Closed Thread
Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls makes me feel a little less guilty & I guess my DH is always right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangkt View Post
    Thanks girls makes me feel a little less guilty & I guess my DH is always right
    Don't tell him that!

What day is your next BT?

Lissy did you have your test??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let him think he's right but we all know I am!!

thursday is next one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We saw flynny yesterday. Doesn't look like we will induce before our due date but if baby hasnt come yet he wont let kate go over. We are happy with that plan. Anyone on some tablets for GD or are you on insulin injections? Looks like Kate will go on some tablets in a few weeks time.

We did our counseling yesterday too - so no more hoops to jump through from my end :-)

Kate good to hear things are chugging along well. How are u feeling and coping with the waiting?

How is everyone else going?

TK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BT Thursday. woke with terrible cramps that have eased, but it always frightens me so much as it feels like every other time happening again. Been meaning to catch up all weekend, wrote a long post which I will finish when I get to work. Has been good to have a brain break from the computer for a few days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey TK, yeah I've been on insulin. I wasn't at the start but as the pregnancy progresses you can become more insulin resistant which what happened to me, and my endocrinologist has increased my insulin requirement a few times. But once you hit 36 weeks the insulin resistance can come good good again so you'll find bsl levels may start to drop again. Hope that helps?

Good luck Thursday Kate & lissy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TK & Goldie - what sort of diet has been recommended for the GD? My diet is pretty good at moment but if I can take some steps now to prevent it I will. They don't let IVF babies go over due dates do they???

Lissy I had cramps from the Friday before my tests but all worked out in the end! I haven't had any since but have been a little off my food now. I do have a bad head cold too so that may be the cause too.

Good luck for Thurs xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mustangkt For This Useful Post:

lissyloulou  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate - its basically just a low GI diet. You spread your carbs out across the day - 30g carb for breakfast lunch and dinner and 15g carb for morning tea and afternoon tea. Avoiding sugary foods and fast food. I think you eat pretty well already by the sounds of it.

Fingers crossed for both of you (Kate and Lissy) for Thursday!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TK Wishing For This Useful Post:

lissyloulou  (21-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate, unfortunately there is nothing you can do now to prevent it, if your going to get your going to get it. If your eating well already then that's good because that will reduce any risks to your baby, i.e growing too big, but it's because when you do the glucose test they give you a high glucose drink so you can't hide from it. You have a long while to go till you get to that point so I wouldn't stress over it yet, enjoy your pregnancy xxx

I've been booked in for induction next Monday, bit scared but excited as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow Goldie so close. Where are you having bub again??