Closed Thread
Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah they told me he only misses a birth about once every three months.
    I also liked that his advice about food etc was down to earth and practical.

He told us I didn't need to come back for another 8 weeks and I was a bit shocked, after having appointments weekly or fortnightly for the past 10 weeks! He saw this and told us to come back in 4 weeks, ha! Very happy with the decision to go with him!

How many weeks are you now Goldie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 28 weeks.
    Yeah I didn't see him for 8 weeks at your stage either. Now I'm down to fortnightly visits.
    He told me today that I will have to be induced before my due date due to the diabetes, he could see in my face that I wasn't keen so he said that he will reassess at the time and maybe he will let me go a few days over if everything is ok. So he is definately very supportive and works with you rather than just tells you how its going to be.
    Margaret Mary is fantastic too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angels - Hope your emby is going strong today. How are you feeling?

Betty - Great news on your scan!

Kate - I remember that it was your DH's birthday, I hope that all those factors come together for you. I too got my BFP one week short from a year to the date that I got my first BFP. And with your fresh start of a new FS, and your outlook, everything sounds very positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for thinking of me ladies its been really nice to read your thoughtful and encouraging words..

Betty that's great news on your scan it is so nerve wracking when you are older (I'm 38) time to relax now and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Kate fingers crossed for you that your next round is the winning one for you.

Goldie and Betty my OB was Dr Hanafy who works very closely with Dr Singh they are very good friends and assist each other when doing csections, I tried for a vaginal birth but ended up with a csection at 2am and had both Dr Hanafy and Dr Singh perform the procedure so I was in very good hands and i agree he is a really nice man.. I also saw Margaret Mary for my first appt and thought she was great I felt really comfortable with her but unfortunately she was just filling in and I didn't like my midwife anywhere near as much plus my midwife was a smoker yuk..

I'm still feeling really sad today and kind of blaming myself as I'm a bit superstitious and always wore my deceased grandmothers pendant with my last ivf and all throughout my pregnancy I never took it off except to shower and on wed night the night of egg collection I got into bed and realised I hadn't put it back on and then thought I was just being an idiot so went to sleep only to wake up in the morning and find out all but one survived so I think my nan didnt know to watch out for my babies cause I wasn't wearing the pendant, I went to bed last night with it on tho and this morning the clinic rang to say my little emby was still going and had grown to 7 cells ( I've got no idea if that is good as she left a message on my voicemail) but the scientist and Dr Ong have decided that since its my only surviving one that they will freeze it today on day 2. I have my appt with him tomorrow to find out more.

Hope you are all having a great day and thanks again for your positive thoughts its nice to be able to chat with women who know what you are going through :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angels my thoughts are with u and your husband!! Hope this cycle works out for u both!! Xoxo

I had my 20w scan today and found out we are having a little girl!! We are so happy!!
    My placenta is a little low but hoping it will move as bub gets bigger! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1363916384.940669.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angels - so gutted for you after all the effort you put into an egg pick up. I hope they explain their reasoning tomorrow and it makes sense. It's hard when some aspects are so out of our control. Hugs.

Betty - so happy you had your nt scan and are over the first trimester xxx Are u starting to relax a bit more now?

Kate - we also had success 12 months after starting. That's great you are onto the pill and on the train again so to speak. Flynny is great. Those extra things made all the difference for us.

I didn't realise the 30th was Easter!! And we won't be able to make it to coffee :-(

We have our baby shower tomorrow. So excited

TK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angles please don't blame yourself for something that is beyond your control - the extra stress won't do you any favours. You never know, maybe nan knows best and is looking out for the one that matters? I know it's easier said than done but putting a positive spin on the situation will make you feel better. I also think 7 cells is good - from what I can remember its meant to go 4, 8, 12 or something like that.

TK hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow. My babyshower is something I personally cannot wait for. I'm wanting to do a combined shower (male & female). I figured my DH has been with me all the way why shouldn't he celebrate......

Re: Coffee - I wont be able to make it either... family commitments over Easter. Jen are you sure you're even able to go? You're only 4 weeks away from bubba - that is INSANE!!
    Last edited by mustangkt; 22-03-2013 at 13:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh time to catch up.

Angel I just read, I'm hoping they gave you a good explanation why you only have one emby after collecting 10 eggs, Especially after going through what you do for egg retrieval. When is your transfer date? And why aren't they transferring fresh for you? Sorry too many questions and if you don't want to answer I understand too. Seems your emby is growing and multiplying well hey if the superstition works keep that pendant on

TK having an awesome spoilt time at your baby shower! I loved mine so much I didn't get a big shower for my first but for my DD it was huge and I'm blessed to have such great friends and family.

Goldie, home stretch now, last trimester! How is the GD going?

New mummy, your daughter looks perfect! It's funny and amazing the human body, from a sperm and egg together, to a cell multiplying, to a blob with a feral pole, then little bulbs for arms and legs etc... And of course a growing bump.

hopefuljen, mustangkt, bettyw and anyone I've missed, I'm still slowly catching up of everyone. Hope you are all well.

Coffee date just let me know when and where.

afm... I had a massage today....ahhhh and i had my first bt yesterday and another today and I've surged at CD10. Transfer date is Thursday! I can't believe it's come so quickly but that 2WW just drags! My first hurdle is that my frostie defrosts and recovers.... Fingers crossed! Got another call about sperm storage and we hadn't paid for it. And they way the lady spoke she said it was a substantial amount. She said she would waiver the over due amount and said to pay the next 6months. We were in arrears of $650. So only paid $175..... Thanks!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to helstar2303 For This Useful Post:

newmummy2b  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies..! sorry ive been mia - been such an emotional and hectic week..

Angels - Im so sorry for your results xx i have everything crossed for you to still get what you so deserve Thoughts are with u xox

HopefulJen - how are you feeling hunni..?

Mustangkt - fingers crossed that this is ur turn

Betty - Hows everything going..? Thats great news about your scan

Goldie - wow 28 weeks..! how exciting..!!

NewMummy - aww your little princess is sooo cute congrats babe xx

TK - how did your baby shower go..? Hope you and bubba got spoilt

Helstar - I hope Thursday goes well and FX for the BFP

Sorry if ive missed anyone..!! Hope everyone is doing well

AFM - not a lot to report really. I cant stop thinking this time last year I was JUST pregnant.. But getting the ball rolling this week by getting into my dr to get all those tests out of the way then its off to see the FS

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Helen, third tri I know! It's super exciting. The GD is all going well and I'm actually enjoying it, I feel fantastic. Your right, i have started to lose weight on it too!
    Your transfer has come around so fast! Good luck! Fingers crossed for little frozen emby.

Misskonkie, you sound like your looking towards the future and going into this week with a positive attitude, hope everything goes well for your appts this week, good luck!