+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    65.4, another good loss.

Not sure how i'm going to swing this all now, I've discovered I have gallstones and they've been giving me grief so my GP has put me on the 'Tibetan monk plus plus' diet. So wholegrains and veggies plus small amounts of lean protein (fish, chicken) plus small amounts of good fats (nuts, avocado, good oils). He said I need to make sure I eat as much as I can because I'm breastfeeding. And to try to avoid strenuous exercise because he doesn't want me losing too many calories while eating so strictly. So we'll see how I go, I'll probably lose a fair amount of weight, but I can't really do the 12wbt anymore, there's so much dairy and I can't do so much exercise. I'm going to keep running at least twice a week as slowly as i can, just to keep my fitness up. It takes so long to get it back up again.
    Seeing the GP again on Saturday once all my blood and u/s results are back, so we'll see what he says then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ouch gallstones are extremely painful, I'm surprised you can even exercise at times so you've done a great job getting this far and breastfeeding. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 24 weeks pregnant with number 3.
    I'm not sure if it works and don't know how but they say eating cucumber can help with the pains!!
    Good luck on your diet hope it helps stopping the pains.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well I've got rid of the pains but now I'm constantly run down, getting dizzy and faint spells, feeling generally weak I think my iron is low, and i have low BP already so i think i need to up my salt intake, take iron supplements and also up my protein because I'm constantly hungry. No gym for me I could barely get the kids ready for bed tonight. This is awful, I hope it's resolved soon. I've never been sick in my whole life.
    I've lost another 200g in the past 2 days, I'm really going to have to make sure I eat more or I'll shrink to nothing. I feel like I've been eating all day, though!
    I've had: porridge made with water and a banana for breakfast, with a black coffee. A big handful of grapes for morning tea. Big bowl of bean salad with flaxseed oil and lemon dressing for lunch. Another coffee, handful of nuts, and an apple for afternoon tea. A big bowl of wholemeal pasta with cherry tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms and parsley with a tiny amount of olive oil for dinner. A handful of olives when I realized I probably needed more salt. Then at 8 I had a bowl of potato and leek soup, and i finally felt ok. That is so much food. I think i may also start slowly re-introducing some low fat dairy and lean red meat because I can't keep eating like this. How on earth do vegans do it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    64.4, sounds great but i am worried about unsustainable weightloss. I would have lost loads more than that but i abandoned the exercise idea entirely and ate as much as I could, and had a fair amount of vegan chocolate cake! Very little fat, loads of sugar.
    So it's a silly way to eat, I don't feel healthy at all. But i feel the need to stuff some calories in me somehow so I don't lose too quickly. So annoying. Still dizzy and weak at the end of the day. Have got an iron supplement but it doesn't seem to be making much difference.
    Saw my GP again today and he has given me referrals for a gastroenterologist and a dietician so hopefully I can get in to see them next week and get this all sorted out, and get back on track.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That must be worrying FL, as much as we'd like to shed those kilo's quick, we also like to be in control of our weightloss; and yours is clearly going to occur no matter what, for now at least.
    I hope that your health improves soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back on track!
    So I've eased up in the diet, re-introduced a little dairy (not loads, just some skim milk in coffee, dairy spread on toast etc) and a little lean red meat. And a couple of glasses of wine, and some Easter eggs
    I've been for 2 runs this week, oh my goodness my fitness has gone to the dogs over the past 2 weeks! I was running 5k in about 32 minutes before I took a break, tonight I ran just 3.5k and felt sick, and got a big blister on my foot. So i will have to ease back into it.
    Can't believe this challenge is almost done! I think I'm heading for another loss tomorrow, jumped on the scales at lunchtime today to see what the damage was from easing up on the no fat diet, and I was at 64.5, so I think first thing tomorrow I'd say I'd be looking at about a 500g loss.
    I'm pretty happy where I'm sitting now, 64-65 is about my ideal weight, but i figure sitting on 63-64 means I have a little wiggle room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great work FL! You must be feeling good to be so so close to your goal weight. Hope the gall stones don't give you any more trouble

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to weigh in last week! I was 64 so i doubt I'll have a 1kg loss tomorrow for my 12wbt day, maybe by Friday, though. We shall see. As I said, the number doesn't concern me too much.
    I've been getting loads of comments on my weight loss, so that's pretty exciting. I do feel I need to do a bit more work on my diet, as it all went a bit haywire. And I've re-introduced by regular diet but haven't stopped eating all the chocolate vegan cake, ooops! And i really should do some toning, but i hate it anyone know any fun ways of getting some toning in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Go Fearless!

Did you end up joining the gym? If you did go to the yoga classes (they used to have them upstairs at the pool). Yoga is great for toning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did join the gym. I haven't tried their yoga classes yet, I've been meaning to, though as they have a class on a Sunday afternoon which is a pretty good time for me. I've also been meaning to go to a boxing or zumba class which are on Saturday morning, but we always seem to be busy.