Closed Thread
Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations kate!!! 🎉✨
    So so happy for you and only the 1 just like you were hoping!!! That's awesome and less worry for you. My god that one must be incredibly strong with the hcg numbers you are pulling!!! Yay!!!!

AFM - I had a complete breakdown yesterday after another 2-3 hrs sleep night as I was too paranoid to take any sleep aids and had stupidly played dr google and read all these horror stories. Really got myself in a state, thought I was miscarrying as I was cramping terribly too and saw a few little spots of brown stuff (like grains of sand so small, but I lost it!). Ended up seeing my old psychiatrist for an emergency appt, thank god as he calmed me down and went through all the latest literature on my options for what is safest during pregnancy. He said my lack of sleep & anxiety has the potential to do far more harm than any of the medications. He has me on a schedule of sleeping aids and over the counter antihistamine alternate nights until I get into a rhythm again and then hopefully as I wean down off the steroids (which will start between 12-16 weeks) I won't have such issues. I usually sleep well so here's hoping. Plus any of the sleep aids have only been shown to cause issues for baby near end of pregnancy, so by then I should be fine as I will be completely off the steroids. I think I needed that breakdown as I was not coping at all. Have made a plan and will not be playing dr google anymore! Well rested after last night.

Also felt very sick this morn which reassured me I was still pregnant lol...no bleeding or anything, but was worried as I was so stressed yesterday.

Terrified and excited for scan on Friday!
    Will be 6w4d so really praying we see everything, can't help but feel very scared after my sleep and anxiety issues lately, but I guess that is natural, I keep telling myself that women give birth all over the world in much more stressful circumstances like war etc and others take far worse drugs etc before they even know they are pregnant

Thanks for your support xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps - Kate I'm back on the toast too, just quinoa stuff as I had it in freezer, and I haven't even felt sick much - it's just about convenience! Paleo can go out the window now you're preggo, just gotta do what you gotta do!! Take care x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy that's good you got into see your psychiatrist. Sleep or lack of it can really play havoc with our bodies. I know taking any meds whilst pregnancy can be risky but I'm sure all your Dr's have yours and your bubs best interests in mind.

The heartbeat scan was seriously over in a sec - not sure if its because it was an internal but he was in and out before I knew it! Luckily we got photos!

I can't even handle toast anymore. I have been sick every few hours from about 9pm last night. I'm at work now and have been sick 4 times - it's gross and I feel yuck. I just called my Dr again re: meds as I can't function like this. Work told me to go home so I think I will do just that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh Kate! you poor thing! take care and rest up xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've heard that Zofran is usually effective for people with chronic morning sickness. It's supposed to be expensive but totally safe for bub. Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    xxhugsxx Kate xx

Thanks ladies for the welcome back - feeling the love

My ttc journey is.. Well at a standstill at the moment.. I'm actually well known with Dr Ong - a friend of mine works "alongside" him on and off and he's told her that the minute I'm ready to see him to just call.. I guess in a way I'm scared. It's also a case of money - just had a month off injured and still waiting for workers comp to come thru.. 😞

Anyways, hope everyone is having a good night

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betty I got a script for those wafers yesterday & then vomited all night. I just came home again now & on the verge of being sick. If these don't work will call Dr again....

Thanks
    Reviews
    just sharing name of product incase it might be of help to someone in future. as i've been going on about i've had a rough time with sleep for awhile. for the first time last night i used a product called Restavit. It is an over the counter antihistamine (pharmacist needs to put your name on the box) reccomended by my psychiatrist & immune doc. Category A for pregnancy. I was very sceptical that it would work, but to my absolute shock i slept from 9.30pm - 4.30am without even getting up for the toilet! It has literally been weeks since that has happened (even longer as i am a chronic night pee'r lol).
    Anyway, just wanted to share the good news & info incase it helps anyone. I do have a pretty dry mouth/throat this morn & felt a little fuzzy getting up, but well worth it for the sleep and also peace of mind that it is a very safe medication.
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 05-06-2013 at 09:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    gosh Kate, this is just so awful how sick you are. i can't remember the name of what duchess kate had when she was hopsitalized had but it sounds so chronically bad you poor thing....i hope your fs can help and that things turn around soon for you. big hugs and take care xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate, congratulations on bubs heartbeat. You must be so relieved. Sucks about how sick you are. If the ondansatron didn't work for you, I'm not sure what will. Hopefully it doesn't stick around for so long.

Sorry guys if I've missed out on anything, I just don't seem to have much time these days to get on, I feel so behind in everything.
    I'm starting to get some kind of routine so hopefully I'll be able to keep on top of things.

Sofia had her newborn pics done today, so cute! I'll post a pic when I get one.

Hope everyone is traveling well, ill get onto reading back asap so I know what's going on.