Closed Thread
Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm glad your son made you feel a bit better! Where are you going on holiday??

To be honest I was surprised at how low the success rates were for IUI -- 20% ish, not that much higher than just DTD. If you're young and healthy your success rates for IVF should be close to 50%. I'm not trying to sell IVF (!), and I know you're not keen on lots of drugs, but that was what I considered when choosing to go the IVF route.

Again, I'm so sorry you've had to go through this again -- BFNs are the worst. I hope you start recovering from your cold soon too. Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Betty- Were heading to central nsw to stay at a nice family caravan park lol, nothing special but itll be relaxing and fun lol. It sucks doesnt it, im trying to stay positive about it all but its horrible to wonder about what I will do if it just doesnt work, but even if I go for Ivf there is no guarantee it'll work... I'm just so confused and worried that I may not have another child :'(....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fullofhope, relaxing might be what you need. They say some crazy things can happen when you relax and add a bit of crazy in there *wink wink* Don't give up hope just yet, enjoy your time away with the family, reflect and go from there. How old is your boy?

TBH I thought my FS would of given me the option of IUI instead of IVF, but he said better chances with IVF. Can't say I was keen with the drugs etc but now I've done it, its not that bad and I understand it a bit more. I don't like the costs either. We have frozen sperm as well, I think they like making money off us. As you pay for storage for the emby's and then pay for storage for sperm too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fullofhope - Your break sounds lovely. Camping is such bliss being away from the rat race. Hang in there. This journey can feel impossible at times but it does work - it has worked for so many of us on here when it seemed impossible. I agree that IVF is not as scary as it sounds. It has much better chances of success and allows u to really learn more about your body so if there is one part of the process where things are not working they can often do something to fix it or help your body along.

Mustang Kate - thinking of you today! Did you take the plunge and do a hpt?

Tk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Betty - super excited things are going well with your bub. The scans are fun aren't they. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just realised mustangkt and I had same day transfer but she gets a bt tomorrow and I'm waiting til Monday?!!! I was going to call the other day but I think I can hold on to the suspense a bit longer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TK no I haven't done a poas!! I'm too scared

I'll just wait for my blood tests tomorrow.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate - You are so strong !!! I would have gone through 2 boxes by now. Ha!! Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow. We will be waiting to hear xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

Sorry I haven’t been around, I often think of you all though.

Fullofhope – I am so sorry to hear of your BFN, it really crushes your heart receiving the call, regardless of whether you know or thought that was the case. A holiday sounds like a great idea; just having a change of scenery can really help with your head space. While IVF does sounds daunting, I agree with everyone else, it really isn’t too hard, but of course you have to be comfortable with going down that path. Between us all we have a fair few cycles and different combinations so we can offer advice and support. Anyways I am rambling, thinking of you...

Kate – I am sending you as much luck as I can for tomorrow, I really hope this is the one for you. I get you about POAS I could never do it, especially as my first cycle I got a BFN on my POAS the day before my BT, and then a BFP the next day. From that cycle, I decided never to test again and always wait for BT day, no matter how mad it drove me. Will be thinking of you, again loads of luck tomorrow!!

Helstar – Hi there J Isn’t it funny the difference between clinics, so yours likes to torture you for a little longer than others. Well done for being patient though! Hope your BT gives you great news, keeping everything crossed and sending loads of luck!

Betty – Fantastic news about your scan! You must be over the moon to have reached the magical mark!! So happy for you J

TK – How are you both doing? You must be able to feel a fair bit of movement now! How is Kate feeling?

Hope everyone is doing well in whatever stage they are in on their journeys. You are all such amazingly strong women and I admire everyone of you.... Haha can you tell I am a bit sooky today .....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefuljen For This Useful Post:

helstar2303  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are a sweetheart Jen. Yes all going great with my Kate and our baby girl. She is kicking up a storm. I have been able to feel her too which is exciting. Are you having a girl too? I can't remember if you found out or not. Glad you are well. When r u due? We are 22 weeks today!!

We all must catch up for coffee again - only 3 more girls on here to get over the line. It's so encouraging and it will happen :-)

I have a dr appointment tomorrow to get my referral so I can start for number 2 later in the year. We will do the counseling thing again (to use donor sperm) and do the initial appointments before bub arrives so we can just start when we r ready. Bit exciting. I will be on the IUI wagon to start with.

TK