefer to just leave things to nature and see what happens.
    So sorry to hear your news Springrain. Big hugs from me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur L For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey fleur, my cycle buddy good luck for tom! My follies are: L - 21, 21 and R- 18, 18, 11, 13 - what about yours? This is stim no. 5 for me and have always done gonal 600, but this time did menopur 600 and added saizen - I feel I did grow a bit bigger this time (because last cycle I was around 17s and 16 lead follies at this stage). Iam using saizen for the first time too - costs a bloody arm and a leg!! I used it from cd2. Last cycle (which was a bfn last mon) I also tried luveris, I did have two nice grade 4 embies tx but no luck - I have one grade 3 on ice (they were/are all 3dt) for the first time ever. My amh was 5 about 1.5 yrs ago and have been doing DHEA since but checked my amh last month its down to 2.7! So not sure if DHEA did anything for me?

Well ladies here' s to us popping out some nice easter eggies that will turn out to some beautiful easter bunnies!! God knows I have had enough at no. 5!

Springrain - how you going love?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em I am sorry to hear you are feeling low, especially given that it's your birthday. Happy Birthday! What a lovely MIL you have to give you a treat like that. I think all we can do is to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep going with whatever the clinic advises, and remind ourselves that we are doing everything we can. Hope the spraying is going well and you have a great Easter break, eating chocolate and hot cross buns and growing some lovely big follies.

MCGBertie, hope that your clinic has come up with a better solution for your BT's, driving a long way that early in the morning is such a pain. for good results and some lovely big follies.

PeasoupI am so sorry to hear your news. If you decide the donor route is right for you, best wishes.

Fortitude and Fingerscrossed sending some sticky vibes

Ann and Fleur, good luck for your EPU's, hope you get lots of lovely mature eggs, and good strong embies

DJ and Sunny Glad to hear the SA journeys are all set up! Have a great easter, enjoy all that chocolate while you can....

Hi to everyone else

AFM - had my "feel sorry for myself" week, and a bit of online retail therapy. I have to sit out this month so will try and lose a bit of weight (stay away from those easter eggs and hot cross buns) while I wait for next cycle, another medicated FET.

Have a great Easter break.
    Last edited by SpringRain; 28-03-2013 at 13:59.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (28-03-2013),Fleur L  (28-03-2013),PeaSoup  (28-03-2013),Sunny15  (28-03-2013),Twocam  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Hey fleur, my cycle buddy good luck for tom! My follies are: L - 21, 21 and R- 18, 18, 11, 13 - what about yours? This is stim no. 5 for me and have always done gonal 600, but this time did menopur 600 and added saizen - I feel I did grow a bit bigger this time (because last cycle I was around 17s and 16 lead follies at this stage). Iam using saizen for the first time too - costs a bloody arm and a leg!! I used it from cd2. Last cycle (which was a bfn last mon) I also tried luveris, I did have two nice grade 4 embies tx but no luck - I have one grade 3 on ice (they were/are all 3dt) for the first time ever. My amh was 5 about 1.5 yrs ago and have been doing DHEA since but checked my amh last month its down to 2.7! So not sure if DHEA did anything for me?

Well ladies here' s to us popping out some nice easter eggies that will turn out to some beautiful easter bunnies!! God knows I have had enough at no. 5!

Springrain - how you going love?
    Well EPU went well today and I got 3 mature "easter eggs" so ICSI has been done today and will hear the embie progress report in the morning. Fingers crossed. TFR will be Sat, Sun or Tues depending on # of embies. MY AMH was 6.2 about a year ago but I haven't been re-tested since then. It looks like I am going to be getting 3-4 eggs each stim so I am trying to focus on quality with the Saizen (but yes it is so expensive) so I do hope it works. I am on 300mg of Gonal F and have been on Saizen 3mg daily together with the Gonal F. This cycle is down reg and so I was on Lucrin 7 days prior to AMF. I have found this much more of a marathon than the antagonist cycle and much harder on my "hormones". MY Day 10 follies were R: 14,15,16,18 and L: smaller so I didn't record it and I have done a D13 EPU today. I didn't really notice a major difference with the follie size though L and R were more balanced last cyle and I had 5 dominant folllies where as this time (2nd stim) I had 4 dominant follies. So I am really hoping the Saizen has contributed to great quality follies for me to have some nice embies to tfr. MY D10 scan showed 10mm good quality lining so FS was really pleased with this.

DHEA is tabled for discussion and may well be our next strategy if it gets to that. Have you had any side effects? How much are you taking and how long have you been on it? Have you taken breaks in between. Can you let me know what post transfer support you have been using?

Thanks Ann!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur L For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ladies.

A quickie from me tonight....I just wanted to wish everyone luck no matter where you are upto on your IVF journey.

PeaSoup - Hun, you have NOT failed anyone....you are a wonderfully strong courageous woman...you must be, you hopped on the IVF train which is not easy. Eat more packets of chips and add in copious amounts of chocolate and hot cross buns this weekend....and get angry at the world!! The disappointment and frustration fog will lift...but until then be selfish and look after youself. Remember, you have not failed anyone....it is not over until you say its over.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

PeaSoup  (30-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fleur, congrats on getting 3 easter eggs
    What did you find worse, the effect of the Lucrin (doctor warned DH that it sends you into menopause & I'm likely to be 'very hormonal' ) or the effects of the Gonal? I'm finding the Pill has made me very hormonal, my skin is awfully like a 17yo and I even have acne on my back. How is that even fair Hope there's a sexy-ICSI-party in those petri dishes tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Hi Fleur, congrats on getting 3 easter eggs
    What did you find worse, the effect of the Lucrin (doctor warned DH that it sends you into menopause & I'm likely to be 'very hormonal' ) or the effects of the Gonal? I'm finding the Pill has made me very hormonal, my skin is awfully like a 17yo and I even have acne on my back. How is that even fair Hope there's a sexy-ICSI-party in those petri dishes tonight!
    Oh I have just had a good old laugh at the visual of the ICSI party going on tonight Thanks. I needed that!!

It was the Lucrin that really affected me (I felt withdrawn, frustrated, short fused - very unusual for me. I didn't "feel like me" if that makes sense), It really started to lift once I added the Gonal F. I just read something on a site confirming this is quite common. I didn't have this feeling at all on my antagonist cycle.....but anyway, happy to try a new protocal to get a result. It does help to share, though, so we can all realise its just the medication and it is temporary. Phew!!

Bring on tomorrow. I am going to tell the embryologist about the ICSI party in the morning. I am sure she will appreciate the humour . She was SOOO stoked to tell me know my third egg was mature ( 2 were definitely mature but the 3rd wasn't certain earlier in the day) so she is really excited and upbeat about this cycle. YAY. Fingers and toes crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    FORT....All the best for Sunday. Thinking of you xx

DJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all,

sorry I haven't been in here for a while. Thank you for all your kind thoughts for my pity party of last week. Especially you Fleur - you have taken the time to address everyone and their issues separately which is really sweet. . Good luck to you for your fertilisation rates over the next couple of days I'll be checking in to see how you're going.

Peasoup - I'm sorry to read your update and am thinking of you.

Micca - how are you going?

Fortitude and Fingerscrossed how are you going?

Springrain thanks for the birthday wishes - I kept it pretty low key this year 41 didn't seem like much to celebrate! lol.

I too am on a weightloss track although it's going backwards since I started synarel - does it make you gain weight? I was originally down almost 6kgs in 3.5 weeks, but now I've had a bit of a gain since starting Synarel 4 days ago. It's the equivalent of lucrin I think so I'm in the same headspace you were Fleur...

I do have a queston though regarding the birth control pill - I've been on levlen for a few weeks now on this down reg cycle, we had to extend the cycle due to my FS being away so I've been taking the pill for an extra couple of weeks at the start of the cycle but have been bleeding for a week now (enough to have to wear a pad all the time) - not due to stop the pill until next Tuesday and I have to assume I'll keep bleeding until then and then have my ''period'. Does this seem strange to anyone else. I probably should have called to ask the nurses but now they are closed for the Easter break! It's a long time to be bleeding. Add to that, the Synarel and my weight gain and I'm feeling pretty ordinary the last few days and more than a little over it.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter and that we get some good news on our little thread soon!

Em x