Closed Thread
Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

We are official....our donor contract has been sent and confirmed in Sth Africa. All our other tests are completed. The donor agency has informed the fertility clinic of our donor choice and now from my end, it is be healthy, take folic acid, sort out my recurrent UTIs and save!!!!

Micca...How's things? Keeping you in my thoughts.

Everyone else...Will write more later as I am heading for a nice bath. DP and I are probably going to the horse sales today (so much for saving??)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (14-03-2013),MGC Bertie  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello everyone,

Well DP had the egg collection yesterday, 6 eggs were retrieved, 4 fertilised and transfer will be saturday morning. Acupunture pre and post treatment has been booked so bring on saturday!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJShears... how exciting that your trip to South Africa is all planned. It must be exciting to make such plans.

MrsErin.... good luck at the FS on Monday. Have you got a bit of an idea of what you want next time, or at least some questions written down to guide the discussion, as I've found that vital each time I've met with a FS.

AFM.... went and saw our FS yesterday to discuss last failed cycle and plan the next cycle. Major discussion points of interest were:
    - he mentioned that last time my LH levels weren't increasing as much as he expected, so will adjust meds next time
    - he will use progesterone injections instead of pessaries, as he said they are much more effective (not sure why he doesn't use them all the time then!). He said progesterone injections will keep AF away for a long while, so the only side-effect of this, is that AF wil definitely not come before the preg BT, so you can't use AF as an indicator if the cycle worked or not (but that's peace of mind, knowing that it's not AF that stuffed up the cycle)
    - he will do one and a half times the normal trigger injection, as he thought out of 6 follicles that we should have got more than 3 eggs. I said I was happy with 3 eggs out of 6 follicles, but he said that increasing the trigger shot should make a difference.
    - he really doesn't think waiting the full 72 days for sperm to mature is going to make any difference to DH's 1 or 2 sperm, so we're going to go ahead now (which will mean only 58 days from mTESE when all good sperm was scooped up)
    - he's going to use both assisted hatching and embryo glue during transfer, as well as doing guided ultrasound transfer (which I've not had on my previous two transfers), so it seems there's a few new things for this cycle compared to the past three.
    - interestingly (and peonies, I think you'll like this one!) we've convinced him to do something that he said he's never done before - as DH only gets 1-2 sperm, we've insisted that we want to use both DH's 1-2 sperm, plus use donor back-up, e.g. if we get 3 eggs and 1 DH sperm, then 1 egg + 1 DH sperm is put into one dish, and the other 2 eggs are put with donor sperm in a separate dish. He said this hasn't been done before. Plenty of people have donor sperm ready as back-up, but that's because they find no sperm, but that DH is a special case as he often gets just 1 good sperm, and that's unusual - men usually have plenty or none, so it's always clear which way to go. At first he wasn't happy to go with our plan, and all of a sudden I was thinking that I'd have to start again at a different clinic to get what I want, but after some discussion, he agreed he would do it. To be honest, I think he seemed a little interested in trying it, since it's not done at all normally.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck for Saturday! Very exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    DJShears... how exciting that your trip to South Africa is all planned. It must be exciting to make such plans.

MrsErin.... good luck at the FS on Monday. Have you got a bit of an idea of what you want next time, or at least some questions written down to guide the discussion, as I've found that vital each time I've met with a FS.

AFM.... went and saw our FS yesterday to discuss last failed cycle and plan the next cycle. Major discussion points of interest were:
    - he mentioned that last time my LH levels weren't increasing as much as he expected, so will adjust meds next time
    - he will use progesterone injections instead of pessaries, as he said they are much more effective (not sure why he doesn't use them all the time then!). He said progesterone injections will keep AF away for a long while, so the only side-effect of this, is that AF wil definitely not come before the preg BT, so you can't use AF as an indicator if the cycle worked or not (but that's peace of mind, knowing that it's not AF that stuffed up the cycle)
    - he will do one and a half times the normal trigger injection, as he thought out of 6 follicles that we should have got more than 3 eggs. I said I was happy with 3 eggs out of 6 follicles, but he said that increasing the trigger shot should make a difference.
    - he really doesn't think waiting the full 72 days for sperm to mature is going to make any difference to DH's 1 or 2 sperm, so we're going to go ahead now (which will mean only 58 days from mTESE when all good sperm was scooped up)
    - he's going to use both assisted hatching and embryo glue during transfer, as well as doing guided ultrasound transfer (which I've not had on my previous two transfers), so it seems there's a few new things for this cycle compared to the past three.
    - interestingly (and peonies, I think you'll like this one!) we've convinced him to do something that he said he's never done before - as DH only gets 1-2 sperm, we've insisted that we want to use both DH's 1-2 sperm, plus use donor back-up, e.g. if we get 3 eggs and 1 DH sperm, then 1 egg + 1 DH sperm is put into one dish, and the other 2 eggs are put with donor sperm in a separate dish. He said this hasn't been done before. Plenty of people have donor sperm ready as back-up, but that's because they find no sperm, but that DH is a special case as he often gets just 1 good sperm, and that's unusual - men usually have plenty or none, so it's always clear which way to go. At first he wasn't happy to go with our plan, and all of a sudden I was thinking that I'd have to start again at a different clinic to get what I want, but after some discussion, he agreed he would do it. To be honest, I think he seemed a little interested in trying it, since it's not done at all normally.
    Hi MCG Bertie -can you let me know what assisted hatching and embryo glue is? I see you are trying this for your next cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Hi everyone, well we are officially on the IVF train, signed our paperwork today and started meds this evening for a long cycle.
    Hi Twocam - Good luck with everything. I am 5 days into my 1st long cycle (and 2nd cycle in total - my 1st IVF cycle was antagonist cycle) so we will be on a similar schedule. Fingers crossed for March!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur L For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm Cycling! Last 2 frosties will be used in a DET.
    Start checking for ovulation next Friday.

Fortitude

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yippy Fort!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Fort!

Well as of today my DP is PUPO!
    Three emmies went in, all Grade B's and Cells: 9, 7, & 5
    Pre acupunture treatment last night and Post transfer acupunture this morning.
    Now just relaxing. Will be testing Easter Thursday

Thanks
    Reviews
    FleurL.... I had "assisted hatching" on my 3rd cycle (it was never offered at my first clinic). It was mentioned at one point that the "shell" of my eggs were thick, and that assisted hatching may help. Basically, with ICSI they inject the sperm into the egg using a very fine needle, but this little hole isn't big enough to make any difference when the egg wants to hatch. Assisted hatching is basically the scientists making a bigger hole in the shell of the egg, so it can hatch through there. From lots of reading, some FSs agree to this and others don't think it makes any difference, but it only costs about $250 extra.

This 4th cycle will be the first time I've used embryo glue. This basically is to hold the embryo in place, so that there's no movement when it's trying to hatch. If there's the slightest of movement then the embryo can't latch on. Again, this costs about $150 extra, but I thought it would be worth it. Interestingly, I asked for it on cycle #3 but my FS didn't think it was worth it. I asked again for this 4th cycle, and he said he couldn't see any reason why not to give it a go.