+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OK so... day 1 and day 2 haven't been great. Yesterday I left it too long between breakfast and lunch and started to have a hypo (ie blood sugar dropping too low). I had to grab whatever I could find to quickly bring my blood sugar up. First thing I found was a chocolate Vitasoy (like an up n go but made with soy) and then a couple of baked bean and egg pie thingies I'd made the day before. Must remember to make a decent lunch ahead of time in the future.

The physio appointment yesterday went really well, I really liked the physio. she seemed to know what she was talking about and I got a lot out of it. I also did a tiny bit of the yoga on the wii fit, it told me I burnt 5 calories, go me!! Haha.

Today I wanted to go for a walk while DD was at a birthday party, but it was just wayyyy too hot so I had a little stroll by the river and sat under a tree to read a book. Then we went to my Mum's for dinner... Embarrassed to say that I ate a tonne of bread with dip and oil & vinegar, cheese, biscuits, a huge serve of potato salad made with store-bought full-fat mayo, and a piece of lemon tart with icecream. Whoopsies Anyhoo, luckily that's only an occasional thing, I definitely wouldn't eat like that at home.

So overall I wouldn't say I've started well, lol. Let's blame starting on a Friday, hey? Monday can be my official start!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like the sound of Monday being an official start for me too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not much to report here... it was too hot to do anything until Tuesday this week, on Tuesday I got a good 50 minute walk in, and about 20 minutes yesterday. I did a tiny bit of yoga on the wii fit today, burnt a MASSIVE 19 calories (haha). I've got a pilates appointment with the physio tomorrow.

The wii fit tells me I'm down to 59 kgs, and my mum asked me yesterday if I'd lost weight. However this could all be explained by hormones, usually at this time of my cycle I am a lot less bloated.

Food-wise I haven't been TOO bad. This challenge has really opened my eyes to a few small problems with my diet, I thought my eating was overall pretty good but there have been a few days where I've thought "hmm, I'd be disappointed reporting this in my weight loss diary". The evenings are the worst, after DD is in bed. I can't relax in front of the TV without raiding the pantry/fridge first. Last night I had corn cakes spread with home-made hommus, that's ok right??

I just read some bad stuff about frozen berries, which is really annoying. Why is it so hard to buy decent food? It seems that if you can't make a weekly trip out to some super-expensive, macro- organic farmers market, you are doomed to be eating food covered in carginogenic chemicals forever, no matter how hard you try. *sigh*

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Skinny me up!

I read the same thing about the berries, has thrown me as I have them every day in a smoothie. Apparently, creative gourmet do organic frozen ones for not much more than the regular. I couldn't afford to eat them fresh all the time.

With the eating after dinner, if I'm really actually hungry I'll have a healthy snack, otherwise I'll have a cup of tea, or if I have a sweet craving a warm milk with vanilla and 1/2 tsp sugar, then go and brush my teeth.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What's the problem with frozen raspberries? I use McCain brand in DD's fruit mix every day

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Skinny me up!

Apparently they have done tests on various brands and found traces of chemical pesticides that are known carcinogens and illegal in Australia. A lot of the berries are imported from places like Chile where they aren't illegal. I don't think McCain was mentioned - check where the berries are from, if Australian they are probably ok.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (21-02-2013)