Closed Thread
Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate - I get the happy/sad feeling. I just thought I'd say that even though it is just typing I can really feel this strength in you in how you are presenting yourself. I think it's great to do affirmations, acupuncture and the like. I think anything that gets your mind as well as your body onto the path has got to help. I also did a few extra things this time that I hadn't before, eating kiwi fruit for 5 days from the first day of transfer, keeping my feet covered and warm the whole time (even in bed), oddly this was the one time DH and I didn't DTD before transfer as advised, I was too sore still, I took vitamin D everyday and sat in the sun more, I was also told by my accupuncturist to eat stew type foods, warming. Just thought I would share

Mummy2be sorry your appt didn't go too well, 6 kg doesn't sounds like a lot to have put on, not that I am an expert. I have GD so obviously avoid sugars, but was told by the doetician that it is still important t have some carbs as we need the energy when pregnant, so be careful with your diet and don't cut out too many carbs. Fingers crossed all goes well with your GTT test and your weight plateaus

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefuljen For This Useful Post:

newmummy2b  (26-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jen - I've been doing a lot of work in my mind frame this year. I do my affirmations, have a vision board of what I want & practice gratitude. It's helping me deal with home & work issues too!!! What does the kiwi fruit do??? I've heard of the keeping feet warm thing - meant to help with immune too I think? So were u told to DTD or not do it???

newmummy I agree with Jen don't cut carbs too much. I follow a paleo type diet (which was also recommended by the dude I mentioned earlier). So I eat meat & veg but also heaps of sweet potatoe & occasionally rice. Make sure I eat heaps if healthy fats too (avocado, coconut etc). A lot of ppl who go low carb cut out fat too & that's a big no no. I also eat a little dairy (full fat milk & yoghurt mainly). I read an article that said of the women surveyed that 85% of those that had low fat dairy had infertility issues. I switched to full fat straight away. Surprisingly I've put on no weight from this or eating more good fats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's really cool Kate! Umm with the kiwi fruit it was actually something I read on here, I remember it had something to do with assisting implantation, at that point I was ready to try anything, and figured it couldn't hurt. Warm feet my accupuncturist told me about, she said that it would help keep my uterus warm, I had also read it on here too. As for DTD I was always told by Dr O to DTD on the day of transfer, and yea as I said this was the only time that we didn't manage to because of the pain.

Ps. I forgot til you mentioned it but I also swapped to full fat dairy as I also heard that the low fat is missing some essential animal fats that can be helpful for fertility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angels4me, if Dh has to do Tesa/pesa again then you have to do another full stim??? I hope this emby sticks for you fx! My Dh also has that procedure bc vasectomy too he said he'd go again if we both wanted to. We will see.

MissKonkie why are you stressed ? Hope you get better soon.

Hopefuljen I'm well thanks for asking. Not far for you! How so freaking exciting!! I've never heard about the kiwi fruit (but heard of pineapple) and dtd on transfer day??? Is that after or before transfer??

Newmummy2b I think if you are aware of the weight you'll be fine. 6kg is nothing at 20 wks, probably the normal. Though as a Personal trainer and I'm no dietician I probably wouldn't go low carb. Try gluten free, no sugar, no wheat go, go clean eating. You never starve yourself. Seems a few of us have had the GD.

Mustangkt loving your positive thinking

Hi GCNic, BettyW, Goldie77, TK wishing.

AFM all is well, all back to normality except from yesterday, had my first pregnyl shot and progesterone for round 2. Transfer at 1pm on Thursday! I can't believe you can just got straight into it after a early m/c. C'mon emby!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helstar2303 For This Useful Post:

hopefuljen  (27-03-2013),newmummy2b  (27-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Newmummy, I think it's bizarre that she was even worried about your weight? I'm sure I had put on much more than 6kg by 20w, probably more like 10 and at no point did my OB or his midwife question it. And I'm like 94kg at the moment, but like you I certainly don't look 94kg! I think i must be holding a lot of fluid. Everybody tells me I don't look like I've put on any weight other than my belly too but 14kgs has to have gone somewhere???
    Don't stress over the GD, it was probably the best thing that happened to me as now my weight has literally not budged yet bubs is growing and growing. It was a wake up call too. Not that I was eating bad, but if I did want something I had it, but now I don't and I honestly feel fantastic.
    I work in a hospital so throughout my pregnancy i was regularly checking my BSL and it was never high, but i don't normally consume 75g glucose in one sitting either so its no wonder my body went what the hell! But make sure you still get your carbs from veges and things cause the baby needs them for development.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow Helstar, that's come up soon! Best of luck for Thursday. Xoxo

Mustang it's so amazing that you're being and feeling positive, you would have every right to go around kicking things but you have taken such a high road -- so much better for you as well, good on you!

Jen so soon! So exciting! You must be stunned, I bet it seemed like this was never going to happen and now you having a baby in your arms is imminent.

Nic I don't think any of your replies have come through, I thought you were MIA! Glad to hear that's not the case though...

Angels there are plenty of people who get preggers from 2 day embies -- TK's Kate is one. Would you prefer to grow it to 5 days or implant at 2?

NewMummy I'm sorry you got a rude shock from your midwife. I'm not overweight (BMI on high end of normal) but have put on 4-5kg and I'm only at 13 weeks, so I am worried about weight gain during this pregnancy. I'm actually jealous of people who've lost weight through MS -- the only thing that stopped me feeling sick was eating so while I haven't been eating anything bad (cept lots of carbs, very unlike me!) I've been eating much more often than normal. Just now feel like I have enough energy to start exercising. It sounds like you're really healthy though and also that lots of people are being diagnosed with GD -- weird huh!

Goldie how are you? Question -- someone on another thread said you can get screened for parvovirus. Do you think this is worthwhile for someone who works in a school? Are you being screened as a hospital worker??

TK -- tell us about your baby shower!

MissKonie are you cycling at the moment? You can vent here you know -- feel free to let us know what's stressing you out -- or is it the usual 'everyone else has a baby and why don't I?' I know all the words to that song and can sing along with you. xoxo

Man I hope I didn't forget anyone! So many girls on here now, it's great!!

Me -- I'm feeling a lot less stressy, thanks TK! Got me a Doppler and when baby is cooperating(!) that is wonderful reassurance. I told work yesterday I was preggers and they took it really well and even suggested some flexible options for next year (which they didn't need to do as I'm on a contract). A few more days and I'm on holidays for 2 weeks AND it's my birthday AND our wedding anniversary AND we'll be in Singapore and Phuket! Yay!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

GCNic  (01-04-2013),helstar2303  (27-03-2013),hopefuljen  (27-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Betty, no I've never been 'screened' for parvovirus, not quite sure what that would entail though?? I do know that there is no vaccine for it so I think you just have to be aware of the symptoms and stay away from any kids who might be showing something. After 20w there should be no risk to bubs if you do contract it.
    I work in ED so I'm exposed to everything but if something bad comes in the nurses make sure I don't go near them. Dr Singh knows I work in ED and he has never shown any concern for me either, but parvovirus is one that you do want to avoid until 20w, all the other nasties like mumps, rubella, measles, chicken pox, you should already be immune to.
    So make sure you avoid those cute little kids with rosy red cheeks!

It's nice that your work is being supportive, do you work for EQ or a private school?
    Have an amazing holiday! What a nice way to spend your birthday and anniversary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helstar - DTD is before transfer ideally on the morning of transfer, but if it is an early one then I was told the night before is ok, but they prefer morning. I think it is for two reasons, the environment of sperm being there is 'nice' for the embryo and it 'opens' and 'softens' everything ready for transfer. Yea I had heard of the pineapple too, but because I was on low dose aspirin I heard the pineapple wouldn't be of any more benefit. There were heaps more I heard like brazil nuts etc etc I was at the stage where I would have walked around upside down covered in yoghurt with ants biting me while singing 'Old McDonald' if it would have made a difference
    Geez I can't beleive how quickly the transfer has come round, good luck tomorrow will be thinking of you. (Oh and after transfer I have always watched funny films, happy emotions, and eaten a lovely warming dinner like shepherd's pie)

Betty - Crazy days, I still pinch myself as I imagine you do, it's very exciting!! And really not long to go now at all! Glad the doppler has eased your stress, it is a stressful time, a happy stressful time. Great about your work too, you must be doing a great job for them to be flexible with options - go you!! Oh wow Singapore and Phuket - babymoon - hope you have a great time away and a great birthday and anniversary!

Hey Goldie hope you are doing well! Not long til you are in single digits for your weekly countdown exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know Jen, getting so close. I've bought some raspberry leaf today so I'll start getting stuck into that.
    How many weeks have you got left now?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie77 For This Useful Post:

hopefuljen  (27-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah yes I got some of the raspberry leaf tablets.

Well... technically I have 3 weeks 1 day, but baby has been breech for 6 weeks and I have a bit of extra fluid, so we are booked in for a C Section in just under 2 weeks!!! EEEP!! Very excited, scared and nervous, but can't wait