Closed Thread
Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    GC nic ... It might be a fee structure thing ... Just to give you a different perspective ... Most OB's charge a "management fee" which INCLUDES your delivery. After you've paid your management fee appointments are at more regular intervals as well as whenever they (or you) feel necessary. To charge you a single visit fee every time you went there might become incredibly costly for you and you might not get the "value " of the fees including your delivery.

Just another point of view ... She may have been coming from a a completely different angle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    New mummy- im really no help at all, but my gosh i would be so very peeved off too... Did she know you were pregnant??

Gcnic- oh my gosh! That does not sound very professional or compassionate at all... I would deffinately start seeing your ob or gp in coffs instead. And I think coffs harbour is a big enough city im sure they will be able to pick up if (touch wood there wont be) any birth defects etc... Big hugs, try not to get upset, sounds like you're having a rough trot doing as well as you can... xo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fullofhope For This Useful Post:

GCNic  (24-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling all Gold Coast Ladies IVF, FET, IUI #3

Newmummy, not sure about hand foot and mouth, but I do know that slapped cheek (parvovirus) can be dangerous to the fetus within the first 20 weeks, and know someone who just recently lost their baby at 18 weeks to it. I would definately recommend seeing a doctor regarding your exposure to be on the safe side.
    Nic, what an awful experience for you. Having a baby is supposed to be a happy and wonderful experience, scary enough as it is let alone feeling like your OB is not being as supportive as they could possibly be. There is no reason why the scans in coffs would be any different to the GC, it all comes down to the sonographer, so good sonographers just work exclusively on the coast? How on earth would she even know what they are like down there? Coffs harbour must be full of babies with birth defects then if none of their sonographers are experienced enough to pick them up, lol!
    Sounds like you are confident in the OB in coffs and sounds like you will be there for quite a few appts so I don't see why you can't make him your OB exclusively and just get a few check ups here and there up here. Seriously, most of my appts are just weight, BP, quick scan to make sure everything still ok and if im feeling ok. Nothing that a good GP can't do, except the scans but you could just have them done at an ultrasound place if your concerned.
    However, I would register with public just in case you did go into labour here.
    Alternatively, you could just change OB's on the coast to someone more supportive of your choices. As cocosmum did say there is a management fee to pay, and I wonder if both of them would charge you it and you end up paying it twice. Pretty sure Medicare will only rebate you on one of them.
    It sucks that she made you feel like that, I'm not sure if your going to be comfortable with her after that are you???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie77 For This Useful Post:

GCNic  (24-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Newmummy - http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/factsh...footmouth.html

Does say there is no clear evidence of any risk to an unborn baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your support ladies.

Whatever her reasons for her advice it's not going to work for me. I

've got an appointment with a GP that came highly recommeded on Weds. I'm going to get some advice from her and my referrals for OB in Coffs. I'll get an appointment with OB while I'm in coffs in April and get some advice from him also.

Ideally I think I'd like a fabulous GP and Coffs OB to do shared care. I'll book into a public hospital up here just in case.

that's my thoughts atm...see what the Dr's say.

thank you for the support girls

Nic
    x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GCNic For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (25-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds like your doing the right thing Nic, do long as your happy with your decision that's all that matters. You need to have confidence and trust in your OB and I don't think it sounds like you would after that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie77 For This Useful Post:

GCNic  (24-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by fullofhope View Post
    New mummy- im really no help at all, but my gosh i would be so very peeved off too... Did she know you were pregnant??

Gcnic- oh my gosh! That does not sound very professional or compassionate at all... I would deffinately start seeing your ob or gp in coffs instead. And I think coffs harbour is a big enough city im sure they will be able to pick up if (touch wood there wont be) any birth defects etc... Big hugs, try not to get upset, sounds like you're having a rough trot doing as well as you can... xo
    Yep she knew I was pregnant that's why I'm so peeved off 😔

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie77 View Post
    Newmummy - http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/factsh...footmouth.html

Does say there is no clear evidence of any risk to an unborn baby.
    Thanks goldie just hope I don't carry it to nz with me and give it to my nieces one niece only being 3w old :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gcnic- im glad youve found appointments with an alternative dr and ob . Do you travel up to the coast for treatment? Its a long way from Coffs harbour!

New mummy- gosh, i certainly dont understand what goes through some mothers heads... Fingers crossed theres absolutely no harm to you bub or your relatives .

Afm- now 6 dpo, trying not to read into things but my boobs and slightly sore! Aside from that nothing much happening at all... Just waiting and trying to keep busy lol....

Hope everyone else is doing well!?

Thanks
    Reviews

Kate - how did you go yesterday love? Been thinking of you. Sending you hugs either way xx

Fullofhope - hang in there. Not too many days to go.

TK