I'm only 23 weeks, so still lots of time to decide - but I've had more than 5 years to think about this and I'm still not sure! I've never had my 'heart set' on having a VB - I always just considered it a natural and necessary process of life. Having gone into spontaneous labour and having and emergency C-section for reasons that would not exclude VBAC this time - I do not feel any less of a woman, or any unfulfilled 'need' with regards to DD's birth.
My biggest motivator for wanting a VBAC is the recovery - it was not impossible, but it was harder than 99% of VB mum's that I know.
My biggest motivators for an elective is that all our family are interstate, so a scheduled birth is a plus (but then DD came 3 weeks early - so I know a date is never guaranteed). Also, it feels a bit "better the devil you know" - I know what the procedure will (should) be like and the recovery.
So did you push for a VBAC because you really wanted a VB, or just because it sort of seemed better? I just wonder if, without a burning drive to VB, I'll 'give up' on VBAC half way through and be left buggered from labour + recovering from CS.
My OB and the hospital midwives support either option for me.