Closed Thread
Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Made an appt with Dr Ong on the 28th. Will see O'Dowd after tomorrow just in case but I doubt he would change anything. Has totally discouraged me taking anything extra & I had to demand he do another examination to check my endo. That's if the numbers are still no good tomorrow.

welcome onemorebaby .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good for you Kate! I think you'll really like Dr O.

Goldie, sorry to hear about the GD -- I don't know much about it I'm afraid -- what are the risk factors? I know you said a while back that you'd been testing your blood sugar regularly, it must have come as a bit of a surprise.

Welcome onemore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Onemorebaby- welcome to the thread! Hope your first appointment goes well .

Kate- I''m hoping and praying for good news for you!! This whole process can be so heartbreaking and cruel... Fingers crossed for you! Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our Doppler arrived today and after lots of poking and prodding I found the heartbeat! Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Onemorebuby- welcome! All the girls here know their stuff and are very knowledgable so your in good hands for support!

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow Kate, but if it turns out you will have to see Dr Ong you will love him. So smart and a very funny and nice man.

Thanks Jen and Betty.
    Jen, I know what you mean about them jumping all over the place, yesterday's breakfast result was 4.3 and had the exact same thing today and was 5.9. Quite a bit of a jump. I'm only 3 days in but I don't seem to be craving anything I can't have though which is good. Haven't had bread yet but i don't think I'll do well if I have it.

Betty, risk factors are age (I'm 35), weight, family history, certain ethnics. But anyone can get it. Its just how your body reacts while its pregnant, that's why it usually goes away after baby is born. It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. I was testing my bsl regularly but obviously my diet must be ok, so unless I did the GTT I probably would never have known.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Onemorebuby, good luck for your first appt, it can be a bit daunting but when you go through it, it's not so bad after all. Im newish here too and The ladies here are fantastic, I'm sure anything you need or questions just ask, I'm sure there is a hopeful answer welcome to the group.

Hopefuljen, thanks for thinking of me, I'm doing ok. Lots of bleeding, my HcG has dropped to 6, so I guess good in away it's coming down fast to start another FET cycle! I thought maybe too soon!? The clinic nurse called me to give me my results and asked what we'd like to do, try again? I said I would, but needed to chat to Dh. He was fine with it so she's treating this as CD1! Fx it sticks. Though I'm more nervous about this one being out last bubsicle hoping it'll survive defrost.

I know some of you have done the "artificial insemination"?? What's involved with that process? As we have some sperm on ice too.

Dh even spoke of going through the whole stim again...I said let's talk about that when that time needs to arise.

Thinking of you mustangkt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re: the gestational diabetes, I had it twice, it went away after delivering. Only complications I guess if you don't control your bsl is you could get a big baby. My first was 8lb 12, and second which I was scared she was 7lb 7. So glad she was a little bit smaller . It can happen to anyone, the yes ethics play a role, im asian (i saw a lot of Asian ladies in when i had my check ups on my GD days i guess you could call it). Honestly for me, it felt like a waste of time going in. I am fit person, not over weight, I exercise regularly and I'm at fitness instructor so why do I get it? I don't know. But whatever lol I lost weight doing it. Not ideal if your a skinny Minnie! Now I'm just rambling but I need to get to bed I have an early class and need to get up at 4.30am. I thought about taking the rest of the week off, but it just feels like a heavy period. Dammit! Such a sucker for punishment!

night all xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Our Doppler arrived today and after lots of poking and prodding I found the heartbeat! Yay!
    Omg how cool are they you will never get sick off hearing that beat either I use mine every few days!! Love it enjoy Betty!! Xoxoxo❤

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie when do they get u to go the dibeties test?
    Onemore welcome your in good hands on here we will all look after you and guide u in every way we can and will all be very supportive!! Good luck in your up and coming journey it is not as bad as it sounds!! Xo
    Hellstar and kate thinking of you ladies!! Xoxo big hugs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to newmummy2b For This Useful Post:

helstar2303  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helstar, so sorry it's dropped like that. I found it so devastating to go from a BFP to a BFN in the same cycle.

You're quite brave to be thinking of going again right away, but sometimes "back on the horse" really is the most comforting thing isn't it? Xoxo