Closed Thread
Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations Goldie, fantastic news! It does sound full on but also sounds like you handled it like a champ -- and look what you have to show for it! Sofia is gorgeous! How much of the delivery was Dr Singh there for??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Goldie & family!!!
    Sofia is absolutely beautiful!!❤
    Just saw pic, but will come back and read your post properly in morn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls we absolutely adore her. Cutest thing is her favourite place is laying on her belly on daddy's chest. Mine isn't flat like his so she likes his way better!

Betty, maneesh came in when bub was just starting to crown. The midwives don't want to call them before that cause they just get in the way lol! But I have to say he was amazing, so reassuring and fast but efficient. Haha, as soon as I pushed bub out he tells me that I still look really good...yeah right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangkt View Post
    The progesterone is starting to make me a bit blocked up.
    Hey Kate, have you tried that pear juice you can get at woolies & coles. It comes in an 800ml tall can and is fairly decently low in sugar for a fruit juice. I've found it works a treat during recovery from EPU or really anytime I'm generally having those issues I drink it by the gallon til it works! Pears have so much fibre.
    Another thing I wanted to mention to you as I know you are a fellow semi-paleo girl (which I know is lot harder when you feel ill!)...I order this fantastic bread and I know you were saying you could only stomach toast some morns. Now quinoa is not strictly paleo, but some do class as grain free and it's certainly a damn sight better than other GF bread out there and I have started including it as a substitute for rice when steamed veges just won't do with a good curry!! Anyway, this bread is made from quinoa, it's pretty pricey and unfortunately has to be shipped from Canberra I think, but it is oh so worth it. So with shipping it works out to be about $10 per loaf. The bakery is called Deeks. I think the website is just www.deeks.com.au or something. Anyway I just stockpile it in freezer as you have to order I think a minimum of 6 items. Their breadcrumbs are amazing too, had chicken schnitzels for 1st time other night (try to with almond meal but it's not the same) and I swear it tasted better than normal breadcrumbs! Their best loaf is the normal farmhouse loaf. It freezes well and I keep 1/2 loaf in fridge and slice it real thin. It slices easy, no crumbling, very moist and even great for sandwiches after freezing. I couldn't reccommend it more highly. Anyway if you do order it i hope you like it and I don't waste you a lot if money! If you hate it you could always send it to me and I could pay you lol
    Anyway just wanted to share as I know how hard eating this way can be sometimes especially when you are feeling crook. I still eat plenty of potatoes (and potato chips!) so I am no low carb angel, just try to do same as you and stay away from grains when possible.
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 01-06-2013 at 13:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and good luck with BT today Kate! Here's hoping all that nausea is cause you're numbers are doing great things!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and the other thing that gets things going is my morning coffee
    I'm still allowing 1 each morn, even just the smell sends me running to the loo like pavlov's dogs lol...not sure if your nausea would agree with the smell of coffee though!
    Sorry for all the poop talk ladies this early in morn, what a great topic lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lissyloulou For This Useful Post:

hopefuljen  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just read your whole post Goldie!!! Well done, what an experience!! Daddy must be loving the skin on skin time
    I've got to say natural birth scares the beejeezus out of me! But I would love to try too, my mum had to have a c-section as her pelvis was not wide enough so not sure if I will have same issue. I'm a bit taller than her and heaps of padding around my hips lol, but I think very small boned. And it doesn't help that all of my hubby's family have HUGE heads!!! Haha...I am not kidding, everyone keeps joking about me trying to push out one of them and it scares the hell out of me!! I guess they measure as you go so we will see if it's possible.
    Also I was told a lot of docs like to push IVF ladies towards c-section to minimize risk. Is this true? of course a healthy bub is what you want at end, but I know recovery time and experience would be preferable for natural. So much to learn! Plus, this is going to sound terrible, but my hubby gets 6 weeks off work if I have c-section compared to 1 or 2 without and works a very high pressured job so I think he is secretly hoping he gets a big holiday!! Of course he doesn't realise it would not be a holiday looking after mum & bub, but I think he just wants a chance to stay at home with me as long as possible. Of course he will just go along with whatever I want though! He has to lol

You did it Goldie!!! Woohoo!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lissy. Such an amazing experience once it's all over.
    My OB never once even suggested I go down the c-section track. I have heard this too however from dr Ong but at the end if the day it depends on the OB I think, if they are pro natural. I chose to bypass pindara to go to John Flynn purely to avoid a c-section. It was very important to me that I be mobile and capable of doing everything I need for my baby. But the choices you make for your birth are yours to make alone. I had times there when secretly I wanted someone to say that I had to have a c-section so I do not think choosing to have one is a terrible idea at all. I don't think there's any specific reason to have one just because its an ivf baby as it is still classed as a normal pregnancy, but yes to reduce any risks at all some suggest c-section. Gee that was a very drawn out answer wasn't it! If I were in your situation with hubby though that would be a big temptation to have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie - big congrats on the birth of your gorgeous baby!!! Loved hearing your story. All the best for your first weeks at home xx

Kate - how were your bt results today? Hope all is well.

Lissy - will be waiting to hear your results tomorrow too.

TK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie, interesting isn't it with the whole reccommended c-sections these days. I have a feeling due to my massive immune treatment protocols that it might also push me into a high risk category though? I am on heavy duty blood thinners, steroids, intralipid transfusions, and by the looks will all keep going until very late in pregnancy, but we will see. There are ladies on my other immunology thread ahead of me who I will watch and discuss with them what options they are given etc some are close to birth now and being weaned off drugs.
    And yeah it's a temptation about hubby's work but of course I want to do what is right for the best experience and if I could possibly attempt natural I think it would be awesome (although scary!) and I wouldn't want to regret not trying, it's far more important than him having a holiday lol...but that's also only due to the fact that I have a lot of support with family, so even if he went back to work I would not be too alone. He would have to work from home too anyway for part of it so not like it would be a real 6 week break, but pretty damn good if I do have a c-section to have him around.

TK, just called for my results and they said 30mins more...gah!!!🙏