Closed Thread
Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Afternoon girls - so the results are in:

HCG: 6700
    Progesterone: 737 (dropped a little but apparently that is normal)

Having more bloods next Thursday just because I can and then scan is booked for 6th June!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Kate huge HCG!!! Congrats!!! So excited for you. If I could do the happy dance smily I'd do 10!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wholly cow!!!! That is brilliant. :-). YES!!!! I am so happy for you Kate. Everything is looking wonderful. It's worth getting that blood test in between just for reassurance. Our level was only about 1000 at 5 weeks 1 day. Bring on your seven week scan to check for twinnies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news Kate, so reassuring!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yay kate!!!! (i added a few for you Jen, i love that smiley dance guy too, he is my fave smiley)

i have no idea about numbers as not been there yet myself, but i hope i have to learn all about it soon! so how many weeks/days are you officially today? sounds like your first scan will be at around 7 weeks? is that typical? do you know when is the earliest they will scan someone as i assume it's the earliest time they can detect a heartbeat? also does anyone know if you can have too much progesterone? i am on a shedload, and i know your 1st number of 1000 was high kate - can it be too high? or is it just the higher the better? sorry for all the questions, anyone feel free to answer while kate is off celebrating!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your turn next lissy!
    I'm clueless over all these numbers as well. Re scan, my heartbeat scan was 6 weeks, then I had another at 8 weeks then dr Ong released me to my OB. That's just my experience, not sure what the 'norm' is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our FS said you can't overdose on progesterone so we were on heaps given our two miscarriages. 1000 is high but no harm to bub. Actually the clinic is happy if it's over 60 I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My clinic said the same thing -- there is no 'too high' for progesterone (it just makes you feel yuck, lol). Mine dropped too Kate -- original number was ~800 then ~ 500 a week or so later -- still all good. How many days past EPU are you? Your hcg is so high!!

Lissy the numbers are just another thing to obsess over -- and Goldie you're lucky you never had to obsess over them!

Jen does it seem like she's already grown heaps? Is it surreal to finally be a mum after all this time or is the immediate reality of having her too consuming to get philosophical about it? (These are the things I wonder about, haha!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls - yes numbers are a big relief!

Lissy I think I'm 5 weeks - 7 week scan is 2 weeks from today. Earliest I can be scanned is from the 3rd. I think for our babies they test as early as they can hear the heart best which is about 7 weeks.

Im not too sure if there is too much progesterone either. I'm the same as TK was just given heaps because of past history. Nurses said they are happy if its over 30.

Betty I am 23 days past EPU (it was on the 1st).
    Last edited by mustangkt; 23-05-2013 at 18:30.