Closed Thread
Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ps - Betty, my best friend had pp with her 2nd baby. She was in hospital for last couple of weeks as hers was really bad, but she had a c-section and everything turned out just fine. They had to tell her about all the scary risks too, but that's just the doc having to inform you. And I reckon with the amount of monitoring we all have (and paranoia from doing ivf anyway!) we have a better chance than most of all being ok cause everyone is so vigilant. You were definately meant to be a mum - you already are one, your bub is just not out yet! I really need to listen to my own advice
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 26-05-2013 at 08:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lissy my husband has a big family like that and I find it totally overwhelming how everyone knows everything! I can imagine that you're feeling some pressure, along with being tired and knocked around by all that progesterone (and man I HATED the pessaries but crinone is so expensive! I even wanted to be able to inject it, I stopped taking the pessaries before I was supposed to stop because they were so gross and made me itchy! Oops, TMI.) Seriously though, read about ANY uncomfortable pregnancy symptom and chances are progesterone's to blame.
    Tell your family "I need to rest" and go and lie down, even if you don't sleep, just having some mental space (even from the people we love) can work wonders. (You too Kate!!)

My Ob didn't even tell me about these worst case scenarios, that was my own Dr Googling. You'd think I'd know better by now...

Goldie I agree, I don't need nature cause I have science! And I frikken love science, I teach it every day! While I'm sure posting on here won't be your number one priority over the next few days, PLEASE let us know how you get on! I'm very excited for you. Xoxoxo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

lissyloulou  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh lissy I just wanna wrap you up and give you a big hug xxx
    There are no secrets in my family either, on either side. Hubby tells his parents everything and they tell everyone else. Same with my mum. To make matters worse hubby told everyone at his work we were pregnant so I had that to deal with too. In his defense he was just excited and he works in a hospital and everyone there knew we were doing ivf so naturally they want to know the outcome.
    Hopefully you are just one of those people who only struggle to fall pregnant and have no issues carrying a baby.
    Sounds like you have an amazing support system around you.
    Feel free to vent away anytime you like xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betty I'm sure I will be so excited I'll be wanting to tell anyone who will listen so there will be a post in no time at all, and a pic if I can figure out how to do that!
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy - it is such a mind game these early weeks following a BFP. It is easy to feel insane with worry about everything. progesterone can cause cramping and you are on a lot so try and breath. Try and distract yourself with things that make you relax. Watch movies, listen to meditation tapes or get lost in a good book. Put all your worries in a box (including your family and people knowing) and mentally lock it with a big pad lock and put it high up on a dusty shelf and throw a blanket over it. Say I don't have to think about that today. I will open that box when I am ready. Put yourself first and communicate what you need with your family. We are all here for you.

I am loving your sticks by the way. It is so reassuring seeing the line slowly get darker. Eventually the control line becomes lighter as the pregnancy line pulls more and more ink in. Hugs x

Goldie good luck and big hugs for the birth of your baby!! We will await your news xx

Kate how are you going lovely? I still cant get over your great numbers.

Jen - they are such beautiful pics of Isabelle and you look so well xx I am glad it's only 4 more weeks of that brace hang in there. You are doing so well x

Betty - oh my gosh. What a great pic of your little boy!! I am so pleased you are relaxing and believing this baby is for real. Science and medicine is a wonderful thing and I am sure your c section will go fine. You will be in good hands with your dr and team at John Flynn.

TK

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TK Wishing For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, better today so far just with me and hubby. All of your words have really helped. Gonna watch movies and zone out for rest of afternoon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any stick today Lissy? Are you working this week?

Kate when does your DH get home? Hope it's soon. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls

TK I picked DH up last night - I flew him down to Syd for a boys w/end with all his mates down there & he's a little worse for wear. He did buy me a beautiful pair of diamond and tanzanite (my birthstone) earrings though!

I'm still feeling pretty average. I still had pains and pretty bad nausea yesterday/last night and feeling like poo today. Dinner repeated on me all night and now is breakfast. I just feel like being in bed but I've got a work lunch function to go to, seriously just the though is making me want to be sick!

Apart from that........ it's just a limbo land at the moment - can't wait for the scan next week.

Best of luck today Goldie xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    No sticks yesterday or today!! Go me!! I will prob do one tomorrow, maybe every 2nd day until Friday just for peace of mind that we're still ok, but has been good to drop the obsession yesterday, well at least for a day! However, I do keep pulling out my old sticks and looking at them as I love them
    Yes I work 3 days each week - tues to thurs usually unless in hospital, having intralipid right now just sitting waiting for canula to be put it

Thinking of you today Goldie!!!!!! Can't wait to hear from you when you get a chance. To load a picture if you have an iphone you need to go into settings>privacy>photos and select allow for bubhub access to your photos. Then when you are writing a post you just click the 2nd icon across above keyboard that looks like a mountain with a sun circle above it, and that let's you attach a photo of your new beautiful bub!!! Sending all my positive thoughts and good vibes for a smooth delivery xx :cloudnine:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie hope all went well tonight lovely can't wait to hear!! Xoxox was thinking of you today oxox