+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had multiple miscarriages and the docs sort of said 'bad luck - it happens'
    i fell pregnant in Bali and expected a miscarriage .... Had some bleeding so went to a Hospital to see doc, expecting substandard care & they were AMAZING ....
    They gave me aspirin for clotting and progesterone (which I suspect was the problem)
    demand something be done/tried next time as a preventative measure ....(or go to Bali!)
    i feel the docs here don't take miscarriage very seriously .... But when you desperately want a bubba it is very serious!
    i got my miracle .... Be persistent you get yours soon
    Last edited by fionaalice; 13-02-2013 at 20:53.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recurrent miscarriages

Quote Originally Posted by glitter girl View Post
    Hello.

I wanted to hear from ladies who have had multiple losses and what was causing them if they found out and if you had a healthy pregnancy after?

I have a double uterus so I know im high risk but my fs says I get pregnant fast so thats not a problem they just haven't made it past 6 weeks

Ive just had a d&c 6 days ago and want to ttc again after first af but im so scared something bad will happen again

Ive had 2 definite losses and 1 chemical

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Hi I'm going for a d&c next wed as I've had about 5 mc in a row all at 5 wks I can fall preg easy there's no point on clomid but its keeping preg I've had loads of bt done ultrasound and all seem k I have a thyroid condition but that isn't affecting it now so my ob thinks from having my second baby to getting the mariner in my uterus lining is not thick enough to hold the baby and sheds away too soon and I have low and slow producing hcg wih my ds2 I was 2 months preg hcg level was 8.8 he now 2yrs was told I'd mc but obviously I didn't its doing my head in ttc the 3rd its taking all my time away googling everything stressing when I do fall that ill loose it again etc after my d&c his putting me on strong contraceptive pills that ave high amounts of estrogen and progesterone ill go on that for 3 months to help thicken my lining up then once I fall preg I will be injecting myself everyday for 12wks of pregnancy not sure what the injection is yet he just said it .
    So have u gone off pill suddenly?
    How are u feeling after d&c?
    I'm not sure what to expect afterwards ...
    When I had the ultrasound the lady said I wasn't ovulating but everything was telling me I was she couldn't see an egg at all more had I o earlier she said the wk I will but af is due tues so impossible I think.
    I'd be waiting longer after the first af cause a d&c is quiet full on but then I've herd ppl fall straight away cause its been all flushed out and cleaned out so sperm doesn't get lost whether its true or not but I hope you can find some answers as I'm still waiting on the rest of mine fx that u get past the 6 wks and make it to 9 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to add to mine that this pregnancy is the only one in which i have taken progesterone twice a day. Im not saying it solved my issues as i do have endometriosis and that is possibly the cause but im not ruling it out. i definitely feel progesterone has helped us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fionaalice View Post
    I had multiple miscarriages and the docs sort of said 'bad luck - it happens'
    i fell pregnant in Bali and expected a miscarriage .... Had some bleeding so went to a Hospital to see doc, expecting substandard care & they were AMAZING ....
    They gave me aspirin for clotting and progesterone (which I suspect was the problem)
    demand something be done/tried next time as a preventative measure ....(or go to Bali!)
    i feel the docs here don't take miscarriage very seriously .... But when you desperately want a bubba it is very serious!
    i got my miracle .... Be persistent you get yours soon
    We have a bit in common. I had three miscarriages and went through a Pregnancy Investigation Unit, where a heap of tests revealed I was very healthy despite being over 40 other than a low egg reserve - ironic because I fall peegnant at the drop of a hat, but had trouble keeping them. My egg reserve test gave me a score of 1, which was discouraging.

So I gave up and went to Bali, and got pregnant! I decided I wasn't going to stress, I was going to enjoy my holiday and if this pregnancy was meant to be it would be. And miraculously, I am nearly 20 weeks with no problems at all!

The PIU did prescribe progesterone for me but I didn't take it to Bali - really didn't want to have to try and explain progesterone pessaries to Indo customs officers at the airport!

Getting and staying pregnant after 3 losses has been very healing. I now have a new perspective that those losses were just what I had to go through to wind up with my baby girl on the way. I wish you all beautiful babies to hold in your arms soon.

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi,

Firstly- sorry for your losses

I had 3 miscarriages while trying to have our first. I was only 24, healthy and couldn't comprehend why we were losing babies. The first was at 9 weeks, the second at 12 weeks and the third at 6 weeks. After the third I was able to see a FS and he did some scans and did blood tests on both me and DP to check for any of the common issues which all came back clear. About 6 weeks later I found out I was pregnant with DS and the rest is history. He is now almost 3 and I am 29 weeks pregnant with our surprise DD

In our case it just seems we were totally unlucky. It didn't help me at the time though - I wanted answers and I wanted to be doing something to ensure it wouldn't happen again.

Good luck with it all...hope you have a really positive outcome soon

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Recurrent miscarriages

Quote Originally Posted by chan87 View Post
    Hi I'm going for a d&c next wed as I've had about 5 mc in a row all at 5 wks I can fall preg easy there's no point on clomid but its keeping preg I've had loads of bt done ultrasound and all seem k I have a thyroid condition but that isn't affecting it now so my ob thinks from having my second baby to getting the mariner in my uterus lining is not thick enough to hold the baby and sheds away too soon and I have low and slow producing hcg wih my ds2 I was 2 months preg hcg level was 8.8 he now 2yrs was told I'd mc but obviously I didn't its doing my head in ttc the 3rd its taking all my time away googling everything stressing when I do fall that ill loose it again etc after my d&c his putting me on strong contraceptive pills that ave high amounts of estrogen and progesterone ill go on that for 3 months to help thicken my lining up then once I fall preg I will be injecting myself everyday for 12wks of pregnancy not sure what the injection is yet he just said it .
    So have u gone off pill suddenly?
    How are u feeling after d&c?
    I'm not sure what to expect afterwards ...
    When I had the ultrasound the lady said I wasn't ovulating but everything was telling me I was she couldn't see an egg at all more had I o earlier she said the wk I will but af is due tues so impossible I think.
    I'd be waiting longer after the first af cause a d&c is quiet full on but then I've herd ppl fall straight away cause its been all flushed out and cleaned out so sperm doesn't get lost whether its true or not but I hope you can find some answers as I'm still waiting on the rest of mine fx that u get past the 6 wks and make it to 9 months
    I was on the pill for 8 years and ive been off it for a year in may. We weren't trying then cuZ in needed my tonsillectomy but a month after they came out and we and dp finally moved in together BAM pregnant that month lol.

Ive had three d&c's two of them where not pregnancy related my gyno was just an idiot and likes doing surgery but I've only just realised that after changing.

My d&cs note being pregnant were horrible but this one hasnt been bad and im also stiched up in my vigina due to my ob fixing something my old gyno did. Im not really sore I thought it would be worse but im not im much pain.i get the odd cramps and ive bearly bled only.bled red blood on the day and just spotting light brown discharge sorry tmi.i think it just depends on the person and whos doing your d&c.

Goodluck for for d&c

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Recurrent miscarriages

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Mumma View Post
    I wanted to add to mine that this pregnancy is the only one in which i have taken progesterone twice a day. Im not saying it solved my issues as i do have endometriosis and that is possibly the cause but im not ruling it out. i definitely feel progesterone has helped us.
    Yeah im really keen on giving it a shot because mine was low it was omly 21 and my ob said you would think it would Be higher being pregnant and mynhcg was rising but too slow