Closed Thread
Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ps - I only slept 3 hrs again last night, these steroids are really knocking me around just taking it easy on couch all day but my damn over active mind all amped up due to steroids won't let my poor little body sleep. Hoping our baby is getting all the stuff it needs as I feel so over exhausted, but trying to trust as long as I keep feet up my uterus is still at rest even if my brain isn't iykwim
    If it happens again tonight I'm going to have to have something to help me sleep, doc has ok'd it, but of course I'd rather not, but it gets to the stage where you need to weigh up the benefits vs risks and my body needs rest to sustain the pregnancy also...it's a sucky thing to be faced with, but I need to trust my docs
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 01-06-2013 at 13:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

So I'm writing this from my bed in Pindara. Had to come to A&E this morning as I haven't kept food down since Thurs night & have been constantly sick all night & was really dehydrated. Been in a ward for a few hrs on a IV drip plus had maxalon & something to eat & feeling heaps better. Had both sets of parents visit too. Saw the OB & he didn't scan me - said now Ive stopped vomiting he isn't too worried. He said if it hadnt stopped he'd be looking for twins or a fake pregnancy (not quite sure what that is). I'm in overnight & might call Flynny tomorrow & see if we can scan then instead just to make sure - I think I will be 7 weeks (so not sure TK you are good with these calcs!). So in mean time just trying to rest & not worry.

Lissy I hope you get some sleep - nothing worse than being exhausted.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bloody hell Kate you haven't had an easy time of it have you? I used to think I was jealous of the girls who got really sick because they didn't put on weight (how shallow and vapid, I know!) but it really sounds like you've been having a hard run. So glad you're being looked after and feeling better. Have they given you Zofran to take when back home? How annoyed were you that the Ob wouldn't scan you?! And what the what is a fake pregnancy anyway? Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you've needed to go to hospital but really glad you're being looked after and are okay now, and the the Dr thinks bubs should be ok too. Take care of yourself please! Xoxo

Lissy was last night any better? I went through a big patch of getting awful sleep, ended up kicking my husband out of the bed because he would sometimes wake me up and I would get cranky because my sleep was so tenuous and precious! If you need to take a sleeping tablet, do it and don't feel guilty -- the doc wouldn't tell you to take it if it was unsafe. Xoxoxo

Goldie are you home yet? How's the little one? How'd you like John Flynn??

I'm 23 weeks tomorrow, time is starting to fly. So, my sister is 31 (three years younger than me) and had her AMH checked at my urging last year. Her number was 4.9, even lower than mine. Her FS recommended she freeze her eggs. She decided to start trying in June this year -- got PHI which kicks in as of Feb next year. She went off the pill about a month ago and found out a few days ago she's pregnant! She's a bit stunned -- because of what I went through and what her FS said she expected it to take a long time. She misses out on the PHI cover by a couple of weeks -- not sure how flexible they are with that. I'm stoked that we'll have kids so close in age and that she didn't have to go through what we did (miscarriages and IVF) BUT I really hate her boyfriend! I think he's a total knob and I'm so annoyed that my lovely sister's genes will be mixed with those of this boofhead!! Lol, I know it's not about me but I am so swinging back and forth between "yay!" and "ugh".
    Last edited by BettyW; 02-06-2013 at 14:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Betty - yep it does suck being sick but better to be safe & come into hospital. They said as soon as you cant take fluids to come in which I did. My mum said I'd lost heaps of weight off my face & I probably have lost some but will put it all back on once I start eating again. Not sure what meds they will send me home with. I still don't know what a fake pregnancy is - trying not to think about it too much. I feel guilty about work too. I had 3 days off plus went home early the other 2 but mum said not to worry about them bub & me are more important. They know I'm in hospital too & not faking it.

thats awesome news about your sisters pregnancy but horrible about her bf. I haven't at all times like my brothers wife but they have 2 kids (her eldest is from a previous relationship) & I love them to bits. The kids are do good I forget they are the parents! I'm sure you'll feel the same about your niece or nephew too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely better to be safe, I'm glad you went in (well, not glad you had to, but glad you did the right thing)! And listen to your mum, I'd be stressed about work too but being hospitalised is the ultimate "this is legitimate, I am actually rather sick" proof.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't like their siblings' partners, also glad to hear that you can like the kids in spite of that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    Sorry haven't had a chance to read back too far so just read the last few posts.

Kate, that sucks your feeling so crappy. I have no clue either what a fake pregnancy is either? Hopefully it's just a bad case of ms and that it doesn't hang around too long.

Betty, that's great news about your sis and as much as I can understand that he probably is a complete knob, I'm sure your sister loves him and is so unbelievably happy.

Yep we are home now. John Flynn was really great. Nice that most of the staff on the ward are midwives so you feel really well cared for. At first I was a bit concerned cause they rarely come and check up on you but was relieved in the end for the privacy and I knew if I just pressed my button they would be in in a flash.
    I had a hard time feeding Sofia because the small amounts of breast milk she got didn't balance her sugar levels so he had to go onto formula which meant I had to take her into the special care nursery for her feeds.
    Just a heads up, don't bother taking nappies and wipes to the hospital. They give you a pack of each and we still took most of them home.

So home now and milk is in but still not coming out fast enough for her to feed from so I'm still supplementing. I'm using what they call a supply line. I feel like a cow, just google medela supply line and you'll see what i mean. So my boobs are killing me cause they are huge and full of milk and just can't get it out but I'm still trying, I'm determined to breast feed! Apart from that being home and being a mum is so great.

Hope everyone is travelling well, or best they can be (Kate, lol). And thanks everyone for all your congrats.

So who is next? Kate and Tracey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I've been MIA lately, haven't been in a real good place but have also moved house and had a month off injured..! Yes, it's all happening..!!

Anyways hope you are all doing well xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Kate thats awful that you are so sick hope they are treating you well at Pindara and hope you are feeling better soon.

Goldie I also had one of those supply lines but never ended up using it, are you pumping as well to keep up your supply?? It's so good to get home isn't it , I hardly slept a wink in hospital, I had to be on a normal hospital bed because I had a csection so between being uncomfortable on the bed being stiff and sore from the csection and the constant crunch and crackle from the plastic on the sheets and pillows I just couldn't wait to be in my own bed.. I was also so terrified my lo would stop breathing that no matter how tired I was I just couldn't sleep and cause he was born via csection he had all this muck he kept vomiting out and choking on so I was terrified that if I fell asleep he would choke. Once we were home I had breathing mats on his cot so I could sleep soundly and in the comfort of my own bed my first night in my own bed felt so amazing.. How long did you stay in for?

Lissy I hope you are managing to catch up on your sleep its certainly been the weather for it.

Betty I can't believe you are 23 weeks already that is so crazy how fast that has gone.

Hope everyone else is going well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Kate so sorry to hear it got worse!! But very happy to hear you are being well looked after in hospital, take care and don't worry about bloody work!! Like Betty said, hospital is the ultimate reason to not be there!

Betty, you are so funny about that vanity thing wishing you'd vomit, don't worry you are not the only one to have thought that and felt bad about it! Lol...I especially feel it as I am on 35mg steroids and blowing up like a beach ball already, having started 10kg behind eight ball at start of my bfp ivf cycle, so was thinking some vomiting might help lol..,but in truth I count myself very lucky, not just cause of what poor Kate is going through, because I am a horrific vomiter!! It's one of the things I hate most in life...I could never be bulimic!! I can barely throw up after a big night when I desperately need to, it's like my body just has trouble doing it so I shudder to think the pain I would be in with true morning sickness. I think I'd rather the kg's right now! Like you said i think there is a link between steroids & lack of ms as my fs said he prescribes it for extreme nausea short term. And I'll be on steroids long term (35mg through 1st trimester until gradual weaning) so I may escape it totally, however my mum got it right through to giving birth all day every day so I won't count my chickens!!

Goldie, so glad to hear you are home!! It must be lovely to start your family life I hope the milk thing gets better. I have massive boobs already (normally an e cup) so the soreness and milk buildup scares me a bit! Are you naturally big too or just from preg/breastfeeding?

Thanks angels.
    I slept better sat night (still broken sleep but at least able to fall back asleep for maybe 7 hrs on & off) as I had to have 1/2 sleeping pill and have decided I will allow it once every few nights if I am struggling. I looked up tga Australia drugs website and they are classified as a B3 which is better than Valium which is C, plus fs has ok'd it, I just get paranoid. Last night I got maybe 4-5 hrs (still broken), so it's not enough really. It's a worry not getting enough rest to grow our baby, but I am trying my best and don't know what else to do. I'm not even napping during day as I'm so wired from the steroids.

I wonder is it also pregnancy hormones that I can't sleep and not just the steroids? Kate & Betty you both said you had trouble sleeping - how many hours were you getting and what dose of steroids were you on? Thanks for any info.

Hi miss konkie, nice to meet you whereabouts on your ttc journey are you now?

Hi everyone else!
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 03-06-2013 at 08:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls

I get to go home this morning - yay! I'm still quite pale apparently & my bp is a little low but I'm keeping food down. I really just want to be in my own bed too! I've had 3.5L of fluid plus zofron & maxalon so things have settle down. Need to eat every few hrs though otherwise feel queasy - woke up a few time during the night & had to have some ginger bikkies! At least I'm keeping it down now. Not taking any meds home. Flynny saw me this morning & wants to see how I go first. Wants to be a bit cautious with my meds at the moment just in case. Going to have a scan with him this arvo too which will put my mind at ease a bit.

Lissy I'm not on steroids I think my sleeping issues are 1. From feeling sick during the night & leg cramps & 2. Just being anxious. I have disturbed sleep whenever I've got 'stress' in my life - my mind just doesn't wind down sometimes. The past few days I've been sleeping about 15 hrs a day with no issue!!!

Welcome back MissKristy - hope you are ok x