Closed Thread
Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kenta.... on one of my previous cycles I was late with one of my jabs, as I forgot about it, so this time, I've programmed all the sniffing and jabs into my phone so it rings at the right time. The other day I was on my way to an evening meeting and just picked up a friend when it rang to remind me about the Syranel sniffing, so I had to make up a story to him, turn around and drive the 5 minutes back home (with him in the car!) and run inside to take it. But better than realising during the meeting!!

AFM.... I went for a BT and scan today, and there's not much there = follicles 16, 14, 13, three at 8 and one at 5.5. That's all the nurse could find. She said they wait for them to get bigger. I go for another BT and scan on Monday (original planned day for EPU), so hoping they grow a bit more in the next two days, so EPU can be Wed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #6

Fort - total bummer, I agree with Micca , get some tests and answers before you use your last two.

Micca - x

AFM - I had a multitude of tests done re this bloody nausea, all come back aok, but in the meantime I'm taking stuff for reflux, which I don't believe the nausea is from that. Go back to Dr on 8 March for more tests, doing acupuncture and herbs. Off to QLD on 22 Feb to see husbands family then a resort for some R&R. I will cancel my FS appoint from the 20 feb to 20 mar to give myself time to get well and find my zing. DH still wants a baby for DD, but I can't think about the next step until I'm fighting fit. Mwa to you all
    Last edited by Anxious; 15-02-2013 at 23:59.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anxious For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #6

MGC- follies look good to me! Fingers x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anxious For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks micca - only have 5, maybe 6 for EPU this Tuesday. No problems with endometrial lining. Eggs all about 16mm. I started luveris on day 6 of injections. Given I don't seem to be able to make that many eggs each cycle and we only make 6-7 eggs regardless of how much gonal f is given, I am hoping for quality this time. DH has been sick so bit worried about his sperm which are already bad and had him go see accupuncturist and he's come home with some herbs to help that he has to boil for 3hrs....don't know what's in them but accupuncturist said it should be safe for his sperm. Still feeling apprehensive as have given myself so many injections it's not funny anymore and think all this hormone is affecting my memory.

Best of luck everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. xoxoxoxo

I am going to def ask about all sorts of things.
    From what I have been told having the biopsy can increase pregnancy chances even if nothing is found to be wrong.
    I'm also going to ask about pregnyl shots, intralipids, nitrodur, estrogen levels, asprin and feldene.... as well as insist on TESTS for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she can think of.

I am not willing to risk those last embryos without answers. Because this is IT. If they find NO problems with my oven the I will know for sure it is the embryos. If they find oven problems then I know my eggs could still work with these embryos.

xoxo
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Thanks girls. xoxoxoxo

I am going to def ask about all sorts of things.
    From what I have been told having the biopsy can increase pregnancy chances even if nothing is found to be wrong.
    I'm also going to ask about pregnyl shots, intralipids, nitrodur, estrogen levels, asprin and feldene.... as well as insist on TESTS for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she can think of.

I am not willing to risk those last embryos without answers. Because this is IT. If they find NO problems with my oven the I will know for sure it is the embryos. If they find oven problems then I know my eggs could still work with these embryos.

xoxo
    Fortitude
    great news fortitude.
    Studies are emerging as we learn more and more about pre-eclampsia that it often has a immune-vascular problem... the fact that you got it so bad with your prior pregnancies means that you may have an issue with mirco embolisms in the endometrial tissue or an immune problems... and hopefully just increasing your prednisone and clexane does the trick. Intralipids seem to help as well for people with immune mediated implantation issues.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (17-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca- thanks SO MUCH for your thoughts and input. I have copied down all of your suggestions for my FS appointment.

It is so very frustrating to have great levels, a perfect lush lining, grade AA blasties and a BFN or chem preg x7. It just seems illogical!

I am determined to find out what is happening and will not do a FET until I have some answers and a new 'kitchen sink' protocol.
    I really feel there must be more to this that bad luck because (other than that one dud cycle) I have had great blasties.

I just read a bit about the MTHFR testing- sounds like a much higher dose of folate, vitamin B (on both- might bump them up more?!) and more clexane could help if it is that.

Really appreciate your wisdom and support.

xoxo
    Fortitude
    Last edited by Fortitude; 17-02-2013 at 12:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fort I hope they find some answers and solve the mystery for you.

EPU tomorrow for me. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I'm de-lurking...

First of all, I want to say thank-you to everyone on the 40+ threads for posting about their experiences, the good and the not-so-good. Seeing such wonderful support makes me feel braver going down the IVF path. Apart from DH, I won't have family support and only a little support from friends so I'm a little worried about how I'll cope.

I am just about to start IVF, my first appointment at the clinic is this week.
    I was wondering if anyone here could suggest questions to ask? Questions that you wished you had asked when you started. Or is there information you wished you knew sooner?
    I have read through the tips/hints thread, but I thought that there may be something more specific for those of us over 40.

Thanks heaps to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Do you mind if I join you here? I'm not quite 40 yet but I will be shortly!
    We are planning a stim cycle in April but I'm really apprehensive given that our chances will be much lower than last time.

Does anyone know what a good lining measurement is? I've got a feeling mine might be a bit thin - maybe this woud explain why a perfectly good Frostie failed to implant? Mine was 8mm and the Genea nurse said they like it to be over 7mm.

Wishing everyone success in your journeys.