+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That may well be true, but who is to say that that one year would be difficult or damaging to that child? Which is why I thiught she should be listening to people who have done it with their kids and have first hand experience etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can my son go to 2 kindergartens? Separated parents.

I haven't read any of these replies - BUT here's my opinion OP. my daughter is almost 3. She goes to "my" daycare 3 days a week as I study full-time. She goes to "Daddy's" daycare one day a week. She has 2 different centres and obviously two different homes. She is coping brilliantly. She's a pretty outgoing and resilient kid, but we've not had a single issue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lucymoo For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Maybe it is possible to do two separate kindys... Will it be good for your son - IMO... No

Plus, maybe you can get away with it for Kindy but what about the rest of his schooling life??? What then?
    I think you really need to sort it out for the long term now so that your son can be settled and not have to change his schooling again when he begins prep.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ooh didn't read the entire post before replying. As far as week on/week off 2 hours away I probably wouldn't go for it... But that's JMO, as far as legalities go yep, you certainly can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My kids have all gone to separate care places LDC, FDC and kinder over the years. They've all coped brilliantly.
    But it's never been week on week off. It's a routine every week.
    I might just say it one more time though....!
    The OP was specifically asking about Victorian 4yr old kinder.... The likely hood of gaining TWO spots in TWO different kinders for a week on week off would be very very hard to gain approval for....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    But that's JMO, as far as legalities go yep, you certainly can.
    No.you.can't.
    Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by youmake3 View Post
    Only one kinder can claim CCB/CCR so you would have to chose which parent pays full fees and which doesnt unless you split it.
    I'm not sure about that - both my ex and I get CCB & CCR, and we have 2 separate daycare's for our DD.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    No.you.can't.
    Lol!
    Sorry FOBS! I didn't realise we we're talking about actually Kinderarten program's instead of just "kindy" (what everyone I know calls daycare)... That'll teach me for not reading a thread properly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally agree with FOBS, 4 year old government funded kinder is very hard to get, especially as of this year, being 15hrs funded per week. I highly doubt you would ever be allowed to take up 2 spots at 2 different kindergartens.
    My 4 year old has just stArted and it was hard enough getting her one spot, with all the extra hours, some children are missing out all together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    No.you.can't.
    Lol!
    I have to agree. Kinder spots are so tight in Victoria that children are missing out, so I just don't see it being doable.

also, given 4 y/o kinder is subsidised by the Government I don't see how it could be worked out.

given all states have different terms for kinder/day care/pre prep etc, might be causing confusion.

OP, I sent you a PM but not sure if you got it. You need to contact your local councils and put in an EOI for the kinders you will be considering. I know most places start accepting them a couple of years in advance. I filled in DD's when she was 2.5. My friend's little boy was on the last for 3 kinders and initially missed out on all 3. It was only in Dec when there was a cancellation after another family moved away that he got a spot.