+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default professional baby photos

been looking at getting some of these done of the kids

looking at some price lists and they don't seem too bad as long as you only get 1 or 2 pix. but i doubt i could just stick to ordering a couple and then it'll be getting really expensive.

are your walls adorned in beautiful photos of your kids? how much have you spent on them? how many photos did you order?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: professional baby photos

We get discs so that we can print off what we want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to a WAHM photographer who had an at home studio, she charged $150 and I got 20+ edited photos on a disc.

This is the cheapest way to do it IMO.

You can then order prints/canvases etc... off sites like Snapfish for cheap, especially if you wait for them to have specials.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We just got some done. We paid $200 for a 2 hour shoot in a park.

Photos then cost $50+ each depending on the size. We could have bought the disc for $300 but the photos would have been unedited. It would have been an extra $15 per edited photo.

You're right it's really hard to just pick 1 or 2. The photos make your heart melt! But if that's within you're budget then it's better to have 1 or 2 gorgeous photos rather than none. I don't know what our total is going to be yet :S

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I went to a WAHM photographer who had an at home studio, she charged $150 and I got 20+ edited photos on a disc.

You can then order prints/canvases etc... off sites like Snapfish for cheap, especially if you wait for them to have specials.
    That is a bargain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    That is a bargain!
    It really is too cheap, a lot of amateur photographers with a bit of a home studio under price themselves to be competitive, some are absolute rubbish and some do the job well. You definitely have to shop around and be picky.

I actually got that shoot for 1/2 price ($75) in a special, then a few free shoots with her as she wanted to use DD as a model in a product shoot.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: professional baby photos

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

I've done this too, best value by far! Both people I've used I found through Facebook as friends have used them and posted their photos and I thought they were great. I'm on my phone so can't see where you are but if you're in Melbourne I can recommend people! I got the disc too and the right to reproduce the images included in the cost of the session. I love the photos and have sent a lot to family overseas etc, plus had some printed as enlargements and framed

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

i am in perth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was suckered into spending $500 on Gotcha pics! I have 1 up on my wall. Mum has 2 of them on hers. The rest are somewhere in a folder.

Honestly, I think you're better off going to an actual photographer, not some supermarket nonsense place where they do naff poses with naff outfits and naff props... I think you'll get much better pics if you seek out someone who doesn't harass you while you're shopping.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I was suckered into spending $500 on Gotcha pics! I have 1 up on my wall. Mum has 2 of them on hers. The rest are somewhere in a folder.

Honestly, I think you're better off going to an actual photographer, not some supermarket nonsense place where they do naff poses with naff outfits and naff props... I think you'll get much better pics if you seek out someone who doesn't harass you while you're shopping.
    This happened to me. I finally learnt my lesson after the first two. They look almost tacky (I hate saying this) compared to the ones we got done from a real independent photographer.