+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Petition to Support ASD children in public schools. Please sign!

Hi!

I just signed the petition "Support Autistic Children in Public Schools: Provide adequate school funding; equal education; a caring environment" on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...ng-environment

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I am a parent of a 3.5yr old boy with high functioning ASD, my husband has a job opportunity in Sydney and I'm trying to find out what main****** state schools are like for including and supporting children with ASD, could you tell me your experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shell1911 View Post
    Hi
    I am a parent of a 3.5yr old boy with high functioning ASD, my husband has a job opportunity in Sydney and I'm trying to find out what main****** state schools are like for including and supporting children with ASD, could you tell me your experience?
    My DS is not supported at his NSW public school. From what I've been told by others this is generally the case for most kids on the spectrum here.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Signed.

It depends on the School Harvest Moon, our local public school has an amazing support unit for special needs kids and includes low and high functioning, it is split into 2 classes (lower functioning and higher functioning) and is known around the district as being an amazing place for kids on the spectrum to attend school. Most do really well out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that. Where abouts is your School? Sydney? Here it can be a bit of a lottery, even down to the teacher you get that year. It would be great to be near to a beach... Prices make your eyes water though. My son would love to be near a beach, we're close to the coast here and he gets so much from it. Really appriciate your input. Thanks.
    Last edited by Shell1911; 24-01-2014 at 03:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Signed.

It depends on the School Harvest Moon, our local public school has an amazing support unit for special needs kids and includes low and high functioning, it is split into 2 classes (lower functioning and higher functioning) and is known around the district as being an amazing place for kids on the spectrum to attend school. Most do really well out of it.
    Any tips on how to find such a school?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd ring ASPECT of the Dept of Education and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Any tips on how to find such a school?