Closed Thread
Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mustang I went on mat leave 3 weeks before bub was due and he is now 7.5 months, I am only going back 12 hours a week to start with and I'm not really sure how I will handle being away from bub for that long I'm hoping the drugs won't make me even more emotional and stressed about it than I already am.. I work in retail and dont really like my job so that will make it that bit harder but the bills won't pay themselves and due to my DP having to pay way to much maintenance compared to his wage to his ex wife we can't afford to just live on his wage, I was lucky enough to put some money aside before bubs was born to allow me to stay off until now and the 17 weeks paid maternity leave from the government was a great help :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fullofhope-I did acupuncture leading up to my cycle and all the way through..I got my BFP and continued until I was about 3- 4 months I only stopped because the smell of the ointment that he used on other patients used to make me throw up lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel: Don't I know what you're going through there with the ex wife and paying more than what they're suppose to, we came to a point where I told dh to put his foot down!

I honestly don't think the government doesn't help enough, especially to their own people. But its better than nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Kate & Helen. That's such wonderful news for you both.

Fullofhope - I did acupunture but it was the only cycle I did so don't really have anything to compare it to.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie77 For This Useful Post:

helstar2303  (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fullofhope - we really concentrated on Accupuncture for our third round (the one that stuck). The first two we did some leading up but not religiously and nothing after. The round that worked Kate went once a week leading up and through the drugs, straight after embryo transfer plus 2 days after that and then weekly again until week 12. We also had Kate on royal jelly and cq10 enzyme for round 3, had 2 pregnyl injections and took holidays over the whole thing to try and relax more. I do value the acupuncture. Our FS said he thinks there is value especially straight after embeyo transfer.

TK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Helstar -- Congratulations on your provisional BFP! I so hope this one is a stayer! My clinic switched me to pessaries as well and they said it's cause they're cheaper -- Medicare subsidises Crinone during a cycle but not after (and not for a frozen cycle either?) I found I hated the pessaries even more though, they made me super itchy and I stopped taking them!!
    If you really do want to know if your Hcg levels are rising, you could start doing HPTs and comparing the line colour... Though take it from me, it does mess with your head a bit!!

FullofHope, I've been getting acupuncture for about a year now, and I go most weeks, the day before EPU and transfer and immediately after transfer. It does add up but it's my weekly relax time. My acupuncture guy recommended royal jelly and FS recommended CoQ10 -- so like TK's Kate I've also taken these all along (and folate!). How are you doing??

Kate, how are you feeling today? Has it started sinking in at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls

fullofhope I'm also doing acupuncture (with Toni Best @ the A Team
    mudgeeraba). I had it for my last round 2 but only had 1 session b4 transfer day then actually on transfer day. This round I've been doing it fortnightly since the last cycle then once a week when I started the drugs then again on transfer day & on the Friday of that week. Having another session next Sat too. I will continue throughout pregnancy too. It really makes me feel good - calm & refocused. Plus Toni is wonderful & it's like a little therapy session!!! I've also switched to a Paleo type diet (cut out grains, sugar, legumes). My chiropractor told me about a book called The Healthy Baby Code. You need to pay for it (all online). He talks about all the nutrition to become more fertile. If your interested send me your email & I will send you the downloads. I also read a book call 'You can heal your life' by Louise Hay (I'm pretty sure that's right). Anyhow she is all about the power of positivity & affirmations. I know have a big poster on my wall with affirmations that I say & write down daily! My biggest one is that I trust the process of life & I'm open & receptive to falling pregnant!! I had a hard time at the beginning of this cycle but then took a really holistic approach & I'm feeling much better about myself!

Angels that sucks you have to go back to a job you hate just to make money to give to someone else. Crazy. I too have been putting money away as I don't get paid mat leave. If love not to go back at all but hubby wouldn't be happy with that - he wants to be a stay at home dad!!!!

AFM - I was soooo tired yesterday but couldn't sleep. Wish I could have a lazy day but our carpets are currently being cleaned & I have my sister in laws engagement party tonight.
    Last edited by mustangkt; 09-03-2013 at 08:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helstar my DP wont put his foot down as she will just stop the kids from coming which she did before for four years and unfortunately the amount he pays was determined by child support so he has no say in it but the amount is ridiculous compared to his wage but unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about it.

Well I went to the clinic this morning to have my first blood test and scan and decided to wait around for the results before I picked up the drugs as they told me if results come back no good and I've already picked up the drugs then I still get charged for them so the nurse tells me they should have the results definately no more than 2 hours and hopefully only an hour so I go sit in my car and wait and wait and wait for her phone call, I had to go home to feed my baby so after waiting two and half hours I go back to the clinic and luckily they were still there and the girl looks at me and says oh yeh your results are fine and I'm thinking OMG why didn't you ring me and tell me that anyway off to the pharmacy I went to pick up the drugs and I start jabbing tomorrow am starting to get really nervous and emotional about it, if doesn't help that I'm also stressing about leaving bub and going back to work on Monday and my dad and his girlfriend will be here on tues for a weeks holiday.. It's going to be a crazy week !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel: we've had that blackmail before, but unfortunately she likes her free time so anytime there is free babysitting she's up for it.... but the kids aren't stupid. How old are your step children? It's real childish that she says that as she's not thinking of the kids. Gosh they are a piece of work! We've been audited twice by her and she's threatened a third audit with her still losing out. There is a site someone told me too look at regarding CSA stuff if I remember to ask my friend I'll give you details. Btw how nerve racking about waiting, hello?? Aren't they suppose to be on the ball? But fantastic to starting up again! Is this a fresh stim?

afm, I think I did get late implantation as I got some icky brown stuff this morning and night. Not a lot, so I guess all good there too. I really can't believe we're going again, like we don't have enough children between us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Angels who is your nurse? That was my biggest complaint with Monash during my first cycle. But then my nurse actually left and I had Paulette (the nurse coordinator) looking after me for most of my 2nd cycle and she was great.