Closed Thread
Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going ok thank Kate, Dr Ong said I could have transfer done when bubby is 11 months old which is only a few weeks away if I wanted although I get the feeling he would like me to wait longer due to my csect I think he is worried cause I carried so big and my son was 8 pound 11 but time really isn't on my side so I think I will go and see my Ob and see what he thinks cause I would really like my next birth to be a vbac I don't want to have to have a csect again I absolutely hated it and of course i want to do what is safest for me and my baby ( if I am lucky enough to fall pregnant again).. if my one and only little emby doesnt make defrost then day 5 (currently frozen day 2 ) then i have to start all over again which will be devastating both financially and emotionally..how are you going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and being back at work is ok,its great to catch up with my work friends but I'm not great at trusting others to look after my son even his daddy, he is sometimes a bit more interested in his stupid iphone instead of concentrating on what bubby is doing or getting in to..my sister always says she hopes to god he nevers hurts himself on her watch lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing ok - really bad nausea & dizziness at the moment. I feel like I'm on a boat. I went to acupuncture yesterday & have nausea pressure point things on my wrists but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

Are you only working part time? It must be hard to let others take care of your bub, esp when mothers have such a close bond to them and I guess we're wired to always be protective of them. I have daydreams that I'm going to come home & DH & bub with be playing playstation (well DH playing, bub watching). DH plays thoughs modern warfare games - so violent even I can't watch it. I'm going to have to censor the house big time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry guys its been a bit full on.
    I got into hospital at 5pm on Monday and put onto the monitor which showed I was contracting but wasn't feeling them nor were they regular so don't think I was in labour.
    Got the gel which made them a little bit painful but still didn't put me in labour. Cervix was thin but still closed. In the morning OB broke my waters, the talented man managed to get through my closed cervix to do it too. Contractions got stronger but still at around 10am I got the syntocinon. Wow that stuff works so strong! So long story short bub was posterior and let's just say thank god for epidurals! I didn't want one and who knows if she was in the correct position id like to think I could have done without it, but not how she was coming out. I got the epi around 2pm and as soon as I did it worked wonders, the midwife said I went from 5-10cm in 10 minutes! I could still feel the contractions and they were still painful but much much more bareable than they were. The pushing was actually quite easy. They say that epidural makes it harder and longer to push bub out but because mine wasn't very strong I could still feel everything and just made it that much easier. We welcomed Sofia into the world at 1626.
    She was cold so had to spend a few hours in special care to warm up, then again overnight cause she was hypoglycemic and because I wasn't producing enough colostrum to bring her sugars back up they had to put an NG feeding tube in and top up with a bit of formula. Apart from that she is perfect and healthy.

I haven't had a chance to ready anyone's posts but I will try to over the next couple of days.
    Thanks everyone for all your well wishes and I can't wait for you all to experience this magical time xxx
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo congratulations Goldie she is just beautiful and welcome to the world little Sofia :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Kate I am just working part time I do 3 shifts a week and only 4 hours at a time I'm not ready yet to be away from bubby any longer than that yet.. I so get what you are saying about censoring the tv, my dh watches that game of thrones show and bubby will at times stop playing and watch for a little bit so now my dh is only allowed to watch it on his laptop where bubby can't see and he uses headphones so we don't have to listen to it as well :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge congratulations to you both! She is just precious. Hope you're doing well too! Is she back with you now? X x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Goldie!! Sounds like you had a bit of an ordeal but the end product is definitely worth it - she is divine

Angels my DH watches that show too - I can't be in the same room!!! He on the other hand can't stand Offspring which I love - silly man

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol Kate I thought I was the only one that couldn't stand that show, everyone I know loves it I watched it once and thought it was horrible and really what is what's not to love about Offspring men have no idea :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations !! Welcome baby girl you are just beautiful!! Well done goldie she's just Perfect Xoxo enjoy every minute of mummy hood can't wait for my turn! Xo