+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Can my son go to 2 kindergartens? Separated parents.

It will be 4 year old kindergarten.

I just wanted to take a second to point out a few things. Firstly, bubhub once upon a time was a place I found very comforting. People understood that we're all facing challenges and people had some tact when conversing with each other on here.
    I reacted the way I did because the very first comment I was met with, was not in any way constructive.
    Someone sat there and decided they needed to tell me it was a terrible idea.

At the moment I am eating once a day so my son can have 3 meals a day... I'm not drinking coffee any more so I can afford his nappies... im not driving anywhere on the week I dont have him, so I can afford to take him to the park when I do have him...
    I'm not looking for sympathy, trying to explain that I'm hanging by a thread and maybe needed a more gentle approach.
    Anyway the outcome to all of this is I am no longer going to be using bubhub, its catty and cold these days.
    Mums should stick together and be constructive in their approach, not just flat out say, thats terrible and not good for your son. How harsh.
    Take care all the beauties on here who know how to be empathetic and undersranding of others situation, u are the majority... its a pity about the rest.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kstar23 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-02-2013),OJandMe  (13-02-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Can my son go to 2 kindergartens? Separated parents.

The simple fact is, sending a child to two different kindies IS a bad idea. It is impractical, will be confusing and hard for your son. People have been honest with you, and also tried to offer suggestions, advice and information.

I'm sorry you are struggling. I hope you find a solution. Maybe come back later and read this thread with a clear head- no one has been terribly harsh towards your situation, and even you have acknowledged how touchy a subject it is for you. All the best.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (13-02-2013)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can't see how it wouldn't be perfectly doable if you could both find a kindergarten that was willing to be in communication with the other kindergarten. I know when I moved out of Brisbane, the kindergarten the boys went too was quite happy to keep me up to date with the units and curriculum sending photos and I in turn would do activities with the boys that she was doing with the kinder class and email photos back. So they kind of did kinder by correspondence really.

I'm sure if you shop around and if DS's dad was happy to do the same (it sounds like you have a pretty good parenting relationship) then I can see no reason why your DS can't successfully attend two kindergartens.

(the only thing is, you would probably have to pay full fees at both places, as they would not be able to fill his spot on the off week with another child)
    Last edited by OJandMe; 13-02-2013 at 15:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I don't think anyone is trying to say you are a bad mum. You sound like a fantastic mum seeing as you are trying to plan for these things well in advance. I don't have any specific information except to echo what others have said re: having to pay for 2 places if you enrol at both. I think your best bet would be to contact the department of education for your area and ask what their guidelines are.

In my opinion (please ignore if you wish!) I think your son will have trouble settling and integrating with the other children if you were to send him to 2 different kindys. As a teacher (in prep) and with experience working with gypsy families (who travel and will often spend time in several schools over the year) in the UK the children are often on the outside of the groups and struggle to keep up with the work and activities when they spend time away from school. Even those asian children who spend extended periods abroad visiting with families tend to find it quite difficult to get back into routines and things when they reattend class. Obviously this is just my opinion and without knowing your son I can't say for sure how he would adjust :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's not a good idea at all. It is not beneficial to your son to do that in any way. He would be forced to deal with 2 situations.. different kids each week.. I think you're going to have to look at a different care arrangement.

Why are you moving away from the father anyway? I think that's a bit selfish when your son has had consitant week on and week off with his father

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kstar23 View Post
    It will be 4 year old kindergarten.

I just wanted to take a second to point out a few things. Firstly, bubhub once upon a time was a place I found very comforting. People understood that we're all facing challenges and people had some tact when conversing with each other on here.
    I reacted the way I did because the very first comment I was met with, was not in any way constructive.
    Someone sat there and decided they needed to tell me it was a terrible idea.

At the moment I am eating once a day so my son can have 3 meals a day... I'm not drinking coffee any more so I can afford his nappies... im not driving anywhere on the week I dont have him, so I can afford to take him to the park when I do have him...
    I'm not looking for sympathy, trying to explain that I'm hanging by a thread and maybe needed a more gentle approach.
    Anyway the outcome to all of this is I am no longer going to be using bubhub, its catty and cold these days.
    Mums should stick together and be constructive in their approach, not just flat out say, thats terrible and not good for your son. How harsh.
    Take care all the beauties on here who know how to be empathetic and undersranding of others situation, u are the majority... its a pity about the rest.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub
    Man these posts annoy me. Instead of coming onto a forum where people are more than likely going to give you their honest opinion (of which I haven't seen anyone barr myself be rude or harsh in what they said) why don't you ask your friends? A friend is more likely just to say that's a great idea because they don't want to offend you.

*sits back and waits for the "pity me I'm leaving bubhub sucks thread*

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

delirium  (13-02-2013),HugsBunny  (13-02-2013),αληθη  (13-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (13-02-2013),MrsOhara  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    I can't see how it wouldn't be perfectly doable if you could both find a kindergarten that was willing to be in communication with the other kindergarten. I know when I moved out of Brisbane, the kindergarten the boys went too was quite happy to keep me up to date with the units and curriculum sending photos and I in turn would do activities with the boys that she was doing with the kinder class and email photos back. So they kind of did kinder by correspondence really.

I'm sure if you shop around and if DS's dad was happy to do the same (it sounds like you have a pretty good parenting relationship) then I can see no reason why your DS can't successfully attend two kindergartens.

(the only thing is, you would probably have to pay full fees at both places, as they would not be able to fill his spot on the off week with another child)
    While I can appreciate what you're saying. I think it's really unfair to ask a kinder teacher to add to their work load for something that really isn't necessary.
    I doubt a Victorian council would approve an enrollment for 4yr old kinder at two separate kinders. The waiting lists and demands are huge and there would be spot vacant each second week at the kinder. It's just not feasible I'm afraid.
    4 yr old kinder is 15 hours a week in Vic. I think a few phone calls to find one where they do 2 sessions a week over 2 days will be the perfect answer for the OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kstar, sorry you are under so much stress honey. My heart broke a little bit for you reading about your year. You sound like an extremely dedicated mum to me for what it's worth...

Good luck sorting it all out and coming to a decision. I hope your move goes smoothly. xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-02-2013),kstar23  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    That's not a good idea at all. It is not beneficial to your son to do that in any way. He would be forced to deal with 2 situations.. different kids each week.. I think you're going to have to look at a different care arrangement.

Why are you moving away from the father anyway? I think that's a bit selfish when your son has had consitant week on and week off with his father
    Renesme - wow, you have a way with words... I don't think there is ANYTHING selfish about moving closer to support. kstar has admitted to feeling at breaking point. I actually think it is a wise decision personally.

Anyway, luckily it doesn't matter what you or I think - it is her decision to make.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-02-2013),kstar23  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my daughter enrolled in two preschools, intending on deciding between the two of them at the start of the school year. One of the preschools did make a point of telling me that I did have to go with one or the other, because they are partially government funded and each child is only eligible to attend one.

(These were for a 5day fortnight - one was Mon/Tues and every other Wed, the other was the alternate Wed, and Thr/Fri - so physically she could've attended both.)

PS: I am in Queensland and talking about C&K kindys. It might be different in your state.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 13-02-2013 at 16:14.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast