Closed Thread
Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mrs Erin - I am so sorry to hear your BFN and I know nothing I say wld make you feel any better, so I can only hope that you can try and pamper yourself with some goodies and bubbly. Take each day as it comes.....hugs

Kenta and Springrain are you girls feeling any symptoms? Whens your BT? I am only 5dp 3dt, apart from the constant cramps I have I feel nothing, although the cramping has eased a bit today and i did have some tinged crinone last couple of days. I just felt down today and thought well its just another one of those cycles.

Micca grow away those follies girl!

Sunny - you must be so excited.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (01-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Erin :-( not fair, take care xxx

Micca good looking cooking luck x

Hope all is well with everyone else.

BTW in WA there is only a few endocrinologists waiting list is about 6 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann and springrain hope all is well in your 2ww.
    micca best of luck this cycle.
    anxious there must be a way to get in earlier if you need to.

1 week down in 2ww. No symptoms to really report. Already starting to think what to do next. Tough decisions. Don't think we will use the growth hormone as didn't make any difference. Will keep the dhea and melatonin. Maybe one more go. Anyone tried menopur as that we haven't tried. Think I'd also like to stick with less injections like elonva as this cycle was too many and did not like the twice a day Gonal f which didn't give us any more eggs.

happy weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kenta like you you iam beginning to think ahead. i was hpoing to feel a flurry of activity down there to give me some hope but slas i feel nothing. anyway, i asked my fs if this cycle failed i wanted to do somthing different and he talked about using elnova n menpour, we didnt go into too much depth though. so i will now start my research in regards to this. also my fs never encouraged me to use saizen, although he has worked extensively with it, he has worked in u.k n done all sorts of research. his take on it is, the amount of money spent on it znd you cant really say that it does make alot of difference, although maybe at some stage i wldnt mind using it justto

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry my tablet went crazy. i was saying just to see. however, lets not give up hope you never know we may be pleasantly surprised this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, just wanted to say a big thanks to all of you for your kind words and encouragement after my BFN this week. It really meant a lot and it did genuinely make me feel better when I was having a pretty rough patch this week.

to you all

x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Mrs Erin, sorry to read of you BFN, it never get any easier does it?

Dear Micca- I hope the scan showed lots of promise.

Dear Kenta- hope you have a sticky in there

Dj and Sunny- whoo hoo for South Africa!

Wishing sticky vibes to all ladies wherever you are in your journey.

AFM: new FS was very proactive and I am already booked for a hysto and a lapro this Wed! Followed by a DET next cycle. She's going to do an endo scratch, check for things like polyps and possible endometriosis. Hopefully my wax and shine will look good to those last 2 frosties.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (03-03-2013),Sunny15  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    scan was good... egg pick up booked for tuesday and I will probably do a day 3 transfer friday and go home sunday. so fingers crossed... having a much more relaxed time... had real coffee today... had a busy day doing a work course yesterday.. so time is really going quickly... now if it would just stop flippin raining up here in brisbane...lol..

Fortitude... yay on getting the big check up... make sure she tests for natural killer cells... the results can take 2 weeks to come back and if positive often need a month of prednisone before you cycle.

Kenta... I tried menopur last cycle... got nice follicles-- 7 but I could not comment on quality as my FS overcooked the eggs by 3 days so they were pretty knackered by the time it came to egg pick up. but of note I usually take 11 days to stim... on menopur I only took 9 days... it was nice having one injection less... but boy it stings...
    Sounds like you are going a little nutty...lol

Ann.. the saizen debate is a hard one... I think I respond well using it have have better embryos... this cycle I have had 12 saizen injections so we will see how my embryos go... I got mine cheap though a pharmacy.. only $135 a vial.. with a script... I guess its one of those things.. try it once and see how you go.
    hang in there with the 2ww

anxious... eek on the waiting for endocrinologists... are you on a cancellation list.? often being on one you can get in much quicker.

MrsErin... glad that you are coming through the black tunnel and beginning to think ahead again... perseverence is really the key for us old broiler chickens..
    And back up plans really help keep our sanity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself as I'll be joining this group shortly. To fill you in on our story - I'm 43 on 12th March and my husband is 52. We are the parents of two beautiful children who were both conceived naturally. Sian (pronounced Seeanne) was born in 2006 and Dane in 2010. We were a happy little family and my two children are my life.

Our whole world changed on Saturday 12th May last year, when our precious little Sian passed away here at home from an asthma attack. I tried desperately to resuscitate her (my husband was at work), but neither I nor the nine paramedics and fireys could bring her back. I miss my beautiful little girl every minute of every hour of every day. The pain is indescribable and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Because of our age, we decided quite soon after Sian became an angel, that we'd try for another baby. No baby will EVER replace Sian and that's not what we're trying to do. We just want to try and give our little boy Dane a brother or sister to grow up with. He's only two and a half and he misses his sister so much. We want him to have a sibling to play with and travel through life with. We managed to fall pregnant in June, but I miscarried in August.

Since then we've had no luck (despite weekly acupuncture and Chinese herbs at Fertile Ground in East Melb) and have now decided that we need to look at IVF. We saw my obstetrician on Friday and he has referred us to Associate Professor Luk Rombauts at Monash IVF who we see on 13th March. My Ob has said that our only chance of success may be a donor egg, so that's another thing to think about. I was a little naive and thought that we could just 'buy' an egg from an anonymous donor at the clinic, but I've since read that being in Victoria, we have to source our own donor. I have had initial bloods done a few months back and my FSH was 18.4 (too high, but hoping it's come down with the use of Chinese herbs) and my Ovarian Reserve was <0.1, so pretty pathetic too. I had more bloods done yesterday to check those levels again - really hoping my FSH has come down because I know the clinic won't take me on if it's above 10 (that's what my Ob told me).

Anyway, that's our story. Sorry it's so long! I look forward to chatting with you all over our journey.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siansmum - Welcome and I hope your IVF journey is a short and successful one. Thank you for sharing....I cannot even begin to imagine what you and DH have been through. Feel free to ask anything, vent your frustrations, cry and commiserate the bad times and laugh and celebrate every single successul milestone. We are a VERY supportive and informative, knowledgeable group. Personally, I always knew that the donor route was most likely going to be my best option, however, I wanted closure with my own eggs first....so I did 3 different stimming protocols....and FETs with my own eggs and donor eggs...I am now going to be doing donor eggs in South Africa. Good luck on your journey.

Micca - Woohoo....this is THE one Micca!

Fort - Yay for your further investigations....can only be a good thing for your quick a*se embies that you produce!!!
    Last edited by Sunny15; 03-03-2013 at 15:11.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

micca  (03-03-2013)