Closed Thread
Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    DJShears... how exciting that your trip to South Africa is all planned. It must be exciting to make such plans.

MrsErin.... good luck at the FS on Monday. Have you got a bit of an idea of what you want next time, or at least some questions written down to guide the discussion, as I've found that vital each time I've met with a FS.
    Thanks MGC Bertie, I have got a good long list of questions prepared. Can't wait for the appointment so I know what's next. Great news about your appointment. It sounds like you got lots of positive ideas and actions from it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

Have been MIA, my result on Mon was BFN! But I took it pretty well, I think that's what IVF no.4 does to you. Anyway, AF is here and I am now cd3 and already jabbing. Doing Menpour 600, Cetroide and Saizen all for the first time. Iam paying $140 at QFG for saizen does anyone know if its available cheaper anywhere else?

Hey DJ - well relax and stay healthy, you must be so excited and happy. I am kinda considering donor myself now.

Bertie - in terms of assisted hatching, one of my cycles I did do assisted hatching (obviously it didnt make a diff), however, since then with every other cycle I have spoken with the scientist that if they feel that the zona doesnt look great to pls advise me as I wld then give consent to do assisted hatching and they also put a note on their system (under my name ), so when they ring to give my fertilisation rate I always inquire about the eggs zona, if it looks unusually thick etc, I have bit of conversation in regards to it....so far they have always advised me that it looks normal but if they feel otherwise I wld then do assisted hatching. I have also done embryo glue I think for couple of cycles as well, I might just to it again this time around. Also for my last cycle I did double trigger as well, I wasnt aware of that until then but My FS was saying....sometimes its hard to get the eggs out of the follicles (gets stubborn) and the double shot releases it from the follices....something to that effect.

Fingerscrossed - congrats on PUPO! Your lucky that you can get 3 on board my FS always smiles and says NO! Are you with QFG? Have you done a three tx before? Did you manage to get a frostie?

Micca - hows your tww, it is such an exciting time and stressful! Hoping you holding well. How much did the saizen cost you? Did you feel that you had better embies this time. I havent used it before but thought I wld give it a go, I had made up my mind last cycle that I wld if the last cycle was BFN.

Kenta - how are you?

Springrain - how are you and bubs doing?

Ann

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann... bummer about the BFN... but great that you are on the next cycle..woohoo.... lets hope that this is the golden egg one. I used menopur all I can say is that I stimmed really fast... 9days instead of 11 and because of that I overcooked by 3 days since QFG dont pick up in the weekend... so make sure you have a scan at day 9 at the least. I used saizen for 12days this time and I think it made a difference... I paid $135 a vial... interesting that QFG are back to $140 because they put their price up for the saizen last year to $195 a vial.

fleur....I too have looked at the assisted hatching ...and discussed with the scientists... I had it done on my frosties.. they are more likely to do it on frozens but the scientists told me that they dont like to do it too much to old eggs that dont need it as they feel it can damage the egg and affect growth... so I have let them do what they know best my last few cycles...so far the data does not say it works or it doesnt...some scientists think that icsi is also a sort of assisted hatching...

bertie...how are you going?

Fort..woohoo on cycling.... lets hope your superblasts do the trick... did you get an endometrial biopsy in the end?

MrsErin.
    .. yay for the appointment... one thing to ask about using if you are prone to low LH levels during cycling is Luveris... I used it everyday this cycle and I do think it made a big difference.

Fingerscrossed ...woohoo on PUPO... lets hope that your turn is now...

well Im 12dpo... in the last stretch.. going sort of batty... just impatient more than anything to get answers so I can stop the progesterone pessaries if the test is negative... might POAS 13dpo... if neg do blood test 14dpo (tues) ... if pos then not sure when I will test... maybe the weds...
    enjoyed my week off at home... super busy... never seem to have much time at all... and Im not looking forward to going back to work... rock on easter..lol
    Last edited by micca; 17-03-2013 at 09:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear about your BFN Ann17 . I'm glad that you're taking it well..or at least as well as can be expected.

Micca, I don't think I have an LH problem. Can you tell me what symptoms I would have if there was an LH problem? Would that be a short Luteal Phase?

My cycles are very standard...and AF usually comes 14 days after ovulation.

We do know we have MFI ( only 2% normal morphology) and high NK cells. ICSI has solved the MFI. I'm predicting (hoping!) that medication will solve the NK cells but may need some tweaking to do that. I'm also wondering about the quality of our embryos and if we should do some testing of those.

I have a big list of questions for FS tomorrow! I can't wait. I hope we don't have to wait ages to cycle again.

Hi to everyone. Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post

Micca, I don't think I have an LH problem. Can you tell me what symptoms I would have if there was an LH problem? Would that be a short Luteal Phase?
    LH is the hormone which works in conjunction with FSH to produce good eggs it is an androgen analogue... When you are stimulated and on FSH the LH levels often drop... luveris is recombinant LH and is often used when your LH levels are <1 while stimming. There are no symptoms of low LH..it is a hormone mediated by the cycle when it is low ie<1 it is correlated with poor quality eggs... the only time LH is high is when you have PCOS.. and ironically too much LH gives you poor egg quality.
    I hope this helps... but I am sure my egg quality is better when I take luveris.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann... Sorry to hear about the BFN. I understand what you say about coping better this time as it is cycle 4. I think I went like that. We have done 5 cycles and best we have had is a blighted ovum and a 12w m/c and it is so emotionally draining. I got to a point where I couldn't face doing another cycle but yet, I felt our IVF journey wasn't over. Also, my FS was crap in hindsight. It was same old same old with no tweaking. A couple of special ladies on here propped me up with some great support and ideas and so that is how the Sth Africa trip has come around and now I am amazed at how many are going there. On the forum list there are 4 going next month that I know of. So, I say bring on those young donors and give me the golden egg!! It's a bit of a numbers game.
    Ann, it will happen and hey, you are already planning another cycle so good on you.
    The more you do ivf, the better the chance that you cop a bit of everything that can happen and hey, that means the good too so babydust all round girls!!!

DJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Micca just a couple of questions, did you do menpour + saizen + luveris this cycle? I did luveris last cycle with gonal f. I asked FS if I shd do luveris again this cycle but he said that not necessary as I was doing menpour which FSH/LH anyway. Although I dont think i have probs with LH issue as everytime i had my bt he never seemed worried. Yes it used to be $195 but its $140 currently, what pharmacy did you buy it from?

The scientist also told me that recent studies shows that assisted hatching isnt really recommended for older woman (older eggs) as its more damaging to the egg unless the zona is unusually thick they wld then recommend assisted hatching.

Is it me or does this menpour have a bit of a smell?!!

Are you taking pregnyl?

Erin I dont know if there are any symptons of low LH but I think your bt that your FS does while you are cycling shd be an indication.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    LH is the hormone which works in conjunction with FSH to produce good eggs it is an androgen analogue... When you are stimulated and on FSH the LH levels often drop... luveris is recombinant LH and is often used when your LH levels are <1 while stimming. There are no symptoms of low LH..it is a hormone mediated by the cycle when it is low ie<1 it is correlated with poor quality eggs... the only time LH is high is when you have PCOS.. and ironically too much LH gives you poor egg quality.
    I hope this helps... but I am sure my egg quality is better when I take luveris.
    Thanks Micca. I'll see what my FS says. I found some BT results that had LH on them and it was normal level but that was CD20, so not the time when it peaks.

I don't have PCOS but I do have a strangely high AMH. I wonder if that says anything about what my LH levels would be like.

I expect to be having a conversation about egg/embryo quality tomorrow for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all the good wishes peeps

Ann: yes my DP has had 3 on board prior stim cycle to this one. DP ticks majority of the boxes for the criteria for 3 (age, fertility issues etc)

We are at Fertility First @ Hurstville (sydney) with Dr Ann Clark (wonderful lady) who are you with?

No frozens this one, but we do have a frostie from last stim, but DP has had mainly better luck with the fresh transfers

Quote Originally Posted by ann17 View Post
    Hello ladies

Have been MIA, my result on Mon was BFN! But I took it pretty well, I think that's what IVF no.4 does to you. Anyway, AF is here and I am now cd3 and already jabbing. Doing Menpour 600, Cetroide and Saizen all for the first time. Iam paying $140 at QFG for saizen does anyone know if its available cheaper anywhere else?

Hey DJ - well relax and stay healthy, you must be so excited and happy. I am kinda considering donor myself now.

Bertie - in terms of assisted hatching, one of my cycles I did do assisted hatching (obviously it didnt make a diff), however, since then with every other cycle I have spoken with the scientist that if they feel that the zona doesnt look great to pls advise me as I wld then give consent to do assisted hatching and they also put a note on their system (under my name ), so when they ring to give my fertilisation rate I always inquire about the eggs zona, if it looks unusually thick etc, I have bit of conversation in regards to it....so far they have always advised me that it looks normal but if they feel otherwise I wld then do assisted hatching. I have also done embryo glue I think for couple of cycles as well, I might just to it again this time around. Also for my last cycle I did double trigger as well, I wasnt aware of that until then but My FS was saying....sometimes its hard to get the eggs out of the follicles (gets stubborn) and the double shot releases it from the follices....something to that effect.

Fingerscrossed - congrats on PUPO! Your lucky that you can get 3 on board my FS always smiles and says NO! Are you with QFG? Have you done a three tx before? Did you manage to get a frostie?

Micca - hows your tww, it is such an exciting time and stressful! Hoping you holding well. How much did the saizen cost you? Did you feel that you had better embies this time. I havent used it before but thought I wld give it a go, I had made up my mind last cycle that I wld if the last cycle was BFN.

Kenta - how are you?

Springrain - how are you and bubs doing?

Ann

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your bfn Ann and best wishes for your next cycle

Congrats Fingerscrossed! Thinking sticky thoughts for you

After two weeks of stimming, I have nothing. The 6 follicles that were there a week ago have reduced to 4 and are still 'recruiters', oestragen still low and lining not thickened. My results are as if I haven't been taking any drugs at all. Feeling quite annoyed at myself. I didn't expect success but I expected to produce at least one egg.