+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default professional baby photos

Definately ask up front the prices of prints, discs, the shoot then no surprises!

Thanks
    Reviews

I can recommend one in perth if I am allowed to.... Can I pm info??? I honestly don't know the prices but love their work and they would happily disclose prices up front. I think a private photographer over one of those big photography companies / shopping centre ppl is the way to go. Personal service not just money making

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: professional baby photos

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I was suckered into spending $500 on Gotcha pics! I have 1 up on my wall. Mum has 2 of them on hers. The rest are somewhere in a folder.

Honestly, I think you're better off going to an actual photographer, not some supermarket nonsense place where they do naff poses with naff outfits and naff props... I think you'll get much better pics if you seek out someone who doesn't harass you while you're shopping.
    I loathe shopping mall photos. I don't know why anyone would get them done, they always look grainy.

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews

I go to a photographer for newborn and family photos, the session was $500 but includes a disk with all edited photos, I use them for the birth announcement, cAlendars for family presents, prints for my walls etc. we get a fantastic result and products that we want, not forced on us.

I can give some recommendations if you would like

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haven't read the responses yet sorry (on the run!) but if you are on FB have a look at your local buy and sell pages, sometimes locals that are starting out in photography advertise on those pages. Or better still, post yourself asking for suggestions about local pages and check out their suggestions.

Good luck!

Sam

Thanks
    Reviews

thanks guys

heymegz and waitsee i just pm'd you both :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SammiAnn View Post
    Haven't read the responses yet sorry (on the run!) but if you are on FB have a look at your local buy and sell pages, sometimes locals that are starting out in photography advertise on those pages. Or better still, post yourself asking for suggestions about local pages and check out their suggestions.

Good luck!

Sam
    ive always been confused about that. how do you search for the businesses, i can only find ones i know the name of :/

Thanks
    Reviews

We've done it twice...6 weeks and 1 year for DS1. But not for DS2. I realised my skills started to improve so fell in love with my own pics (and getting better at using my camera too). I wasn't as confident when I had DS1 but now enjoy it more.

The two prof photographers we used were good but no digital images were included. Because Im a photobook junkie, this didn't work.for me!

A couple of my friends swear by someone here in Melbourne who gives you a disc with all the images and the pics are amazing. Really natural. Happy to share her details if you're in Melbourne. Just PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews

thanks cat21 but i am in perth

10. The Following User Says Thank You to baby4us For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (13-02-2013)

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I PMd you hun, I'll have a look for you if you don't mind sharing your suburb with me. There are so many different ways of naming the groups and can be tricky.

HTHs

Sam