+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Can my son go to 2 kindergartens? Separated parents.

Quote Originally Posted by kstar23 View Post
    I can't settle down. Bubhub used to be a place I could come for information. All ive been met with on this thread is a heap of opinions. I'm not a fool.
    How would u feel if someone said the potential choice u were making for your child was terrible? It's not your place to say unless I ask "what do u think"...
    Omg that happens ALL.THE.TIME.

Wow. Ok. You know what? I'm responsible for what I type, not what you read or interpret from it.

I was TRYING to open up a conversation with you, but because I didn't come in all sunshine, roses and puppy dogs, singing 'tra-la-la, you're awesome and that's a GREAT idea for your son' you've jumped straight down my throat!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Can my son go to 2 kindergartens? Separated parents.

awww hugs op tough situation to be in.
    is there a kinder halfway he could attend???so an hour from both places??

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meljemillie For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think you'd have to pay for both full time as you'd be taking up two spots.

And FTR, I can't see how such a confusing scenario would be in the child's best interest- is there any way his dad might consider moving closer to where you are going? Just thinking that a year later he will start regular school, and you can't send him to two schools.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're opinion hit a nerve because I am currently hanging by a thread...
    When I signed up to be a mum, I didn't expect to be a 50% one. But my DS loves his dad and needs him in his life just as much as he needs me.
    I cannot give him up if he needs to be in one place, but I cannot keep him away from his hero (his daddy) either. Im between a rock and a hard place and I am trying to stretch out our current situation so that no one misses out on him and he doesn't miss out on us... Not saying its what I intend to do, but I'm sourcing every piece of information I can so I am armed when it comes to making the correct decision.
    Your opinion hit a nerve because all I have ever done is put my child first. And someone telling me I was about to make a terrible choice for him, isn't what I came to bubhub to hear. Just info on the kinder topic. Factual information.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by meljemillie View Post
    awww hugs op tough situation to be in.
    is there a kinder halfway he could attend???so an hour from both places??

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub
    I thought that to, but that's 2 hours travel a day for a little kid- seems a bit much? Hmm, it's a tough one OP.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Can my son go to 2 kindergartens? Separated parents.

Kindy is only 2.5 days a week, is it possible to split custody 4 days/3 days

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    Last edited by Pregnor; 13-02-2013 at 09:15.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (13-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (13-02-2013),Maximum22  (13-02-2013),PomPoms  (13-02-2013)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

Ok, I get that. I do. I've been there and it sucks.

But whilst the facts are that you probably CAN send him to two different kindy's, have you thought about what you're going to do when he starts compulsory schooling the next year? That's also something to consider.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

mama and her little bearxxx  (13-02-2013),PomPoms  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kstar23 View Post
    You're opinion hit a nerve because I am currently hanging by a thread...
    When I signed up to be a mum, I didn't expect to be a 50% one. But my DS loves his dad and needs him in his life just as much as he needs me.
    I cannot give him up if he needs to be in one place, but I cannot keep him away from his hero (his daddy) either. Im between a rock and a hard place and I am trying to stretch out our current situation so that no one misses out on him and he doesn't miss out on us... Not saying its what I intend to do, but I'm sourcing every piece of information I can so I am armed when it comes to making the correct decision.
    Your opinion hit a nerve because all I have ever done is put my child first. And someone telling me I was about to make a terrible choice for him, isn't what I came to bubhub to hear. Just info on the kinder topic. Factual information.

It is really tough, I've been a single mum. People on bh share their opinions all the time. I don't think hugsbunny mean you were a bad mum, but she's right, it is a bad choice for your son, it's not sustainable, it's bound to be confusing for him and even if you do it for a year, it will have to change for big school. All I'm saying is I think you need to be realistic, and if you want ideas or suggestions, we can discuss it with you. If you're set on doing this, I hope you really look into how this cam affect your little boy so that you and your ex can support him through such a confusing period.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (13-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (13-02-2013),PomPoms  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    Mindy is only 2.5 days a week, is it possible to split custody 4 days/3 days

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    That's a good idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would say you probably could have your child attend two kindergartens. But you would have to pay both places for the weeks that they are not there as well as the times there are to hold the spot.

You would also need to talk to Centrelink about CCB and CCR if you are eligible for either or both about the way to go about claiming these. With Centrelink they would not pay benefits for two kindergartens as it is double dipping in a way (if that makes sense).