Closed Thread
Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've noticed you get all kinds of weird pains during pregnancy Kate -- most of them get put down to progesterone, and if your number is high you'll probably be hurting more unfortunately. The number of times I've read about a yukky symptom (indigestion, cramps, constipation) and "that's because of all the extra progesterone in your body" -- man, progesterone is not a friendly hormone! I hope you start to feel better soon, and I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

What a surreal feeling it must be Goldie! You're planning a water birth, right?

Lissy, I did literally dozens of HPTs -- my addict advice is to get some cheapo Internet ones (like Oracle) that are less sensitive -- the FRER start plateauing at about 5ish weeks and because the cheapies are less sensitive you can still see the line darkening on those for longer. Or you may not want to continue your obsession and instead behave like a normal rational person (unlike me!).

Thanks for the comments on the scan pic, it was taken at 20 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was Betty but can't now cause of the GD. If the traces look good I can labour in the bath if my midwife is comfortable with me in there, but have to get out for regular monitoring and can't birth in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie77 View Post
    I was Betty but can't now cause of the GD. If the traces look good I can labour in the bath if my midwife is comfortable with me in there, but have to get out for regular monitoring and can't birth in there.
    Aw, I'm sorry. I know you were keen on it but of course we want to do what's best for bub. I didn't realise the GD could impact the birth process as well -- thought it was more while bub was inside. Course I know nothing about it! These things don't always go to plan, do they. Xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just think its worse for me cause I'm on insulin I'm classed as high risk. It's ok, it would have been nice but yes I'm happy to go with whatever so long as bub is safe. When are you seeing dr Singh again? Everything been ok with your bub so far? No dramas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw him Tuesday. I have placenta previa (low placenta) and while the placenta sometimes moves he doesn't think it will move in me as it's completely covering the cervix/ Os. I have a certain amount of fear around the birth process anyway and was thinking along Caesarean lines already, but I read about what can go wrong with C-sections with placenta previa -- haemorrhaging and even needing a hysterectomy to stop bleeding -- and freaked myself right out!! He did say bubba was looking good though -- and that I looked tired, lol.
    Last edited by BettyW; 25-05-2013 at 20:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks dr Singh lol.
    I think the risks with a natural birth will be much worse then a c-section when it comes to placenta previa wouldn't it? Is he giving you weights yet, I remember when he told me my bub weighed 250g, and I thought wow that's a piece of steak! Last count she was 3.8 kilos. Think I'm going to have a chubber lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I saw him on Tuesday too, but I always have my appointments in the mornings to avoid back logs. Was maddie the student midwife still there with Margaret Mary when you saw her? She is my student midwife and will be at my birth. She is lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He said bub is just over 500g now. My appt was in the arvo, no student midwife, just Margaret Mary. And yeah, the cesarean risks are much less than natural with PP -- the baby wouldn't get out, and it can kill mother *and* baby. (With the infertility and now this, I kind of get the feeling that nature really didn't want me having a kid!) Anyway, Dr Singh was telling me he's done hundreds if not thousands of C- sects, so I feel like I'll be in good hands!!

I bet your girl will be gorgeous! My mum always said "you want a baby you can handle", and sounds like yours will be handle-able.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Screw nature, that's why we have modern medicine lol! Yes I would trust dr Singh 1000%. Even maddie said he seems to be the most knowledgable OB there.
    Try not to get caught up in all the stats about c-sections, pp etc. you beat the odds falling pregnant so why can't you beat them again! I think the odds would be super low for anything bad to happen anyway wouldn't they?
    And it's still ok to be anxious, I cannot wait till this baby is out so I can stop worrying if i haven't felt her move for 5 minutes! But I know that once she is out there will be a whole new world of anxieties! It's just the nature of being a mother I think.
    Enjoy being pregnant, it zooms by way too fast xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    I've noticed you get all kinds of weird pains during pregnancy Kate -- most of them get put down to progesterone, and if your number is high you'll probably be hurting more unfortunately. The number of times I've read about a yukky symptom (indigestion, cramps, constipation) and "that's because of all the extra progesterone in your body" -- man, progesterone is not a friendly hormone! I hope you start to feel better soon, and I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.
    I hope this is what's happening to me. I have been freaking out since yesterday arvo. I have terrible stomach cramps and lower back pain. I've never been pregnant before and I don't know what to expect or what is normal. I know you said feeling crap is lol...but all this cramping and pain that feels like AF is so scary.
    I'm on 1200mg progesterone total due to extremely high nk cells (400mg pessaries x 3 per day, or when I'm at work I use 2 x crinone during day as nurse said 1 x crinone = 200mg progesterone. Even though they say 80 or 90mg on then which is weird).
    Also had to raise my prednislone from 25mg to 35mg on instruction from my reproductive immunologist in Sydney upon getting a bfp. So that's always an adjustment which makes you feel like a cranky cow too!!
    My mum & nana came over yesterday, and my mum is such a sweetie, she cooked all day and put stuff in freezer for me for this week. But by evening I had turned into an anxious mess (thanks I think in part to all the lovely drugs, lack of sleep, and I guess hormones as I AM pregnant ). Dad arrived on plane at 6pm, so after the others had arrived at 6am it was a very long day and I have not slept well all week. You know when you love everyone so much but the chaos is exhausting?! My family is a full on bunch. Like my parents have literally told everyone they know I'm pregnant, while I don't really care who knows as i hardly ever see any of these people and they only told the ones who knew already we've been struggling with ivf for years (which is everyone by now as I'm an only child so this will be a long awaited for 1st grandie), it all freaks me out even more worrying what if something goes wrong. It just turned the pressure up again, all these people were sending my parents photos of themselves toasting champagne for us!! Gawd... I know so many of you must think we're crazy for telling people yet, it's just that everyone constantly knows when I'm cycling and asks questions etc. Everyone knew at our wedding 4 years ago that we would try straight away as it was in all the speeches!! We were that naive little couple hoping for a honeymoon baby. And having never experienced a pregnancy, let alone the fears of miscarriage, it just didn't occur to me how vulnerable it would make me feel with so many people knowing. I am hoping and praying like crazy that we are one of those couples who struggle and don't fall pregnant, but when they finally do they carry it all the way first time. I know so many of you have had losses and it terrifies me. Although I've also seen ladies who like me go for many many cycles, not a single pregnancy and then when they finally get there they do make it to birth. I hope that all the failed cycles mean that medication wise I'm treated as though I have had losses as they have put me on more preventative stuff, but at the end of the day I know it also comes down to if the baby is chromosomally normal and I have no control over that, it's just mother nature. We won't be telling extended friends or work etc until 12 weeks, but it's kinda like through my parents there is this huge network of people who have been praying and hoping and my mum is such an emotional person (like me) that she just bursts out crying when she talks to everyone and can't hold it in. We've always been the types if people who you can read like a book. Oh well, it's done now, it just freaks me out with all these pains and wetness you feel from these damn pessaries, I keep checking for blood .
    Sorry for big me post, I just needed to vent.
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 26-05-2013 at 08:26.